The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Stop Calling God ‘He,’ Some Church of England Bishops Say

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Cross – Calling – Comforter

There are three things of the greatest importance in Christianity: 1) the Cross; 2) the calling of God: 3) the condition which qualifies believers to enter into divine things.   It is easy to see that man as lost in Adam must be set aside if blessing is to come in from God; but it is not so easy to see that all those faculties which makes man great—wisdom, intelligence, prudence, power, etc.—tend to keep him in darkness and ignorance of God. Man, with all that makes him great as well a

in General Faith

• Church Welcome Team Puts Out Fresh Pot Of Hot Brown Water

VALENCIA, CA—Sources at Valley Free Grace Church confirmed Sunday that the welcome team, always on top of things, put out a fresh pot of hot, brown, vaguely coffee-tasting water just as visitors and church members began to arrive for the service. The post Church Welcome Team Puts Out Fresh Pot Of Hot Brown Water appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Jesus refers to the Father as "my God" (John 20:17; Revelation 3:12)

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’” (NASB)  Some who deny the Lord Jesus is God will cite John 20:17[*1] and affirm that the Lord Jesus can not be God because He referred to the Father as "My God." However, Thomas also referred to the Lord Jesus as "my God" in John 20:28 which demonstrates that the Lord Jesus is God. 

in Arianism

• The Philippines and the Roman Catholic Church

A man was nailed to a cross with up to 10 more to follow as barefoot men beat themselves with flails on Good Friday, in a blood-soaked display of religious fervor in the Philippines. Frowned upon by the Church, the ritual crucifixions and self-flagellation in the north of the country are extreme affirmations of faith performed every Easter in Asia’s Catholic outpost. Wilfredo Salvador stared at the sky and appeared to mumble a prayer after the slight 62-year-old with wild grey hair and

in Christian Current Events

• Hi! God is good all the time

New arrival here. I seek community in Christ on-line because my life is a bit of a chaotic mess now. So I hope to make genuine on-line friends and discuss scripture and our precious Lord and his love for us among like minded sisters and brothers.    Very privileged to make your acquaintance.      2~Christ B the Glory,  Avian

in Welcome Mat