The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
issachiteministers

MARRIAGE IS NOBLE AND HONOURABLE

MARRIAGE IS NOBLE AND HONOURABLE
“Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled, but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge” (Heb 13:4)
Short Information on Marriage Process
Every child is born into a community of people, and into human society through divine initiative.

In marriage therefore, it is only right and lawful that it should follow the same process and sequence. There has to be asking for consent, introducing to the immediate family the marriage intention and betrothal which is the beginning of public awareness of the whole marriage idea.

After declaring the marriage intention open by the act of betrothal, the marriage journey has to be followed in this order:

NATIVE LAWS AND CUSTOMS

The native laws and customs must be performed according to the community of the bride. Note, this however must not contradict the word of God. This follows that we should not provoke God to anger by what we do in marriage which He instituted.

MARRIAGE REGISTRY

The marriage must be registered according to the laws of human society where such marriage is to be consummated.

CHRISTIAN WEDDING

Christian wedding is marriage according to the scriptures. It is the joining of a matured man and woman in holy matrimony in the presence of God and His people.

This is so important because God is the originator of marriage in the Garden of Eden. Gen.1:26-28.

WRONG IDEAS AND PROPER CONDUCTS CONCERNING MARRIAGE JOURNEY

Marriage is a good thing and should be held in honour Heb 13:4.

Wedding is nice too because that is the only genuine foundation upon which any Godly family can be established. But when a bride becomes pregnant before the wedding, the marriage has been dishonored and defiled. Then it is no longer joining in holy matrimony but is now called “Blessing of Marriage” because the couple has already joined themselves by themselves. Honor is not taken, honor can only be given because “no man taketh honor to himself” if honor is taken, it will no longer be honor but disgrace and mockery. Although this has become a common trend these days, even at this trend, it is still not justified nor acceptable before God. You must be a wife before you become a mother. Many Pastors and Churches do not condemn it and stand up against it, should not make it appear that God have accepted and approved it. Jesus Christ corrected this type of mistake allowed by Moses. Mk. 10:4-6.

Let it be clear to all intending couples who desire to know:

Introduction is not weeding.

Dating and courtship are not even Christian practice.

Asking of hand in marriage; “will you marry me” is not wedding.

Being a family friend “everyone knows me in their family” does not mean the same as in-law.

Fiancé/Fiancée does not mean the same as Husband and Wife. In fact it is not even scriptural.

You do not own her body yet and therefore have no right whatsoever to demand for it. Proper marriage is the only genuine license to romance, kiss and sex. Make the marriage bed (wedding) before you make babies. Stop proposing to a man through sex and pregnancy because that is a very sinful way to start a family. It is wrong and worst approach for that matter.

I have heard people say “I want to know if he/she is good in bed or if she will be able to get pregnant” you are not in a production factory where the producer have to test the efficacy of the products. You are wonderfully and fearfully made. In other words, you are perfectly made by God.

God your maker has already confirmed you and saw that “you are good” there is no need to be tested by him / her.

You are a perfect product which comes with a price. I hope you understand? Some items come with nice packaging and until their prices are paid, you can’t open to see what is in them. Are you not worth much more than any earthly product?

Anyone who pressurizes you for sex because your wedding is days away, will ruin your testimony and possibly truncate your destiny.

I want you to know that God has a very good standard 2 Tim. 2:19.

Every instruction given in the holy scriptures are all for our good. Rom. 15:4

Flee fornication. 1Corinthians 6:18.

You are the temple of God. 1Corinthians 6:19

Beware of fakes. Philips 3:2

God cannot contradict himself.

Those who know their God shall be strong and do exploits Dan. 11:32

On the other hand those who do not know their God shall be weak and be exploited.

Be very careful “everybody is doing it” is the anthem of hell children. Mtt. 7:13

Remember, it is not everybody that is heading for hell. Mtt. 7:14.

CONCLUSION

In conclusion, the journey which started from God because God created both man and woman continues to the community where they were born and the human society of their upbringing. It is society which is the custodian of the law regulating the human brotherhood. Finally, it ends at the feet of the one who says “be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it” Gen. 1:28. At this point the couple comes before Him at His altar to tell Him how ready they are to embark on this divine mandate.

Right there in His presence and the presence of His people they stand to make acceptance speech which is called “Marriage Vow”.

God bless you and have a wonderful marriage Journey.

EDITED BY STAFF