The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
News Feeder

Timothy Keller Warns Christians Not to Assign the Church a Political Party

Staff

Psa 94:21  They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood. 
Psa 106:34  They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the LORD commanded them: 
Psa 106:35  But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works. 
Psa 106:36  And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them. 
Psa 106:37  Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils, 
Psa 106:38  And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood. 

From the 2016 democrat platform :

Securing Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice Democrats are committed to protecting and advancing reproductive health, rights, and justice. We believe unequivocally, like the majority of Americans, that every woman should have access to quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortion—regardless of where she lives, how much money she makes, or how she is insured. We believe that reproductive health is core to women’s, men’s, and young people’s health and wellbeing. We will continue to stand up to Republican efforts to defund Planned Parenthood health centers, which provide critical health services to millions of people. We will continue to oppose—and seek to overturn—federal and state laws and policies that impede a woman’s access to abortion, including by repealing the Hyde Amendment. We condemn and will combat any acts of violence, harassment, and intimidation of reproductive health providers, patients, and staff. We will defend the ACA, which extends affordable preventive health care to women, including nocost contraception, and prohibits discrimination in health care based on gender.

Rom 1:27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 
Rom 1:28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 
Rom 1:29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 
Rom 1:30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 
Rom 1:31  Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 

Guaranteeing Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rights Democrats applaud last year’s decision by the Supreme Court that recognized that LGBT people—like other Americans—have the right to marry the person they love. But there is still much work to be done. LGBT kids continue to be bullied at school, restaurants can refuse to serve transgender people, and same-sex couples are at risk of being evicted from their homes. That is unacceptable and must change. Democrats will fight for the continued development of sex discrimination law to cover LGBT people. We will also fight for comprehensive federal nondiscrimination protections for all LGBT Americans, to guarantee equal rights in areas such as housing, employment, public accommodations, credit, jury service, education, and federal funding. We will oppose all state efforts to discriminate against LGBT individuals, including legislation that restricts the right to access public spaces. We support a progressive vision of religious freedom that respects pluralism and rejects the misuse of religion to discriminate. We will combat LGBT youth homelessness and improve school climates. We will support LGBT elders, ensure access to necessary health care, and protect LGBT people from violence— including ending the crisis of violence against transgender Americans. We will also promote LGBT human rights and ensure America’s foreign policy is inclusive of LGBT people around the world.

• Like 1

The conservative faction of the Republican Party aligns more with Christian morality and ideals. Nevertheless, US Christians should not covet for a Christianity-based kingdom of earth(= pre-1960 USA), like how the Jews and Pharisees had coveted for the return of their kingdom of earth, ie Judah/Israel, and thus rejected Jesus as the Christ/Messiah.(John.6:15)

JOHN.18: = 36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

• Like 1

Staff
8 minutes ago, discipler77 said:

The conservative faction of the Republican Party aligns more with Christian morality and ideals.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. However, lemme share my thoughts with you. How many Conservatives are environmentalist? And do you think the GOP is subject to exploit by greedy capitalist which couldn't care less about being good stewards with the environment?

I think both sides are exploitable, and I'm thankful for a country and system which promotes rational discourse.

Your thoughts brother disciplier77?

God bless,

William

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, News Feeder said:

Christian author and American Theologian Timothy Keller argued in a New York Times op-ed that Christians cannot and should not assign the church a political party in an effort to combat modern social issues.

View the full article

Any Christian that approves of abortion, late term abortion ,and selling aborted baby parts already has a party selected. We know them as the democrat rats ! Seriously though . I would find it hard to believe that a genuine believer would ever vote for a pack of democrat flee bags . Common sense and the love of God would be enough to vote for the Republican Party .

• Like 1