The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Answer to a fool with their folly!

Staff

I'm getting lazy and even cynical in my "old age". I will answer to a fool with their folly. I simply agree now-a-days. The Left will simply implode if they receive everything they want. For example, do Jews demand that the Egyptian Pyramids or German Concentration Camps be destroyed which serve as reminders of atrocities or slavery? Do they take offense to the history books and demand that the history books omit the atrocities committed against them? Why is history so important? Well, if we learn from it we won't repeat it! Those that do not learn from history repeat it!

Raa Raa Raa! Tear down the statues and delete slavery in the history books because snowflakes are offended! I support you! Pretty soon there will be no evidence that American Slavery under the Democrat Party ever existed. If American slavery never existed then why are so many upset or why do they feel that they should be entitled to anything?

Now I can't understand why some take offense to me agreeing with them! It's a no win situation

Answer to a fool with their folly!

1354048618_Answerafool.jpg.aa6c1349df0699b3ddcf4659c14a6b29.jpg

It's gratifying and satisfying. It lowers blood pressure, give it a try! Answer to a fool with their folly!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Staff

1069704921_GopvsDemocrat.jpg.c7888f4837d77998b403484a846077a0.jpg

Personally, I'm a minority, someone of a different ethnicity than white. If minorities want to support the party of Slavery and Jim Crow laws, hey, I support you! The last thing we need are judges that support and uphold the letter of the law from the above amendments in the Constitution! Let's put judges that are an enemy to the Constitution in place! Let's do away with the vow or oath to uphold the Constitution and defend it from both foreign and domestic threats!

• Like 2

A few various observations

1. Ask a person who insists that there is no such thing as truth if what they are asserting is true.

2. There are those who say the baby inside the womb should be aborted because he/she was from rape.

I say, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

3. In terms of your most recent post, remember also that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. Something else I just thought of. When Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation he did so even though the US Supreme Court years earlier in its Dred Scott decision declared that slaves are property. Should Lincoln have been impeached and subsequently removed for violating the court's decision?

4. If the National Organization for Women wants to protect all women then (a) where was the outrage against Bill Clinton when numerous women accused him of various sexual offences against them and (b) what about the 'choice' of all the female babies who are/were aborted?

5. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Do we tear down their statues as well? If not, why not?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Faber said:

5. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Do we tear down their statues as well? If not, why not?

If anyone feels so offended by these two men I am more than willing to accept any/all of his/her $1 and $2 bills.

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Faber said:

If anyone feels so offended by these two men I am more than willing to accept any/all of his/her $1 and $2 bills.

Actually, I think it would be quite easy for you to convince a democrat who happens to have a $2 bill to give it up by convincing them they are not real.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Faber said:

It has been ages since I've seen one (a $2 bill, not a democrat). :classic_smile:

I have nieces and nephews, every Christmas I make a point of getting $2 bills and "silver" Dollars and then pack them surreptitiously in among their gifts. It is also a delight to pay for coffee with a $2 bill, often the order taker is unsure if it is real or not -- and then of course there is no where to put it in the till. Also, apparently there is a new $2 bill issue in the works, hope to get a bundle. 

• Like 1

Staff
On 9/15/2018 at 6:56 PM, Faber said:

A few various observations

1. Ask a person who insists that there is no such thing as truth if what they are asserting is true.

I have in the past when debating someone that rejects the notion that truth exists asked them and everyone that is witnessing the debate to participate in a poll at the end. The poll question is who won the debate: my opponent who claims that truth doesn't exists, or me who claims truth that does exists. After some time I closed the poll. Then I asked the ones that voted against me and whether truth exists, "if you don't believe truth exists then why did you vote that one is closer to the truth or not?"

• Like 1

Staff
1 hour ago, SovereignGrace said:

1200px-US_$2_bill_obverse_series_2003_A.

The back of the bill is gayer than the front of a 2 dollar bill:

14125052165_a4f689696b_o.jpg

Speaking of Thomas Jefferson I just ran across a meme with a quote from him:

1175394667_ThomasJefferson.jpg.7361f000d8e7d161e64c586dc5a7c8e6.jpg

Since this is the whining board, I shall whine!

Didn't Jefferson take a black magic marker to a bible and delete everything that pointed to something that he didn't believe? By that action obviously, Jefferson thinks friendship is above truth and any conviction which is a result from that truth. Let's take his "teaching" and apply it today. Let's abandon all our values when facing ideologue that is destructive to not only our welfare, but our family, and nation. Let's abandon it all for the sake of "friendship". Jefferson was a politician, what I glean from his quote, is that he valued his fellow man and the way they thought about him above everything else. Don't get me wrong, as a politician I can respect that from him. I read the drafts that led to the Declaration of Independence and it amazed me that gods rather than God were used. I am glad that Jefferson which is the credited author represented the soldiers that died on the battle field of the Revolutionary War. 2/3rds of the soldiers that died in the Revolutionary War were Protestant and Calvinist. I'm glad as a representative he put his personal beliefs aside for those he represented. There is a positive and negative to this action.

Ya, I get PragerU's message of being civil, but I think Jefferson's beliefs and quote are not an example to follow. Let's never turn our backs or withdrawl from anyone in need 2 John 1:10.

• Wow 1

6 hours ago, William said:

I have in the past when debating someone that rejects the notion that truth exists asked them and everyone that is witnessing the debate to participate in a poll at the end. The poll question is who won the debate: my opponent who claims that truth doesn't exists, or me who claims truth that does exists. After some time I closed the poll. Then I asked the ones that voted against me and whether truth exists, "if you don't believe truth exists then why did you vote that one is closer to the truth or not?"

Classic!

On 9/20/2018 at 2:38 AM, William said:

Didn't Jefferson take a black magic marker to a bible and delete everything that pointed to something that he didn't believe?

I heard that he took scissors and cut out pages he didn't like -- I don't know that they had black magic markers in his day; which brings to mind a famous quote:

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet"

- Thomas Jefferson

Pro 26:4

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Pro 26:5

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Staff
16 minutes ago, Anto9us said:

I heard that he took scissors and cut out pages he didn't like -- I don't know that they had black magic markers in his day; which brings to mind a famous quote:

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet"

- Thomas Jefferson

I'm sure Jefferson would have destroyed any "magic" used in the process.

Staff
On 9/26/2018 at 9:04 PM, Anto9us said:

Pro 26:4

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Pro 26:5

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

You're right on the money, both Scriptural verses inspired my OP.

God bless,

William