Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
tahaadi

Muslim living in USA

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone.

i am 28.

my name is Taha, I am originally from Pakistan, I was raised in moderate salafi Muslim family.

i am living in us for 5 years now.

in Pakistan, you are exposed to only 1 religion, Islam.

but after coming in us, I was exposed to every ****ing religion, including satanism.

i have tried everything including Islam, Christianity, judaism, atheism, Buddhism, Hinduism.

so now you guys tell me, why I should convert to Christianity ?

i really like Protestant Christianity, it is very clean and very close to salafism also.

1 god, 3 persons.

oneness of god.

and off course character of Jesus Christ is 100000x better than Islamic characters.

 

islamic history is full of wars and violence.

 

so my question is that, why not Judaism,

why I shouldn’t convert to Judaism instead of christianity ?

 

judaism is also monotheistic.

 

Edited by tahaadi
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Taha,

 

I have spent quite some time on another forum trying to share the Gospel with Muslims. They are often excellent people who are thirsty to know God!

 

One of the key questions is "Who is Jesus" and on this one the recent film "The Case for Christ", and even moreso, the book may be helpful to you.

 

 

It would be nice to talk through your questions and ideas with you.

 

God bless!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
17 minutes ago, Red Sky at Morning said:

Hi Taha,

 

I have spent quite some time on another forum trying to share the Gospel with Muslims. They are often excellent people who are thirsty to know God!

 

One of the key questions is "Who is Jesus" and on this one the recent film "The Case for Christ", and even moreso, the book may be helpful to you.

 

 

It would be nice to talk through your questions and ideas with you.

 

God bless!

 

I am a big movie critic in my house :classic_laugh:. Lemme just say that I am usually overly critical about movies in the Christian genre. The case for Christ which was based on the life of Lee Strobel was a very pleasant surprise. I definitely recommend this movie also.

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
3 hours ago, tahaadi said:

judaism is also monotheistic.

Welcome to CF!

 

Quick question, are either Islam or Judaism Trinitarian?

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

Welcome.

 

What is there really to back up any of the writings of other religions? Not much, take budisim for example, it's all personal revelation that's just supposed to be belived, even though reality is not really real, so whatever information they offer is an illusion.

 

Yet the Christian Bible is backed by it's fulfilled prophecies, historic facts, scientific facts, the Bible bible is a book of facts.

 

Out of all other religions, Christianity only has a creator who is personal and it's not about human ahviement, there's no earning your way in Christianity, God is perfectly Holy, there's no way we can possibly work off our sins by God deeds.

 

To answer the question why you should become a Christian.

Because Christ is the only way to be cleansed of your sins and to enter Heaven.

  • Like 3
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tahaadi 

 

I found the following information about Deuteronomy 6:4 interesting...

 

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one* (*echad).

In Hebrew, the word “yachid” indicates numeric oneness, while “echad” indicates compound unity. In the Bible, yachid is never used to describe God. However, in Deuteronomy 6:4, echad is the word used instead. In addition, plural pronouns such as “let US make man in OUR image” are also used in reference to God. If God is triune, these are the words we would expect. As further confirmation, in the Greek (a much more complex language than Hebrew), Jesus quotes the Deuteronomy Scripture in Mark 12:29 and uses the Greek word “hen”, which describes a “unified oneness”, rather than using the word “monos” which means numeric oneness. These examples are simplified for the sake of this discussion, but we can see that Jesus Himself describes God as triune; being one in substance only, but not in person.

https://www.calvaryccm.com/devotions/12-09-2015/are-you-echad-or-yachid

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, William said:

Welcome to CF!

 

Quick question, are either Islam or Judaism Trinitarian?

 

God bless,

William

Hello William.

No. you are correct.

islam and Judaism aren’t Trinitarian.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 2:08 AM, Innerfire89 said:

Welcome.

 

What is there really to back up any of the writings of other religions? Not much, take budisim for example, it's all personal revelation that's just supposed to be belived, even though reality is not really real, so whatever information they offer is an illusion.

 

Yet the Christian Bible is backed by it's fulfilled prophecies, historic facts, scientific facts, the Bible bible is a book of facts.

 

Out of all other religions, Christianity only has a creator who is personal and it's not about human ahviement, there's no earning your way in Christianity, God is perfectly Holy, there's no way we can possibly work off our sins by God deeds.

 

To answer the question why you should become a Christian.

Because Christ is the only way to be cleansed of your sins and to enter Heaven.

Thank you for your response.

so tell me, if I am right.

You are saying, in Christianity we don’t work for perfection, no perfectionism?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 5:11 PM, Red Sky at Morning said:

@tahaadi 

 

I found the following information about Deuteronomy 6:4 interesting...

 

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one* (*echad).

In Hebrew, the word “yachid” indicates numeric oneness, while “echad” indicates compound unity. In the Bible, yachid is never used to describe God. However, in Deuteronomy 6:4, echad is the word used instead. In addition, plural pronouns such as “let US make man in OUR image” are also used in reference to God. If God is triune, these are the words we would expect. As further confirmation, in the Greek (a much more complex language than Hebrew), Jesus quotes the Deuteronomy Scripture in Mark 12:29 and uses the Greek word “hen”, which describes a “unified oneness”, rather than using the word “monos” which means numeric oneness. These examples are simplified for the sake of this discussion, but we can see that Jesus Himself describes God as triune; being one in substance only, but not in person.

https://www.calvaryccm.com/devotions/12-09-2015/are-you-echad-or-yachid

Thank you for great post.

Well, trinity makes perfect sense, I got no problem with trinity.

so I have a question though, can god come as 4th person?

i mean according to Christian theology, god is 1 but 3, father, son, Holy Spirit.

but can god come into something else.

for example, in Quran there is a passage, where god comes into fire and talk with moses.

so basically god was talking with moses through fire.

so is this possible ?

and if possible, are 3 persons, father, son, Holy Spirit, connected ?

are they connected ?

and if god communicates with me through dreams or some other way, 

which person is communicating ?

Is it father, son, Holy Spirit, or all 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tahaadi said:

Thank you for your response.

so tell me, if I am right.

You are saying, in Christianity we don’t work for perfection, no perfectionism?

 

This little video sketch manages to explain an answer that is clearer than many sermons I have listened to!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tahaadi said:

Thank you for great post.

Well, trinity makes perfect sense, I got no problem with trinity.

so I have a question though, can god come as 4th person?

i mean according to Christian theology, god is 1 but 3, father, son, Holy Spirit.

but can god come into something else.

for example, in Quran there is a passage, where god comes into fire and talk with moses.

so basically god was talking with moses through fire.

so is this possible ?

and if possible, are 3 persons, father, son, Holy Spirit, connected ?

are they connected ?

and if god communicates with me through dreams or some other way, 

which person is communicating ?

Is it father, son, Holy Spirit, or all 3?

It's the middle of the night where I am so the best I can offer is this diagram which seems to set out a Biblical view well. .

 

 

Trinity-560x560.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1 hour ago, tahaadi said:

Thank you for your response.

so tell me, if I am right.

You are saying, in Christianity we don’t work for perfection, no perfectionism?

 

We strive to be perfect, but we don't belive that we can reach perfection in this life, or can even come close. But Christianity isn't about just following tons and tons of rules, it's about God shaping into obedience. And our imperfections help us to see how much we need grace and guidance from God.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1 hour ago, tahaadi said:

How to pray in Christian way ?

how can I experience Holy Spirit ?

prayer methods ?

 

Prayer is simply talking to God in faith and sincerity.

Some use the acronym ACTS to describe of to pray.

A- adoration, or worship.

C- confess. Confessing sin.

T- thanksgiving.

S- supplication. Asking God to care for you.

 

And Jesus gave us a model for how to pray.

Matthew 6:5-6

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

7“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.a
10Your kingdom come,
your will be done,b
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread,c
12and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. 

 

 

The Holy Spirit works in people to show them thier need for the savior, Jesus Christ and guides us in obedience to God and in our spiritual walk. What I would ask you is are you experiencing the Holy Spirit? Do you feel that you in serious trouble with God and need forgiveness?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
4 hours ago, tahaadi said:

Thank you for your response.

so tell me, if I am right.

You are saying, in Christianity we don’t work for perfection, no perfectionism?

Thomas Boston, "The Law drives us to the Gospel that we are justified, then sends us to the Law again to show us our duty now that we are justified." Feel free to inquire about this quote, I'm sure members here would love to chime in or explain it to you if you find it confusing.

 

Lemme bring to your attention, tahaadi, our CF subforum for Perfectionism: https://www.christforums.org/forum/84-perfectionism/

 

Feel free to venture outside this one thread. You are welcome here.

 

I hope you notice one difference that sets the Protestant Christian faith from Catholicism and all other mainstream religions. Salvation is not based on our works but the works of God alone.  We are recipients of this Grace.

 

And to answer your question, no, it is God sanctifying us, and like a potter shaping us or transforming us through the sanctification process in this lifetime we're being made perfect. However, we will never be "sinless perfect" in this particular life while in the flesh. Glorification is when we are completed or made completely Holy. We receive a new heart here when born from above on this earth (regeneration), and we receive new bodies after death (Glorification) which are perfected and equipped for the new heavens and earth. We will be spiritually animated by God rather than soul animated and we will be equipped in body to worship Him for all eternity. To receive immortality is to receive an immortal, imperishable physical body (1 Co 15:34-35). It is a spiritual body (that is, one supernaturally animated by the Holy spirit) rather than a natural body (animated by a human soul). Immortality means being forever in union with God and living in God’s presence with this new body in the new heavens and new earth-- without losing individual identity.

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Innerfire89 said:

Prayer is simply talking to God in faith and sincerity.

Some use the acronym ACTS to describe of to pray.

A- adoration, or worship.

C- confess. Confessing sin.

T- thanksgiving.

S- supplication. Asking God to care for you.

 

And Jesus gave us a model for how to pray.

Matthew 6:5-6

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

7“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.a
10Your kingdom come,
your will be done,b
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread,c
12and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. 

 

 

The Holy Spirit works in people to show them thier need for the savior, Jesus Christ and guides us in obedience to God and in our spiritual walk. What I would ask you is are you experiencing the Holy Spirit? Do you feel that you in serious trouble with God and need forgiveness?

 

Thank you so much for this guidance.

there is definitely a thrist for fulfillment of void.

honestly speaking, I have been in struggle to find faith for long time now.

i was trying different religions.

and being agnostic atheist as well for long time.

and my romanticism with Jesus has never ended.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acts 17 NKJV

 

Addressing the Areopagus

 

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; 23 for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:

 

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

 

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 24 God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

 

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said, “We will hear you again on this matter.”

 

Hunger was created for food, and thirst for  water. You are not far from Jesus, @tahaadi I am praying you find the one you are seeking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, William said:

I hope you notice one difference that sets the Protestant Christian faith from Catholicism and all other mainstream religions. Salvation is not based on our works but the works of God alone.  We are recipients of this Grace.

 

Yes now I know this.

apart from this difference, no reasonable and wise man will ever go towards Catholicism, because of their pagan stuff and lot of other crap.

you will find me somewhere between Protestant CHRISTIAN and agnostic atheist.

I liked Sunni Islam and Judaism as well, but because of Islam’s violence and supremacy  and Jewish supremacy, I reject those two too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...