The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Just Mike

Prayer for our daughter

This is Just Mike, our daughter Sherri is 48 and has colon and lymph nodes cancer.  She had surgery back in 2016 when they removed a section of her small intestine which was cancerous, it has returned. She has no income except food stamps for her and a two and one half grandson. She lost her insurance with SAMS Club when she was diagnosed with cancer and could no longer work. Social Security Disability takes 6 months out due to her disability to qualify for SSD, she has four months to go.

Please pray for her health to at least stabilize and for some form of income.

Thank you all for praying for Sherri. 

• Praying 2
  • Love 1

Staff
31 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

This is Just Mike, our daughter Sherri is 48 and has colon and lymph nodes cancer.  She had surgery back in 2016 when they removed a section of her small intestine which was cancerous, it has returned. She has no income except food stamps for her and a two and one half grandson. She lost her insurance with SAMS Club when she was diagnosed with cancer and could no longer work. Social Security Disability takes 6 months out due to her disability to qualify for SSD, she has four months to go.

Done, brother Mike.

Prayed for your daughters health and that the physicians may be granted the wisdom and skill to sustain her health for God's appointed time. Also prayed for her financial welfare in this traumatic experience. Our God is a God of comfort and we look upon Him for life, the joys of life, and all our needs.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

She's in my prayers, brother.

She might want to look into getting a disability lawyer, but she should have too much trouble there.

12 minutes ago, Innerfire89 said:

She might want to look into getting a disability lawyer, but she should have too much trouble there.

She still has a total 6 month waiting period, 4 more months to go. God bless you for your suggestion.

Edited by Just Mike
  • Like 1

Staff

Any chance she can receive funds for caring for her grandson?

On 10/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, Becky said:

Any chance she can receive funds for caring for her grandson?

Her daughter falsely told DFS that she had the son. Which is fraud, and will catch up with her soon.

Staff

Not exactly the same thing but pretty close. I hope Sherri can find the strength to stand up to her daughter. Was almost the hardest thing i ever did. But what a relief. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 12:25 PM, Just Mike said:

Praying indeed . I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a dreaded disorder like cancer . Yes, I will have you and her in my prayers by all means .    M

On 10/4/2018 at 4:01 PM, Just Mike said:

Her daughter falsely told DFS that she had the son. Which is fraud, and will catch up with her soon.

That may not be a good idea . They may give -0- consideration if they found out and not add her to the list . Foolish mistake, but put it in God's hands . Often times He allows things to happen that we do not fully understand . Even if it is allowing this to go through the normal channels .

On 10/3/2018 at 1:14 PM, Just Mike said:

She still has a total 6 month waiting period, 4 more months to go. God bless you for your suggestion.

Social Security  Disability can be difficult too . Even though she has to wait for the time limit to end so she can collect SSD it may not be enough to survive on . One hundred percent is the targeted amount .  Praying too for this . M

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Innerfire89 said:

The problem with one of those is that if they do happen to secure benefits for their clients they want excessive fees that take a huge amount out of the first installment . Best to give it to the Lord in prayer and have faith that He is doing it for you.

• Like 2

I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter, Sherri’s, health condition and her situation. I just can’t imagine going through what she’s experiencing, and I know how painful it must be for you to see her facing these struggles. I just said a prayer for her, asking the Lord to touch her with His healing hands, surround her with His comfort, and provide for all her needs. May you and your family rest in the assurance the psalmist expressed when he wrote: “In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, for You will answer me” (Psalm 86:7). Grace and peace to you.