The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
jeremiah1five

God Created Man/Adam Sin-ful

Greetings.

For my first post in Apologetics (if this is the correct forum) I would like to submit the following.

It may be controversial and may also never been heard of before.

God created man sin-ful.

Let me first establish I use the Authorized Version (KJV) and Strong's for my Hebrew and Greek.

What was the composition of the created man from dirt? Holy? Sinless? Innocent? None of these.

Second, I hold that God is Holy, Righteous, and does not lie. However, we read in Genesis that Adam and the woman sinned in disobeying the command to not eat of the fruit of the restricted Tree of the Knowledge of God and Evil:

Genesis 2:16-17 (KJV)
16  And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The man ate of the fruit from the tree that his wife/woman gave to him.

Man died "in that day" he ate from the tree. As a three-fold being (body-soul-human spirit) created by God, the only person so created trichotomy "in the day" he ate from the tree something died in him. It cannot be his body since he lived about 930 years.

It cannot be his soul for the soul is comprised of intellect/mind, senses, emotions, will and conscience, and these faculties enabled communication with God even after he sinned.

What's left is his human spirit. A spirit he could not pass on in his genes (sperm) since man is not spirit but material, if you will (earthy)

Another fact is that Christ rules the spirit-realm.

Thus, the man sinned and God's prophecy of death was the result. His human spirit died. From this man that was born from our first parents has been born dichotomy (two-fold) of body and soul (no human spirit).

We learn that a Holy God cannot sin and there is no sin (or death) in God. The last Adam proves this. God and Christ are holy and Christ cannot sin. (1 Cor. 15:42)

1 Corinthians 15:42 (KJV)
42  So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Man was sown (created) in corruption, sown (created) in dishonor, and sown (created) in weakness.

Sin comes from sinners. Sin does not come from holy. The last Adam proved this.

Adam sinned because he was created sin-ful, or as Strong defines the word "sin-ful" as "missing the mark."

What is the "mark?"

The glory of God (or the glory that is God).

Adam sinned because he was created a sinner, he is not a sinner because he sinned.

Now the question arises...it is incompatible for a Righteous God to create an un-righteous being. However, God created the animals and they did not disobey God and yet they die/died. God would not pronounce penalty upon an 'innocent' person or being, or animal. Even if man had not disobeyed he would have died eventually because there is only One God, there is none like Him, and He gives His glory to no one.

So, how can a Righteous, Holy God create a sin-ful man?

I believe - as with the high priest entering the Holy of Holies - a lamb was slain before the foundation (creation) of the world:

Revelation 13:8 (KJV)
8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

Staff
1 hour ago, jeremiah1five said:

Now the question arises...it is incompatible for a Righteous God to create an un-righteous being. However, God created the animals and they did not disobey God and yet they die/died. God would not pronounce penalty upon an 'innocent' person or being, or animal. Even if man had not disobeyed he would have died eventually because there is only One God, there is none like Him, and He gives His glory to no one.

G'day jeremiah1five,

Welcome to Christforums! I moved your thread to Apologetics and Theology. Hope you don't mind.

A few questions.

What is the basis for your statements above?

Lets take a couple of your statements that may need addressing. Where does Scripture suggest that all of creation was anything but "good"? You suggest that creation is innocent, and well to understand I'm asking you to define innocent. Before Adam's fall in the creation account what does God mean by good in Genesis 1:31? And is "good" being used in such way to convey righteousness? You stated God would not pronounce penalty upon "innocent" creation, however, read Genesis 3:21 and what does this verse suggest? Either penalty had or had not come to pass on an innocent or guilty party? I'm a little intrigued about the use of innocence here, perhaps you may elaborate as to whether you think innocent is synonymous to Holy? If Adam violated God's commandment my question is whether this event may of been a violation of a clear "standard" (Holiness) by which God pronounces penalty? Why animals rather than only mankind? I muse at the fact that a "serpent" was used in this process which brought about Adam's fall. You used righteousness, if Adam was righteous would he of crushed the head of the serpent? Would God even of revealed His plan of redemption in Genesis 3:15 if they were indeed "frustratable"? This may help clarify Revelation 13:8.

Lastly, another theological implication may be suggesting that "biological" immortality is only true immortality and that "God" is the only One that can be immortal and anyone else sharing immortality would essentially be God. My question is whether or not eternal life is immortality that believers are granted from God?

God bless,

William

57 minutes ago, William said:

G'day jeremiah1five,

Welcome to Christforums! I moved your thread to Apologetics and Theology. Hope you don't mind.

A few questions.

What is the basis for your statements above?

Lets take a couple of your statements that may need addressing. Where does Scripture suggest that all of creation was anything but "good"? You suggest that creation is innocent, and well to understand I'm asking you to define innocent. Before Adam's fall in the creation account what does God mean by good in Genesis 1:31? And is "good" being used in such way to convey righteousness? You stated God would not pronounce penalty upon "innocent" creation, however, read Genesis 3:21 and what does this verse suggest? Either penalty had or had not come to pass on an innocent or guilty party? I'm a little intrigued about the use of innocence here, perhaps you may elaborate as to whether you think innocent is synonymous to Holy? If Adam violated God's commandment my question is whether this event may of been a violation of a clear "standard" by which God would pronounces penalty? Why animals rather than only mankind? I muse at the fact that a "serpent" was used in this process which brought about Adam's fall. You used righteousness, if Adam was righteous would he of crushed the head of the serpent? Would God even of revealed His plan of redemption in Genesis 3:15 if they were indeed "frustratable"? This may help clarify Revelation 13:8.

Lastly, another theological implication may be suggesting that "biological" immortality is only true immortality and that "God" is the only One that can be immortal and anyone else sharing immortality would essentially be God. My question is whether or not eternal life is immortality that believers are granted from God?

God bless,

William

Hello William.

The "innocent" I refer is what many believe Adam was in his creation. I do not hold he was innocent.

The "good" in Genesis where God declared "it/Adam" good does not mean "[morally] good" but "to specification" or "good enough." There is another word for [morally] good and it is not here in Genesis 3. Besides, if it means morally good, how do you think it applies to the animals for God declares that creation "good" as well. Animals are not moral but operate on instinct.

We are hid in Christ. Even in our "by-product" righteousness we are hid in Christ because the ONLY Persons that can stand before a Holy God is a Holy Son and Holy Spirit. Our righteousness imputed to us is found in 2 Cor. 5:21.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV)
21  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Some believe sin is in the act which it is not entirely. Sin is in anything NOT GOD. It appears to me that this imputation is a "nature-swap." God made His Son sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. If Adam's sin is solely in the act as I've known many to hold to this then this destroys the Doctrine of Imputation for we are not made the righteous acts of God. Our nature still needs to be changed. No, no...Adam was not innocent. He was created sin-ful, or "missing the mark."

We began in the Mind of God in Trinity and to Trinity we shall return. All God is doing in TIME is preparing bodies to go with those names in the book of life of the lamb slain... since God cannot reduplicate Himself in Himself it was necessary to create the universe and TIME in this realm in order to bring His Plan for Man to completion.

Edited by jeremiah1five

Staff

At the very least can we say Adam was blameless before the fall? Interestingly Adam was not deceived. Even by the creature which was more crafty than the other beasts of the field. Could we suggest that Adam sinned in numerous ways through the lens of the NT? Especially if there is a positive rather than only a negative aspect in a command?

I apologize for lack of scriptural references as I'm on a mobile device. 

You picked an interesting topic, and I look forward to others engaging. 

God bless,

William 

1 hour ago, William said:

At the very least can we say Adam was blameless before the fall? Interestingly Adam was not deceived. Even by the creature which was more crafty than the other beasts of the field. Could we suggest that Adam sinned in numerous ways through the lens of the NT? Especially if there is a positive rather than only a negative aspect in a command?

I apologize for lack of scriptural references as I'm on a mobile device. 

You picked an interesting topic, and I look forward to others engaging. 

God bless,

William 

Are sinners blameless? That's the same as saying "innocent" and Adam was not innocent. He sinned and sin comes from sinners. Adam was not holy and if not holy like God is holy then he is fallen short of God's glory.

Hanging out with God would give Adam a false sense that he was 'like' or similar to God. Remember, the Tree didn't make Adam sin-ful or evil, he was already sin-ful. He sinned. Sin does not come from holy. The last Adam proves this. Christ was holy, Christ was sin-less. He did no sin. The Tree was to give Adam the knowledge that he was not God and was indeed sin-ful (evil.) That's why he sinned. Sin comes from sinners. The Tree gave Adam the KNOWLEDGE of his condition, it didn't make him sin-ful or a sinner.

Besides, here's what Paul said and it can be applied to Adam:

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Adam: "I had not known sin but by the law: for I had not known disobedience except the law said, thou shalt not eat of it."

There is no difference between the Law of God and the Command of God. The Law of God are His Commands and the Commands of God are law. And there is a "Thou shalt not" in Genesis 2:17.

That's OK, William. I appreciate your replies - mobile or otherwise. Thanks.

9 hours ago, jeremiah1five said:

Adam sinned because he was created a sinner, he is not a sinner because he sinned.

GENESIS.1:27 = 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

No. If Adam was created a sinner, that would mean God the Creator is also a Sinner. See also ROMANS.5:12.

• Like 1

Staff
13 hours ago, discipler77 said:

GENESIS.1:27 = 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

No. If Adam was created a sinner, that would mean God the Creator is also a Sinner. See also ROMANS.5:12.

Welcome to Christforums!

Quick questions about Adam, did he or did he not have a sin nature before the fall? And a related question, when Adam sinned from which was Adam tempted? Was Adam's temptation from an inner sin nature or outward or external temptation? In the end if Adam was righteous would any external temptation result in sin?

God bless,

William

Staff
19 hours ago, jeremiah1five said:

There is no difference between the Law of God and the Command of God. The Law of God are His Commands and the Commands of God are law. And there is a "Thou shalt not" in Genesis 2:17.

Let's say that a law has a positive and negative aspect. Thou shall not murder for example is in the negative and the positive would be a duty or obligation to preserve life. God commanded Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That is the negative. What is the positive? Lemme share a thought. Would God of been pleased if Adam worked in Eden throughout his life tending a garden? What was the difference between Jacob and Esau? Was Esau's desire to hunt all day and provide sustenance for his family only pleasing to God? Could God have more in mind? You mentioned the coming of a "high priest" and I'm asking whether this could be a type and shadow of things to come?

God bless,

William

3 hours ago, discipler77 said:

Hello Discipler77.

If I may...

The image of God is not Adam (earthy). The image of God is Christ (spiritual). There is no better image of a Father than a Son.

I believe God looked forward to the New man in Christ, not the earthy Adam. When a two-fold being is born again God creates a new human spirit for the believer (Eph. 4:24; 2 Cor. 5:17) and the person is restored to a trichotomy - (image of a Triune God - body, soul, human spirit. A human spirit allows us to process spiritual phenomenon and allows communication with God in His realm as God is Spirit.

Romans 5:12 (KJV)
12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

By one man sin did enter into the world. It occurred in man's creation - and since God cannot reduplicate, copy, share His glory with no one it would mean a jump to add one's understanding into the verse where there is no indication in the verse that it says it was an act. It merely says "as BY one man sin entered the world."

Sin comes from sinner. Sin does not come from holy. The last Adam proved this.

2 hours ago, jeremiah1five said:

If I may...

GENESIS.5: =  1 This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created. 3 And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.

GENESIS.6: = 1  Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, ...

3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” ...

5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

Adam was created in the likeness of God, ie was made/created sinless. After Adam & Eve sinned at the prodding of Satan(= who was disguised as a talking serpent/snake), fallen Adam begot sons and descendants in his own likeness, ie born sinful or as sinners. For Adam's Original Sin, Adam and his descendants were cursed by God with spiritual death or being sent to hell when they die - GENESIS.3:3 & 19.

....... Then, Adam's descendants were cursed by God for their sins/wickedness/evil-deeds, eg lifespan limited to 120 years, the Great Flood of Noah, DEUT.28:15, etc.

Fallen Adam and his descendants need the Law to avoid being cursed by God for sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking; and need Jesus Christ to save them from hell when they die.

6 hours ago, theophilus said:

The account of the six days of creation ends with this statement, "God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good."  How could this be true if Adam was already a sinner?

The word "good" does not mean morally good, but "to specification," or "good enough."

God cannot reduplicate Himself in Himself. Anything God may create will be fallen short of His glory.

There is only ONE God, and there is none like Him, and He gives His glory (sinless-ness, holiness, etc.) to no one.

There is only ONE God.

Only TWO Persons can stand before a Holy God and that is a Holy Son and a Holy Spirit.

Adam sinned because he was created fallen short of God's glory. The last Adam proves this. Christ is Holy, Christ is sinless - He did no sin. Adam was created from dirt. Dirt does not possess Deific Attributes. Adam did not possess Deific Attributes.

7 hours ago, discipler77 said:

GENESIS.5: =  1 This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created. 3 And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.

GENESIS.6: = 1  Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, ...

3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” ...

5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

Adam was created in the likeness of God, ie was made/created sinless. After Adam & Eve sinned at the prodding of Satan(= who was disguised as a talking serpent/snake), fallen Adam begot sons and descendants in his own likeness, ie born sinful or as sinners. For Adam's Original Sin, Adam and his descendants were cursed by God with spiritual death or being sent to hell when they die - GENESIS.3:3 & 19.

....... Then, Adam's descendants were cursed by God for their sins/wickedness/evil-deeds, eg lifespan limited to 120 years, the Great Flood of Noah, DEUT.28:15, etc.

Fallen Adam and his descendants need the Law to avoid being cursed by God for sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking; and need Jesus Christ to save them from hell when they die.

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Adam: "I had not known sin but by the Law: for I had not known disobedience except the Law said "Thou shalt not eat of it."

Genesis 2:17 (KJV)
17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The existence of Law of "thou shalt not" (Gen. 2:17) proves Adam was a sinner before he disobeyed. This is why he sinned and Christ did not. Adam possessed NO DEIFIC ATTRIBUTES which means he was less and fallen short of God's glory.

Revelation 13:8 (KJV)
8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Before God created a un-righteous man (and woman) a lamb was slain. Same principle and process which allowed a  sin-ful high priest to enter the Holy of Holies.

13 hours ago, William said:

Let's say that a law has a positive and negative aspect. Thou shall not murder for example is in the negative and the positive would be a duty or obligation to preserve life. God commanded Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That is the negative. What is the positive? Lemme share a thought. Would God of been pleased if Adam worked in Eden throughout his life tending a garden? What was the difference between Jacob and Esau? Was Esau's desire to hunt all day and provide sustenance for his family only pleasing to God? Could God have more mind? You mentioned the coming of a "high priest" and I'm asking whether this could be a type and shadow of things to come?

God bless,

William

The Law is shadow of the type Holy Spirit. It is HE God promised to put in our inward parts Jer. 31:33.

Now believers do not have to obey words on stone. The Holy Spirit within us 'speaks' to our conscience when we do wrong.

He does all that from within.

William, I am not well right now. I'll try to reply but I am not well. In great pain as I await approval for an epidural from my insurance.

Please, keep me in prayer. Stand in the gap. jeremiah1five is a very lonely call and ministry. What happen to Jeremiah in Scripture....well, we have similarities. No one would choose to have the call God has given me.

I'm sorry.

• Praying 1

Staff

The Holy Spirit within us 'speaks' to our conscience when we do wrong.

Only our own conscience? Wasn't Noah a preacher of righteousness? Genesis 6:8; 2 Peter 3:5.

Please add this to what I posted. Note, I am not suggesting that Noah, Jacob, etc merited God's grace. I am merely suggesting that the command to not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil has a positive aspect. A command or law that if exists was not fulfilled by Adam even in the Covenant relationship between Adam and Eve as the Spiritual head. 

I am not seeing evidence of Adam being regenerated and the fruit of the Holy Spirit outwardly preaching the word of God at this point. Though a blood line through a nation of priests will later follow and a great commission tasked to the anti-type(s).

God bless,

William

• Like 1

I don't think Adams capability to sin made him a sinner at his creation. That would be like saying everyone who is capable of robbing a bank is a bank robber, or that a bank robber barons was a bank robber before he robbed a bank.  

Adam and eves choice changed thier nature, I guess we could call thier nature neutral. Eve didn't eat the fruit until she was tempted, so she didn't have a natural inclination to sin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, William said:

Only our own conscience? Wasn't Noah a preacher of righteousness? Genesis 6:8; 2 Peter 3:5.

Please add this to what I posted. Note, I am not suggesting that Noah, Jacob, etc merited God's grace. I am merely suggesting that the command to not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil has a positive aspect. A command or law that if exists was not fulfilled by Adam even in the Covenant relationship between Adam and Eve as the Spiritual head. 

I am not seeing evidence of Adam being regenerated and the fruit of the Holy Spirit outwardly preaching the word of God at this point. Though a blood line through a nation of priests will later follow and a great commission tasked to the anti-type(s).

God bless,

William

No one I the OT was regenerated, they were kept:

Galatians 3:23 (KJV)
23  But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

The Holy Spirit is faith personified. We are saved by the faith of Jesus Christ - not our own. Dead men have no faith - at least, a faith God will honor - except His Son's.

41 minutes ago, Innerfire89 said:

I don't think Adams capability to sin made him a sinner at his creation. That would be like saying everyone who is capable of robbing a bank is a bank robber, or that a bank robber barons was a bank robber before he robbed a bank.  

Adam and eves choice changed thier nature, I guess we could call thier nature neutral. Eve didn't eat the fruit until she was tempted, so she didn't have a natural inclination to sin.

Neutral? How does that "neutral' stand before a Holy God? Only God is sin-less, Only God is Righteous, only God is Holy.

There was no metamorphosis, there was no change. They remained in the condition God created them and they possessed no Deific Attributes. They were not eternal. They were not holy. They were created from dirt and sin-ful, or "missing the mark."

What is that "mark?"

The glory of God. God cannot reduplicate Himself in Himself. and it was prophets, kings, and priests who were overshadowed by the Holy Spirit the same as Mary. Overshadowed.

Now, consider this...IF Adam possessed a Deific Attribute - say, holy. Then he would have by necessity possess ALL Deific Attributes of God or before a holy God he will fall short. There is only ONE God, there is none like Him (Adam) and He gives His glory to no one.

Adam was not neutral. God created him sin-ful. That's the ONLY way any being will be created - fallen short of God's glory.

Neutral? How does that "neutral' stand before a Holy God? Only God is sin-less, Only God is Righteous, only God is Holy.

There was no metamorphosis, there was no change. They remained in the condition God created them and they possessed no Deific Attributes. They were not eternal. They were not holy. They were created from dirt and sin-ful, or "missing the mark."

What is that "mark?"

The glory of God. God cannot reduplicate Himself in Himself. and it was prophets, kings, and priests who were overshadowed by the Holy Spirit the same as Mary. Overshadowed.

Now, consider this...IF Adam possessed a Deific Attribute - say, holy. Then he would have by necessity possess ALL Deific Attributes of God or before a holy God he will fall short. There is only ONE God, there is none like Him (Adam) and He gives His glory to no one.

Adam was not neutral. God created him sin-ful. That's the ONLY way any being will be created - fallen short of God's glory.

Something changed in Adam and Eve, either thier nature changed or  they became aware of their sins only after the ate the fruit and were ashamed of thier nakedness, either way something changed.

If Adam being sinless would therefore mean he was equal with God then we have quite a dilemma, that means we still sin in heaven or we become gods at the resurrection/ rapture. 

Staff
7 hours ago, jeremiah1five said:

The Law is shadow of the type Holy Spirit. It is HE God promised to put in our inward parts Jer. 31:33. 

When you are well and/or feeling better can you elaborate more on this? I am not seeing the connection between the Law (type and shadow) and the Holy Spirit (anti-type)

God bless,

William

7 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

Something changed in Adam and Eve, either thier nature changed or  they became aware of their sins only after the ate the fruit and were ashamed of thier nakedness, either way something changed. 

If Adam being sinless would therefore mean he was equal with God then we have quite a dilemma, that means we still sin in heaven or we become gods at the resurrection/ rapture. 

If I may...

Their nature didn't change. They were as they were created. Like me. Like you. Created sin-ful and passed those genes to their kids and on and on.

No. If Adam was sin-less then God reduplicated or gave His glory to another and that in this realm is quite impossible according to Scripture. There is only ONE God. If Adam possessed sin-less-ness then Adam would by necessity MUST possess ALL Deific Attributes of God (eternal, all-powerful, all-wisdom, omniscient, eternal, etc) of he would fall short of God's glory because only TWO other Persons can stand before a Holy God: A Holy Son and a Holy Spirit.

But he didn't and wasn't. There is Only ONE God.

Edited by jeremiah1five

5 hours ago, William said:

When you are well and/or feeling better can you elaborate more on this? I am not seeing the connection between the Law (type and shadow) and the Holy Spirit (anti-type)

God bless,

William

The Law is all negative. There is no positive in every Command unless so stated.

In Scripture we see the type and shadow of the candlestick, the shewbread, the altar, etc. (Light of the world, Bread of life, etc.)

But What is the type and shadow of the Law God said He would put in our inward parts?

Jeremiah 31:33 (KJV)
33  But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The Law was written in stone. Will God put rocks in our inward parts? We He put inanimate words in our inward parts? Will He carve His Law in our inward parts?

No. He will put the Holy Spirit in our inward parts. (Jn. 14 & 16.) Thus, the shadow is the Law in stone. The type or substance is the Holy Spirit that corresponds to the Law of "thou shalt not." The Holy Spirit in a Covenant believer post-cross dwells within us as Promised and instead of words on stone we hear the voice of God in our inward parts when we do wrong and when we do right. THAT is how He guides us: The Word without (except as living epistles and the Word engrafted) and the Holy Spirit.

16 hours ago, jeremiah1five said:

The word "good" does not mean morally good, but "to specification," or "good enough."

This might be the dictionary definition but is it what the Bible means by the word?

50 minutes ago, theophilus said:

This might be the dictionary definition but is it what the Bible means by the word?

No. Strong's Greek.

I don't use secular books to define Greek words (and Hebrew.)

Here, "good" means "to specification" or "good enough."

God created, it was exactly how He wanted it, and He compliments Himself for His creation.

NOTHING in the universe - man included - possesses ANY Deific Attributes of God.

NOTHING.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:53 AM, theophilus said:

The account of the six days of creation ends with this statement, "God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good."  How could this be true if Adam was already a sinner?

I assume the you are implying that no evil existed at the time that God stated "it was very good".  This may not be the case.  Consider:

Since we derive our very concept and definition of goodness from God, to accuse him of evil would be to say that good is evil, which is a contradiction. Therefore, men cannot say, "Because God is good (according to our false standard of goodness), he must not and would not do this or that."  Instead, we must say, "Because God is good (according to his own standard of good, which is the only true standard of good), if He does this or that, then it must be good." Thus if God has decreed and caused evil, then while evil is evil, it must be good that he has decreed and caused evil.

R.C. Sproul stated: "it must be good that evil exists, because God sovereignly, providentially ordains only what is good. In terms of His eternal purpose, God has esteemed it good that evil should be allowed to happen in this world."

R.C. Sproul paraphrase: "Evil is evil; and good is good; and evil is never good; yet it is good the evil exists, otherwise God would not have allowed it."