The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Matt Redman Forced To Change Name To More Politically Correct 'Matt Native American'

BRIGHTON, ENGLAND—After internet mobs began relentlessly attacking Matt Redman for his "racially insensitive" last name, the singer has come forward to announce that he will be changing his name to "Matt Native American" to avoid the negative stereotypes associated with his previous surname.

The post Matt Redman Forced To Change Name To More Politically Correct 'Matt Native American' appeared first on The Babylon Bee.

View the original full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Overwhelmed Ice Facilities Forced To Release 100,00 Illegal Aliens In Past Three Months

By Jason Hopkins - ICE detainment centers have become so overwhelmed with illegal aliens that the agency has been forced to release over 100,000 migrant family members in the past three months. While speaking to reporters on Thursday, Nathalie Asher, a senior official with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, revealed that her agency has had to reallocate resources as it deals with a “crushing” surge of illegal aliens on the country’s southern border. ICE has not only been forced to reduce

in Political Conservative News

• Obama-Appointed Judge Blocks Wyoming Oil Lease Sale Over ‘Climate Change’

By Tim Pearce - A federal judge blocked all new oil leases auctions in Wyoming Tuesday after finding that the Department of the Interior “did not sufficiently consider climate change” when proposing the lease sales, The Washington Post reports. Washington D.C. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras ruled that the government violated federal law and did not fully study the environmental impact of oil development on 300,000 acres of federal land. Contreras did not void leases already sold, b

• Are All 10 Virgins Saved? (Matt. 25.1-13)

vv.2-4 Two classes of virgins. Many commentators take the five foolish virgins to be the unsaved, yet there are so many iron-clad evidences to overturn such an interpretation that we will mention only fifteen of them, which serve also as important proofs that these foolish virgins are saved ones:   (1) These five foolish ones are virgins. Even through verse 11, they are still termed virgins. Throughout the parable the Lord never called this matter into question; on the contrary, He continual

in Bible Study

• Bible chapters and verses that I would change

I am not referring to the words of the Bible, but how these words were arranged in chapters and verses. I think many are okay, but there are several places I would change.  For example:    Colossians 4:1  I would prefer to have Colossians chapter 3 continue beyond verse 25. v. 18 "fitting in the Lord" v. 20 "well-pleasing to the Lord" v.  22 "fearing the Lord" v. 23 "work heartily, as for the Lord" v. 24 "it is the Lord Christ, whom you serve"  

in Bible Study

• Cheaper To Buy Every American A Ferrari Than Fund The Green New Deal, Mitch McConnell Says

By Michael Bastasch - For the cost of implementing the Green New Deal, the federal government could buy every American a brand new Ferrari luxury sports car, according to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. “For the comparatively cheap price of just $66 trillion I’m told the government could buy every American a Ferrari,” McConnell said on the Senate floor Wednesday. McConnell is basing this cost comparison against a recent report by the right-leaning American Action Forum (AAF) that