The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Election 2018 Polls: Will There Be a 'Blue Wave'?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Question regarding Predestination and Election

I am having some difficulties understanding predestination and election. Ever since coming to Christ, I have never touched on the subject but now that I know of it, it is making feel less loved by God but also, unfortunately, makes me doubt the love of God. I wrote this down in a note so bear with me if it is jumping all over the place.   It is understood that all humans are under sin and that we all are deserving of God's righteous and just judgment. Without God's grace, we will not b

in General Faith

• Another Big Blue State Rejects A Major Pillar Of Democrats’s Climate Agenda

By Chris White - A Maine lawmaker is pulling his bill imposing a carbon tax on citizens as the state sought be the first to adopt one of the key pillars of the Democratic Party. State Rep. Deane Rykerson, a Democrat from Kittery, Maine, announced Thursday that he is pulling a bill imposing the nation’s first statewide carbon tax. He intends instead on creating a “Carbon Pricing Study Group” that will explore the tax and recommend solutions. State Republicans are cheering the decision. “Th

in Political Conservative News

• Jussie Smollett Claims Small Blue Creature From Outer Space Compelled Him To Fabricate Attack Story

CHICAGO, IL—In his first public statement since being arrested for filing a false police report, Empire actor Jussie Smollett claimed he was persuaded to make up the attack on himself by a small blue creature from outer space. The post Jussie Smollett Claims Small Blue Creature From Outer Space Compelled Him To Fabricate Attack Story appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• How America (and the Church) Can Support Blue-Collar Workers

In 2016, J. D. Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy [read TGC’s review] was hailed for explaining the “Trump voter” to The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times readers on the other side of America’s class chasm. Vance explained his family’s slide into dysfunction, aided in part by dried-up factory jobs. White-collar professionals far from Appalachia devoured the book and testified to their newfound empathy for the working class. Now meet Hillbilly’s wonkish cousin who works for a think tank, The Once

in Christian Current Events

• Here Are The Red House Seats Democrats Are Already Working To Turn Blue In 2020

By Evie Fordham - The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) released its list of 32 House Republicans it will target ahead of the 2020 election Monday after picking up 40 seats in the 2018 midterm elections. Some of the names seem like long shots — like long-serving Ohio Rep. Steve Chabot, who won by more than four points — but others, like Texas Rep. Will Hurd, survived on margins of less than one point, reported Roll Call. “Many of the districts on our list have big suburba

in Political Conservative News