The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Weighing the Spiritual Cost When Saints Turn Out to Be Scoundrels

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Turn the other cheek, or pack some heat?

Today we are seeing the predicted and predictable result of the removal of God from man's affairs.   With the recent New Zealand mosque shooting, comes the oft repeated refrain on gun control, which is to say that there are political and societal pressures to remove such weaponry from the hands of civilians.  As most capable thinkers might agree, there are already _laws_ against homicide. Yet, people still commit murder. There are myriads of laws already on the books about using a

in Morality and Laws

• Mountains Of Aluminum Cans Pile Up As The Cost Of Recycling Fails To Pay Off

By Tim Pearce - Used aluminum cans are piling up in scrap yards as the market for aluminum recyclables shrinks in size and profitability, The Wall Street Journal reports. The price for used aluminum cans has tanked 30 percent since the summer of 2018. Aluminum rollers are cutting recycled aluminum from cans out of their business models to prioritize more profitable areas of business. Old aluminum cans are limited in what aluminum products they can be used in. Car and airplane manufacturers

in Political Conservative News

• Sound Guy Vindicated At Last As Preacher Admits He Forgot To Turn His Mic On

RIDGELINE, CA—When Pastor Blake Middleton's voice failed to come through the house system at Maple Street Bible Church Sunday morning, every single member of the congregation turned to look at sound technician Johnny Bray, assuming it was his fault. The post Sound Guy Vindicated At Last As Preacher Admits He Forgot To Turn His Mic On appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Praying for people to turn to Jesus

I'd like to offer prayers for all who are hardened of heart, and refuse to hear the Gospel's positive message. It is the most important message any of us will ever hear, and I pray for those who prefer the world's agenda and voice, to Jesus. It's heavy on my heart, this morning. 😞 

in Prayer Wall

• Is Biden Worried Trump Will Turn His Son’s Sex Life Into Campaign Fodder?

By Chris White - Former Vice President Joe Biden has yet to enter the 2020 race for president. Some recent media reports have suggested that his son’s checkered private life could be part of the reason for the Democrat’s hesitation. Hunter Biden, the former VP’s 49-year-old son, would inevitably become campaign fodder if Biden were to join an increasingly crowded presidential race, Vanity Fair reported in January, citing Democratic strategists. Hunter’s romantic relationship with his broth

in Political Conservative News