The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

The meaning of this verse has been debated perhaps more than any other verse in the book of Revelation. The number 666  have been thought to be many things, including the man of the unholy trinity of Satan, the anti-Christ.  The number symbolizes  a complete total unholy  world wide dominion of evil to ruin Christ  and overthrow Him. The number 777 represents complete perfection. The number 666 is the very opposite of 777 and 666 represents utter and completely being short of perfection.

Some believe the number 666 is symbolic of things. Many believe the number 666 represented Nero, or the evil Roman empire or the first beast in Revelation 16:13. There are many views on Revelation 13:18, perhaps its best to do read as many views as you can and come to your own conclusions. God bless.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:15 AM, Jedothek said:

Why do most commentators think that the beast of rev 13:18 is the antichrist? The bible does not say so 

There are two beasts envisioned in Rev.13. If you will, the first beast rises from the sea of sinful humanity, and the second beast rises from the earth of evil vanity. It is best not to isolate Rev.13 from the rest of the book of Revelation so that the full picture is examined.

Rev 13:1
(1)  And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 13:11
(11)  And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Rev 16:10-11
(10)  And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
(11)  And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Rev 16:13
(13)  And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Rev 17:3
(3)  So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:8-11
(8)  The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
(9)  And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
(10)  And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
(11)  And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Rev 19:19-20
(19)  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
(20)  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Edited by Placable37
meal break

Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2018 at 5:15 AM, Jedothek said:

Why do most commentators think that the beast of rev 13:18 is the antichrist? The bible does not say so 

I've wondered this myself and have come to the same conclusion that the Bible does not say that the Beast out of the sea is the Antichrist.

As far as 666, this is a topic I have studied in depth. The key to understanding is to not look outside the Bible for answers, but rather to look within.

For example...

Ezekiel 3:9

"As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house"

AD'AMANT, n. [ Gr.; L. adamas; a word of Celtic origin.]
A very hard or impenetrable stone; a name given to the diamond and other substances of extreme hardness. The name has often been given to the load stone; but in modern mineralogy, it has no technical signification.

God made his forehead like a Diamond. A Diamond is Carbon. Carbon is 666.

There are many clues like this in Scripture.

Coincidentally, Strong's 666 is Ashes which is Carbon...

mhp-0818.png.14bafbe1911c0b6a9fa808ec72fae8fd.png

Edited by Mikey

The sin of Judah is written with a Diamond. Again, Carbon 666...

mhp-0821.png.152e3a45a03cbe6f995a617c742a3cfc.png

Long story short, 666 is Carbon which is representative of all life on this planet.

We are all Carbon based life forms...

Genesis 18:27

"And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes"

Job 30:19

"He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes"

Dust is DNA by the way.

Thus, the Mark of the Beast is a Covenant with the FLESH. A Covenant with DEATH.

Transhumansim... the quest to become Gods.

Look at your right hand. What do you see?

Fingerprints. Palmprints.

This is your unique God given ID.

When One rewrites their DNA, they receive a new set of prints... Mark in the right hand.

Facial Recognition? Mark on the forehead. Again, your unique ID.

You change your DNA, you change your facial features.

The Hour of Temptation is here. Who can withstand? Many of you will be faced with this decision very soon. What will you decide?

Remember...

DNA is a book written by God. Anyone who adds or takes away from the Book will suffer...

Revelation 22:18

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book"

Revelation 22:19

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book"

Don't place an idol in your Temple!

mhp-0816.png.6f906893519ca6a06957144af714e443.png

Staff
On 5/9/2019 at 11:37 PM, Mikey said:

Genesis 18:27

"And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes"

Job 30:19

"He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes"

Dust is DNA by the way.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:37 PM, Mikey said:

Dust is DNA by the way.

Complete and utter nonsense!!!  The Hebrew nouns עָפָר and אֵפֶר (= dust and ashes) have Nothing to do with DNA.  Both in Gen. 18:27 and Job 30:19 the phrase "dust and ashes" point to human frailty\weakness not DNA.  There is zero lexical support for your false claims.

Staff
On 5/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, Mikey said:

I've wondered this myself and have come to the same conclusion that the Bible does not say that the Beast out of the sea is the Antichrist.

As far as 666, this is a topic I have studied in depth. The key to understanding is to not look outside the Bible for answers, but rather to look within.

For example...

Ezekiel 3:9

"As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house"

AD'AMANT, n. [ Gr.; L. adamas; a word of Celtic origin.]
A very hard or impenetrable stone; a name given to the diamond and other substances of extreme hardness. The name has often been given to the load stone; but in modern mineralogy, it has no technical signification.

God made his forehead like a Diamond. A Diamond is Carbon. Carbon is 666.

There are many clues like this in Scripture.

Coincidentally, Strong's 666 is Ashes which is Carbon...

mhp-0818.png.14bafbe1911c0b6a9fa808ec72fae8fd.png

Your post is nothing more than a series of illogical and irrational leaps of confused thinking.

First, there is no evidence that אֵפֶר\אֲפֵר refers to carbon.

Second, the noun שָׁמִיר (= adamant, flint in Ezekiel 3:99) is not linked to אֵפֶר\אֲפֵר.

Third, the context shows "bandage" makes better sense.

Then he found another man and said, “Strike me, please.” And the man struck him—struck him and wounded him.  So the prophet departed and waited for the king by the way, disguising himself with a bandage over his eyes.  (1 King 20:38-39)

The prophet has someone physically assault him about the face so that it would be bandaged.  While camouflage can be helpful in a wilderness setting in this case merely spreading ashes upon one's face is not really a disguise out in the open and face to face with someone.

Fourth, Strong's entries is helpful.

665. אֵפֶר ʾepher, ay´-fer; from an unused root meaning to bestrew; ashes:—ashes.

666. אֲפֵר ʾapher, af-ayr´; from the same as 665 (in the sense of covering); a turban:—ashes.

Note that the two words (ie. 665 and 666) are not pointed the same (i.e. different vowels).  Also note Strong points out the second noun can be used "in the sense of covering; a turban."  Clearly that would not be ashes.

Fifth, Strong does not link אֲפֵר to carbon.

Sixth, the word used in both 1 Kings 20:38 and 20:41 is אֲפֵר (i.e. ʾapher) NOT אֵפֶר (i.e. ʾepher).  The words are related but the vowels are different.

Seventh, the atomic number of Carbon is not 666 (i.e. six hundred sixty-six).  The atomic number of Carbon is simply 6.  Carbon does have 6 protons, 6 electrons, 6 neutrons that does not add up to six hundred sixty-six = 666 (the number is not 6 + 6 + 6 nor is it 6 and 6 and 6).  Also all carbon is not the same.  For example neither carbon-13 or carbon-14 have 6 protons, 6 electrons, 6 neutrons.

Everything in your post is wrong and cannot be supported.