The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Anne Graham Lotz Learns Her Cancer is Contained, Gives Glory to God

Last month on August 17, Evangelist Anne Graham Lotz revealed on her blog that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer and asked people to pray for. A month later, on September 18, Lotz had surgery to learn more about the severity of her condition.

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Do unto God and God does unto you

1. If you honor God, He will honor you (1 Samuel 2:30). 2. If you are with the Lord, He is with you (2 Chronicles 15:2). 3. If you forsake Him, then He will forsake you (2 Chronicles 12:5; 15:2). 4. If you love wisdom, then wisdom will love you (Proverbs 8:17). 5. If you return to the Lord, He will return to you (Zechariah 1:3; Malachi 3:7). 6. If you confess or deny Christ, He will confess or deny you (Matthew 10:32-33; cf. Luke 12:8; 2 Timothy 2:12). 7. If you lov

in General Faith

• Dementia and Religion: ‘What If I Forget about God?’

When geropsychologist Benjamin Mast evaluates dementia clients at his University of Louisville research lab, there’s a question some people of faith ask him: “What if I forget about God?” View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• How to Spend the Day With God

adapted and updated from RICHARD BAXTER (1615-1691) by Matthew Vogan   A holy life is inclined to be made easier when we know the usual sequence and method of our duties - with everything falling into its proper place. Therefore, I shall give some brief directions for spending the day in a holy manner.   Sleep   Measure the time of your sleep appropriately so that you do not waste your precious morning hours sluggishly in your bed. Let the time of your sleep be matched to your

in General Faith

• Thank God Without Ceasing

John Hendryx     We affirm with the Bible that whosoever believes in Jesus Christ (without exception) will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). That has never been at issue. Problem is, no one is naturally willing to submit to the humbling terms of the gospel, apart from regenerating grace (Deut 29:4, 30:6; Ezek 36:26; John 1:13; 5:21, 6:63-65, Rom 8:7, 1 Cor 2:14). Indeed, God commands all people everywhere to repent and believe (Acts 17:30), so it is man's responsibility, but

in Bible Study

• God Feeling Pretty Confident In His NCAA Bracket This Year

HEAVEN—A report from the throne room of the Most High God confirmed Tuesday that the Lord is feeling "pretty confident" in his completed NCAA bracket this year. The post God Feeling Pretty Confident In His NCAA Bracket This Year appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire