The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Christian Singer Blanca Opens Up About Writing New Album Following Her Mother’s Passing

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• The Carnal Christian

Upon encountering the title of this article one’s first thought might seem negative about it, but with all who become “born again” there is a period of growth that involves learning in the Word of God about the “old man,” which is the sin nature first seen in Adam and Eve, then in the entirety of their progeny—mankind (Rom 5:12-19). Upon rebirth the soul becomes “spiritually minded,” due to the imparting of the Spirit of God and the new nature (new man); and the old man continues to become more

in General Faith

• Pakistani Christian Asia Bibi to Spend Easter in Hiding Despite Blasphemy Acquittal

Christian mother of five Asia Bibi, who spent nearly a decade on death row in Pakistan for blasphemy before authorities cleared her of any wrongdoing back in October 2018, will remain at an undisclosed government location this Easter. View the full article

in Political Conservative News

• Be Patient, Young Pastor. Your Best Writing Is Later.

I’m 38, a pastor, and I love to write. But I’ve only written an unpublished dissertation, a small book titled How to Pray for Your Pastor, and a recent book, Strong and Courageous: The Character and Calling of Mature Manhood. I have other book ideas, and I hope to serve the church by someday writing more. But now it’s hard to find time. I have a wife and three young kids, a congregation full of people I love, friends and family members to whom I want to give time and attention. But I’m not disc

in Christian Current Events

• Moved By Sight Of Homeless Man Asking For Food, Local Christian Prays Light Would Turn Green

PHOENIX, AZ—Moved to compassion by the pitiable sight of a homeless man asking for food on the side of the road, local Christian man Paul Coulson prayed the light would turn green so he could quickly drive past without helping the man at all. The post Moved By Sight Of Homeless Man Asking For Food, Local Christian Prays Light Would Turn Green appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Why Aren’t Christian Leaders More Discerning?

by John MacArthur   Pastor/Teacher John MacArthur Jr.I’ve been all over the world, as you know, and have had lots of discussions with lots of Christian leaders and I’ve read lots of things about the church and the history of the church and the theology of the church. I’ve been all over everywhere and I can just tell you this. Right now in this day, and it’s been this way for a long time through this twentieth century, THE biggest problem in the church is its inability and unwillingness to

in General Faith