The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

September 11th

It has been many years since I have been in the USA on September 11th. The fall term in China as well as South Korea begins around September 1st, but my documents to go overseas to work are taking longer than I thought they would be. So here I am in the USA on September 11th and I saw a few things on the news this morning covering what occurred 17 years ago. Throughout the day however I didn't see 1 show or documentary covering in any detail whatsoever the events that took place. Why is that? All these channels to choose from and I didn't find 1 show about it.

Have we forgotten? Is it old news that we don't really have much interest in anymore? 

Among several images I don't think I will ever forget some people jumping out of buildings from really high up just to avoid the smoke and/or flames that were approaching them.

• Like 1

I agree, Faber, there seems to be an unspoken, unwritten "let's not forget, but let's not really make a big deal out of it" media and political approach to remembering/commemorating 9/11. It is very disappointing. I was glad to see Flags at half-staff, although I am unsure if that was still in honor of McCain. Baseball observed a minute of silence at all games on 9/11, but that was about the only universal acknowledgement that I picked up on. I live in Northern California and we have a National Wildlife Refugee -- the head of the Refugee was on Flight 93 and most likely was involved with retaking the plane, but there was no ceremony to acknowledge his contribution. There was a small ceremony headed up by veterans that received no prior press . . . and that was it.

I think that there is a "don't rock the boat" attitude being fostered toward remembering 9/11 -- I think perhaps some believe (and perhaps rightly) that if we make too big a deal out of 9/11 it may foster retaliation by Islamists toward Americans abroad (and at home). It is sad that it has come to this.

9/11 was momentous to me and put me on a study of Islam. For me it was a search as to how could someone, why would someone, think they were dong "right" doing "good" to do what they did. One of the first books I read was Salman Rusdie's "Satanic Verses" -- I figured anyone who angered the Islamists enough to get a multi million dollar price on his head must have an angle on what is wrong with Islam. A very interesting and enlightening read. Then I came across Robert Morey's work "Islam Unveiled: The True Desert Storm" -- written in 1991, 10 years before 9/11, yet the very best thing I have found on Islam and its evil (yes, Evil) ways. To this day, when the subject comes up, I ask "Do you know who wrote the Koran?" -- and maybe, maybe, 3 out of a 100 have an inkling.

Islam is more Evil than Nazi Germany ever was. Islam is satanical inspired, controlled, and perpetuated. And we, in our weakened "Social Christianity", have chosen to just look the other way. What I see is that the current generation, instead of addressing and resolving the real issues that surround us, just decide to pass the problems on to the next generation . . . and of course the problems do not become smaller, but increase in size and scope while the ability to actually DO anything that would impact and change the course of human events becomes less and less.

Of course it is the Signs of the Times . . . but still it is very saddening. There is an old adage "You can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink." So how do you MAKE a horse drink? You ride the horse hard, and the horse will find the water, thirst for the water. I believe that this is what is happening in American and the world . . . we have been led to the water time and time again and would not drink, now we are being ridden hard, and coming soon even harder. Some will find the Water and drink. Many will not.

In a practical sense, those who choose to forget history will repeat it. We are choosing, on a day-to-day basis to forget the history of our country and its freedom, and we are all complicit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fyrelight said:

Islam is more Evil than Nazi Germany ever was. Islam is satanical inspired, controlled, and perpetuated. And we, in our weakened "Social Christianity", have chosen to just look the other way. What I see is that the current generation, instead of addressing and resolving the real issues that surround us, just decide to pass the problems on to the next generation . . . and of course the problems do not become smaller, but increase in size and scope while the ability to actually DO anything that would impact and change the course of human events becomes less and less.

It's as if the thinking is just close your eyes and since you don't see it then it must not exist. I was really hoping to see some (at least 1) good documentary about it. I know I can go to Youtube but my point is that no TV station really did that much in remembrance of it. Perhaps 1 or some of them did but I am not aware of any.

Staff
18 hours ago, Faber said:

Throughout the day however I didn't see 1 show or documentary covering in any detail whatsoever the events that took place. Why is that?

Political Correctness! American Muslims are offended. And any sense of American patriotism that results from a common enemy which unites the people against Islam opposes the Left's narrative and tactics.

I think history has shown that following any major conflict racial or other prejudices exists (rational or otherwise). The Left's logic is to bury history in order to not fan the "dying" embers. 

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Incredible.

I do wonder though William why it is okay to show clips and documentaries of Germany and Japan concerning what took place during WW2.

Staff
1 hour ago, Faber said:

Incredible.

I do wonder though William why it is okay to show clips and documentaries of Germany and Japan concerning what took place during WW2.

Because the Left is using the Propaganda tactic of blaming their enemy for the very thing they are guilty of. Nazi equals Trump to most Leftist' Millennials. And dropping the bomb on Japan, if we notice, usually follows with a sentimental testimony to support victimization of the Japanese people. It is rare that we ever encounter why we dropped the bomb, tactically speaking. Usually the part of Japanese training women and children to fight for their country is missing, because this key piece of history presented America with little choice. Nobody would support a war where American soldiers had to kill women and children. The very same tactic is a deterrent for us against other nations. Other sane Nations realize that with our 2nd Amendment and the People being well armed would result in Gorilla and Urban warfare from house to house where women and children would fight. The World would not sit by for long and let a foreign threat commit those kind of "atrocities" in war. Just look at how the enemy uses mis-targeted munitions or false claims that America deliberately targeted a school or hospital in order to counter U.S. support. They try to turn it into a humanity issue, shifting our clear motives and objectives into misguided ones.

Throw any rational reasons out the window when dealing with the Left. They are as inconsistent as can be and contradict themselves because of no moral platform on which they have to stand.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, Faber said:

It has been many years since I have been in the USA on September 11th. The fall term in China as well as South Korea begins around September 1st, but my documents to go overseas to work are taking longer than I thought they would be. So here I am in the USA on September 11th and I saw a few things on the news this morning covering what occurred 17 years ago. Throughout the day however I didn't see 1 show or documentary covering in any detail whatsoever the events that took place. Why is that? All these channels to choose from and I didn't find 1 show about it.

Have we forgotten? Is it old news that we don't really have much interest in anymore? 

Among several images I don't think I will ever forget some people jumping out of buildings from really high up just to avoid the smoke and/or flames that were approaching them.

Actually no one has forgotten about that tragic day in U.S. history. The news isn't reporting it as a priority item because of the political turmoil going on with the democrats taking every chance to attack both George Bush and Donald Trump. George Bush because it caught him completely off guard when it was reported to him the events as they were unfolding . He was totally confused as to what was happening and had every right to be that way. The liberals laid in waiting for Bush to say something that they could be critical of him on . Some sickos in the liberal media even going so far as to say that it was him who was the blame for this tragic event. They never allowed president Trump a single remark to express his sympathy over the lives lost that day .

So that's what is happening in the U.S. today. It's almost like the liberal media is trying their best to unseat our president and uses tragedy and fake news to do it with .