The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

The View (talk show)

Every now and then I have the unfortunate experience of being in a room where "The View" is being shown.

It seems when virtually anything is being discussed I say to myself "this represents everything that is wrong with America."

Instead of "The View" I call it "The P U" because it stinks.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1
  • Haha 2

I can only hope it finally disappears from view due to lack of viewership--I think the left funds shows like that one to keep them afloat for their propaganda value--just hoping it becomes far more of an albatross around their neck to the point they have to cut it loose--that will definitely be a red letter day in my book! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Christine said:

I can only hope it finally disappears from view due to lack of viewership--I think the left funds shows like that one to keep them afloat for their propaganda value--just hoping it becomes far more of an albatross around their neck to the point they have to cut it loose--that will definitely be a red letter day in my book! 

Yeah, have to keep the propaganda machines spinning.

Yep--it frosts me, though, to realize they are nothing really but paid mercenaries for the globalist cabal of leftists--they exist only because the left has such deep pockets--right now--I'm hoping the president can succeed in cutting off most of the flow of ill-gotten gains that make up their fortunes, due to human and drug trafficking, and money laundering schemes via charities--it's the charity money laundering that makes me the most upset--using our own generosity against us, [the criminals!]

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, Christine said:

Yep--it frosts me, though, to realize they are nothing really but paid mercenaries for the globalist cabal of leftists--they exist only because the left has such deep pockets--right now--I'm hoping the president can succeed in cutting off most of the flow of ill-gotten gains that make up their fortunes, due to human and drug trafficking, and money laundering schemes via charities--it's the charity money laundering that makes me the most upset--using our own generosity against us, [the criminals!]

The problem is that you can never tell if they are actually legitimate or not . One day they are wrenching the heart for donations ,then you see or hear of the organizers going on expensive and unnecessary trips to Las Vegas .

• Love 1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, Matthew Duvall said:

The problem is that you can never tell if they are actually legitimate or not . One day they are wrenching the heart for donations ,then you see or hear of the organizers going on expensive and unnecessary trips to Las Vegas .

Oh exactly!  That's why I try to remember what's really going on, and how they are skimming money for themselves out of the heartfelt donations from us--so,I stay well alway from falling for their pleas for donations, even if the causes are so piteous they nearly break my heart just thinking about them.😪