Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
News Feeder

Collins Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Accuser Ignoring Senate Inquiries: ‘Very Puzzling’

Recommended Posts

By DCNF -

Susan Collins

Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins said she finds it odd that Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Judge Brett Kavanaugh of high school-era sexual assault, will not respond to inquiries from the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Collins Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Accuser Ignoring Senate Inquiries: ‘Very Puzzling’ is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust.

View the original full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not puzzling at all.  If she lies in a vague letter about a 35 year old memory, it is a "mistake" (and the Confirmation has been delayed, which was the goal).  If she testifies to the Senate and lies, it is a crime and she can go to prison.

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

Why do Liberal/Dem women that are so called sexually assaulted seemingly have a few decade delay when reporting a crime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that they are hoping for enough Senate gains in the Blue Wave this November to put an end to all further Trump appointments.

So it appears to be heading for another round of Senate Hearings on this (which will be used to poison the electorate against Republicans in November) or a delay of the Kavanaugh confirmation until after the election.

To me, this smells of "Chicago Politics" [... him who has ears, let him hear].

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

The democrats are bullies.  Anyone remember the book or movie Kitten with a Whip?  There are other ways to bully then throwing a fist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atpollard said:

I believe that they are hoping for enough Senate gains in the Blue Wave this November to put an end to all further Trump appointments.

So it appears to be heading for another round of Senate Hearings on this (which will be used to poison the electorate against Republicans in November) or a delay of the Kavanaugh confirmation until after the election.

To me, this smells of "Chicago Politics" [... him who has ears, let him hear].

What that last bit a shot at Obama? :classic_dry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Knotical said:

What that last bit a shot at Obama? :classic_dry:

Yup.  Chicago has a long history of corrupt politics where things get done through whatever shady deals are necessary to achieve the desired end results ... the original “ends justifies the means”.  As a candidate, Obama won the election by ignoring conventional wisdom for how to elect a democrat and placed his efforts into more strategic targeting of critical districts to win just enough electoral votes.  As president, Obama could get almost no legislation passed, so he accomplished everything he wanted to do through legal loopholes that allowed questionable Executive Orders.  Overseas backroom deals were a hallmark of his foreign policy.  

 

If you approve of the results, Obama was “clever” and if you disapprove of the results, Obama was “sneaky”.  However either way, this handling of the letter to “Stop the Confirmation” feels like an Obama-esque solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, atpollard said:

Yup.  Chicago has a long history of corrupt politics where things get done through whatever shady deals are necessary to achieve the desired end results ... the original “ends justifies the means”.  As a candidate, Obama won the election by ignoring conventional wisdom for how to elect a democrat and placed his efforts into more strategic targeting of critical districts to win just enough electoral votes.  As president, Obama could get almost no legislation passed, so he accomplished everything he wanted to do through legal loopholes that allowed questionable Executive Orders.  Overseas backroom deals were a hallmark of his foreign policy.  

 

If you approve of the results, Obama was “clever” and if you disapprove of the results, Obama was “sneaky”.  However either way, this handling of the letter to “Stop the Confirmation” feels like an Obama-esque solution.

Ah, and you think he has big ears, right?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, William said:

Why do Liberal/Dem women that are so called sexually assaulted seemingly have a few decade delay when reporting a crime?

Because they are reasonably assured that their case will never be heard by a grand jury or any other further actions being taken. If it arises after the fact then it is usually successful in blaming the Republicans . We are at a crossroad in our American history. The fact now is not " If " the Republicans win in November , but " They MUST " win in November !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, Becky said:

The democrats are bullies.  Anyone remember the book or movie Kitten with a Whip?  There are other ways to bully then throwing a fist. 

The democrats are desperate . And we have to expect that they will do anything to stop the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh to the high court. Anything !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, Faber said:

I do wonder what delay is next?

Kavanaugh's accuser had until 10 AM  today to respond.

Nothing happened.

 

They extended it 12 hours extra hours for her to respond.

It's now past 10 PM.

 

Delay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faber said:

Kavanaugh's accuser had until 10 AM  today to respond.

Nothing happened.

 

They extended it 12 hours extra hours for her to respond.

It's now past 10 PM.

 

Delay

This is turning out to be an embarrassment for the federal government , not to mention the Trump administration that has done more to meet the demands of this woman just to satisfy the liberal democrats . She is on a mission to delay any testimony because the mid tern elections are drawing near and the democrats see that as an opportunity to further delay any future Trump appointees to the SCOTUS . The liberals are etching to get Trump out of office so they can install their own version of liberalism by picking any number of ultra liberal candidates to fill  vacancies left by any unsuccessful Trump appointees . They are scared to death that the Roe decision will be revisited and eventually over turned by a conservative justice . Having a conservative justice voted into the high court will destroy any deceptive plans the democrats might have in trying to introduce their liberal agenda into the Supreme Court . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

Some woman with a vague memery is running  congress and it is not Polosi. Kitten with a whip.  Is there a man left in DC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
Quote

Nearly two hours after a deadline set by Chairman Chuck Grassley expired Friday night, the Iowa Republican tweeted that he’d “just granted another extension” for Christine Blasey Ford to agree to terms for telling his panel and a captivated nation about her allegation. He provided no details of the extension, and participants from both sides didn’t immediately return messages requesting clarification.

Coward. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is because many of the Republicans don't want to be viewed as anti-women, so they will go even further out of the way to show that they aren't.

There comes a point when it is even worth it trying to appease these people (as well as the Fake News) because nothing will appease them. Even if they kick you out of office, arrest you, throw you in jail it will never be enough to make them happy. 

 If this were a man making an accusation against Kavanaugh accusing him of stealing money from him 35-36 years ago with no witnesses and not being able to tell where it took place would anyone take his claims seriously?

Think about it.

Throw in giving him multiple chances to appear and even to give his testimony privately and without having to come to D.C. Then he claims that Kavanaugh has to testify first then he will testify.

On and on the stupidity goes.

 

It all comes down to for the first time in many many years the liberals will probably lose control of the Supreme Court. They will not go down without pulling out virtually any and every ludicrous claim they can think of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now we here from Patti Davis claiming she was sexually assaulted but did not report it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-was-sexually-assaulted-heres-why-i-dont-remember-many-of-the-details/2018/09/21/8ce0088c-bdab-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html?utm_term=.3fc9ddbec0e6

 

And yet she isn't complete sure she wasn't spaced out and high on cocaine!

 

How could she write and assert such a claim and yet not be sure she wasn't as high as a kite!

 

 

 

 What really gets my goat is that when sexual assault does occur some/many may doubt the victim because of unsubstantiated, ludicrous and bizarre claims as seen elsewhere. I believe these outlandish claims do more harm in protecting women because of their lies and political agenda.

 Remember this as well? Listen closely from 6:03 to 7:07.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqt9OX-oAtU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

Women have made themselves a special interest group. Instead of Americans . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...