The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

Texas Board of Education Cuts Hillary Clinton and Helen Keller from History Curriculum

On 9/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, News Feeder said:

The Texas State Board of Education voted last week to remove several historical figures from their history requirements as part of an effort to streamline the curriculum.

View the full article

Wow--so they decided to trimline the curriculum by eliminating information on two whole women, in order to give their students less to have to remember?  And, wouldn't you know it--one of them was 'the queen of scheme' herself, Hillary Clinton--amazing.  Yeah, we wouldn't want the students to have to burn out some brain cells while attempting to study all the ways that particular woman tried to squirm her way into the highest office in the land, now would we? 

And, of course, we wouldn't also want those same students to begin looking into the background, and rather strange beliefs, surrounding the other woman--Helen Keller--since, if any of them did decide to dig further, they might find out what was actually going on, or, rather, as to what's been said, concerning why she might have chosen the symbolism she did when it came to signing the word, "Love", with your hand--so, no, we don't want students finding any sort of information on those two all by themselves, now would we?!

I hope, when they go to take the vote on eliminating those two women from the curriculum, they have a change of heart, and do the children some justice, and vote to retain that information.  I can see, however, just how sinisterly the globalist agenda is being slipping in to nearly everything--sort of like it's slipping in a 'date rape' drug for the public-at-large--they need the 'take-over' of not just our country, but the world as a whole, with as little resistance from us as possible, mainly because we outnumber them--however, their agenda is so nefarious that they need to hide it from us, since they realize we'd NEVER go for it if info on it were made completely public--what cowards! 

I believe, [due to ridiculous things like attempting to erase all mention of Almighty God so that students never hear about Him through anything they might learn in school], if anyone is trying to usher in the events found in the books of Daniel and Revelation, it's the globalists---I'm not sure if the reasoning behind that is one of wanting to commit suicide on their part[in order to get it all over with sooner rather than later] or masochism[they must really love self-induced pain]--however, either way, wanting to face off with the Lord at Armageddon, no matter how strong an army they might have, is going to fill their lives with more pain than they could ever imagine--plus, they end up losing everything in the end, including their very eternal lives, anyway--it's a fool's errand!  .  

"Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.  He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people...Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.  Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God."[Psalm 50:3,4;22,23 KJV]

Amen!

[and, I pray those wicked among us who are following the wrong path, will do as the LORD said in verses 22,23, before it's too late.][amen]

Edited by Christine

Staff

I'm reminded of the classic movie "The Ten Commandments". Pharaoh would say, "so let it be written so let it be done". If I am correct, if you were erased from history by Egyptians it was as though you didn't exists at all. There was no greater dishonor, but to be put into the history records would be an honorable act.

I disagree with Texas on this issue. Believe it or not, despite aligning with them as a Conservative. I'm not suggesting that historians be kind or not towards Hillary, but I'd like our children to be educated about her, her political party, her ideology, what surrounded her during her office etc. We can't learn from the past if we don't know it!

God bless,

William

• Best Answer 1
  • Love 1