The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Placable37

Lamb Takes Scroll & Opens Seals - How?.

In Revelation 5 John sees a scroll written within and on the backside and sealed with seven seals. Only the Lamb that was slain is worthy to open the scroll and loose the seals.The Lamb takes the scroll from the right hand of God, presumably with its mouth if we want a literal element to the scene.

Rev 5:5-7
(5)  And one of the elders said unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
(6)  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
(7)  And he came and took the scroll out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Quoted from Hello-Bible.Com

"Sealing a document meant that the contents were protected, authentic, valid, and carried the authority of the one who sealed it. They would tie the document with a thread, and cover the knots with a piece of clay or wax stamped with the official signet or ring. The seal functioned like the signature we use today to validate documents.

Rev 6:1
(1)  And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

The Lamb has seven horns and seven eyes. I'm wondering if a specific horn was used to open a corresponding specific seal. Scripture doesn't say how the Lamb opened the seals but one foot on the scroll and one horn under the seal would do it.

Only the Lamb is worthy to open the seals - a very high honour, very high indeed.

Rev 5:11-13
(11)  And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
(12)  Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
(13)  And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

• Like 1