The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

A priest of Christ is a worshiper of Christ (Revelation 20:6)

Revelation 20:6 

Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years. (NASB, the underlined is mine) 
     a. A priest of God would offer worship to God (Genesis 14:18-20; Leviticus 1:9). 
     b. A priest of Dagon would offer worship to Dagon (1 Samuel 5:5).
     c. A priest of Baal would offer worship to Baal (2 Kings 10:19).
     d. A priest of Chemosh would offer worship to Chemosh (Jeremiah 48:7). 
     e. A priest of Zeus would offer worship to Zeus (Acts 14:13). 
     f. A priest of Christ would offer worship to Christ (Revelation 20:6).[*1]

Psalm 99:5-6

(5) Exalt the LORD our God
And worship at His footstool;
Holy is He.

(6) Moses and Aaron were among His priests,
And Samuel was among those who called on His name;
They called upon the LORD and He answered them. (NASB, the underlined is mine)

Moses and Aaron were priests (Samuel functioned as one) who called upon the Lord (99:6) in worship (99:5; cf. v.3, v. 9).[*2] Christians are priests and as such they too call upon the Lord in reference to Jesus in worship.

https://www.christforums.com/forums/topic/8806-calling-on-the-name-of-the-lord-praying-to-jesus/

[*1] According to Revelation 20:6 that Christ has priests demonstrates that He is worshiped as God.

1. G. K. Beale: In 1:6 and 5:10 saints have been said only to be "priests to God," but now it is said that they will be "priests of God and of Christ." This suggests that Christ is on a par with God, which is underscored elsewhere in the Apocalypse (e.g., 5:13-14; 7:9-17) (The Book of Revelation, page 1003). 

2. William Henry Simcox: τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ τοῦ Χριστοῦ. The strongest proof, perhaps, in the Book of the doctrine of Christ’s coequal Deity. If we read these words in the light of St John’s Gospel, or of the Nicene Creed, they suggest no difficulty; but without the doctrine there taught, they make salvation to consist in the deadly sin which the Moslems call “association”—the worshipping the creature by the side of the Creator (The Revelation of St. John the Divine, Cambridge Greek Testament for Schools and Colleges).
http://www.studylight.org/commentaries/cgt/revelation-20.html

[*2]  Albert Barnes (Psalm 99:6): They did call upon the Lord; they worshipped Yahweh. 

https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/bnb/psalms-99.html