The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
News Feeder

5 Evangelical Reactions to the New Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Brett Kavanaugh

As Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh is facing a new round of allegations involving sexual assault, gang rapes and drunken parties, commentators have taken to the internet to voice their thoughts on the newest developments in the quest to confirm the 53-year-old judge.

View the full article

These two women deserve to be heard, however one wonders is this is not a ploy to derail Bret Kavanough's appointment. There should be a time limit for any accusers who feel they have been sexually assaulted by Bret Kavanaugh.

I personally feel D. Ford has mixed her memory with someone else attacking her, if she was attacked at all..  

• Like 1

Staff

The dead line was 10:00 she got an extension, remember this was before Finestine for a good while.   to me she showed what she wanted was to control the committee . Which she does. If the republicians do not quickly vote him to the SCOUS they will loose most all the next elections.

She was heard and the powers she talked to did nothing . Fieinstine, any one, should not be allowed to over ride the rules when there was rules time for this to have been spoke of. .. 

6th amendment 

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

• Like 1

Staff

A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials

One town’s strange journey from paranoia to pardon

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/a-brief-history-of-the-salem-witch-trials-175162489/#Uykt04F6KZYSzVI0.99

13 hours ago, Becky said:

A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials

One town’s strange journey from paranoia to pardon

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/a-brief-history-of-the-salem-witch-trials-175162489/#Uykt04F6KZYSzVI0.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

I find the Smithsonian Mag most usually in the waiting room at doctors office's. I doubt I have looked at four in the last 50 years, I dinn't find them interesting back then. But just maybe I have missed out so next time I see one I will check it out.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Just Mike said:

These two women deserve to be heard, however one wonders is this is not a ploy to derail Bret Kavanough's appointment. There should be a time limit for any accusers who feel they have been sexually assaulted by Bret Kavanaugh.

I personally feel D. Ford has mixed her memory with someone else attacking her, if she was attacked at all..  

This proves the intentions of the radical left in their fear that if Judge Kavanaugh  is appointed to the high court it will place abortion in jeopardy . He would represent a five count majority of enough votes to overturn Roe v . Wade . So the North Korean threat , the threats against Israel , the murdering Muslims , the high crime growing in our major cities , the communist taking over South America , open boarders that threaten innocent citizens and judges ruling from the bench and not form the rule of law means nothing to them . This proves the sick disgusting nature of these people. To do everything in their power to support murdering the unborn still in the womb. If conservatives remain at home come the mid term elections and allow these radical leftist to win major seats then we rightly deserve what we will get.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, News Feeder said:

As Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh is facing a new round of allegations involving sexual assault, gang rapes and drunken parties, commentators have taken to the internet to voice their thoughts on the newest developments in the quest to confirm the 53-year-old judge.

View the full article

If the allegations of misconduct against judge Kavanaugh wasn't uncovered during the FBI investigations for his position on the Appellate Court in any of three investigations , then why do the liberals want one now ? Could it be that the FBI has become so politicalized in favor of the democrats that the leftist are assured of a negative outcome to cast more unproven dirt on him ? If , in any of these investigations nothing was uncovered pertaining to his activities and reputation as a student in high school and college then there is reason to believe that there never was any occasion to deny him a position on the Appellate Court ! 

These spineless Leading Republican  Representatives are cowering to the democrats in their districts  instead of expressing their approval of Judge Kavanaugh who is guilty of no wrong doing to the SCOTUS ! 

• Like 1

Staff
1 hour ago, Matthew Duvall said:

If the allegations of misconduct against judge Kavanaugh wasn't uncovered during the FBI investigations for his position on the Appellate Court in any of three investigations , then why do the liberals want one now ? Could it be that the FBI has become so politicalized in favor of the democrats that the leftist are assured of a negative outcome to cast more unproven dirt on him ? If , in any of these investigations nothing was uncovered pertaining to his activities and reputation as a student in high school and college then there is reason to believe that there never was any occasion to deny him a position on the Appellate Court ! 

These spineless Leading Republican  Representatives are cowering to the democrats in their districts  instead of expressing their approval of Judge Kavanaugh who is guilty of no wrong doing to the SCOTUS ! 

In the case of Hillary Clinton the FBI stated she had no "criminal intent" to warrant investigations for various crimes to prosecute her. Think about that for a moment, and consider that temptation which may be posed on a Conservative in defense.

Don't mistaken what I am saying, if that premise were followed involuntary crimes such as manslaughter should be dismissed, there is no place for "moral relativism" in the Judicial system.

If the judge were drunk and without intent of criminal assault then why should the FBI go forward? Why is the FBI's basis for investigation only pertinent to Hillary and not Kavanaugh?

• Best Answer 1

Staff

Liberals dont think they simply react as programmed .

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 8:38 PM, Just Mike said:

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, William said:

In the case of Hillary Clinton the FBI stated she had no "criminal intent" to warrant investigations for various crimes to prosecute her. Think about that for a moment, and consider that temptation which may be posed on a Conservative in defense.

Don't mistaken what I am saying, if that premise were followed involuntary crimes such as manslaughter should be dismissed, there is no place for "moral relativism" in the Judicial system.

If the judge were drunk and without intent of criminal assault then why should the FBI go forward? Why is the FBI's basis for investigation only pertinent to Hillary and not Kavanaugh?

The Republicans are "losing it " . Every abled bodied Republican knows that Hillary Clinton is a conniving crook that has evaded every potential so called , " investigation " into her leftist tactics . That is why we have one last opportunity to take the lead and keep it from the liberal leftist . And that will be in the mid terms !

I have to believe that the investigation into Judge Kavanaugh's background when bidding for a slot on the Appellate Court was standard operational procedure by the FBI . And assuming that to be true, reason tells me that his behavior as a student in high school and college would have been included. If the FBI couldn't uncover anything negative in his background then , what's to make us believe they will find anything worth investigating now ! He is just a victim of liberalism that has been allowed to run relentlessly   without any rules of law ! And the "Do nothing " Republicans are doing nothing in his favor to promote a well needed conservative vote on the court .

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 8:38 PM, Just Mike said:

I could not imagine someone coming forward and accusing me of a crime 36 years ago. I am 70 years old. I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast this morning. How could I defend myself against such an accusation?

• Like 1

Staff

Deu_19:15  One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established. 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, William said:

Let's not forget the " investigation " by James Comey . If I recall he made the decision that the investigation of Hillary Clinton revealed no reason to enter into any charges against her . He made this statement before there ever was any investigation of Hillary Clinton . And not after a so called "investigation " ever took place. Which it never did !