The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Trillia Newbell’s Word to Dating Couples

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Democrats Rally Around The Same Exact Word To Describe AG Barr’s Press Conference

By Molly Prince - A host of Congressional Democrats reacted to Attorney General William Barr’s press conference on Thursday by accusing him of political “spin” when defending the findings in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report. “AG Barr has confirmed the staggering partisan effort by the Trump Admin to spin public’s view of the #MuellerReport — complete with acknowledgment that the Trump team received a sneak preview,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tweeted after the press conference. “It’

in Political Conservative News

• Man Who Doesn't Believe Single Word Of Bible Quotes Bible To Prove Political Point

PORTLAND, OR—While discussing political issues with a Christian friend at a coffee shop Monday morning, local liberal atheist man Lars Wellson quoted the Bible several times to prove his position correct, despite the fact that he doesn't believe the Bible to be true in the slightest. The post Man Who Doesn't Believe Single Word Of Bible Quotes Bible To Prove Political Point appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Do Not Grow Weary in Declaring God's Word

There has never been a time when so much sound biblical teaching has been available at the fingertips of the ordinary person. And, thank the Lord, much of it is free. On the other hand, there has never been a time when such a vast amount of poor and heretical theology has been available to the same people. So much that I cannot keep up with it all. Many of our brothers and sisters are held captive by bad or inconsistent theology... theology that will not be able to bear the weight of the onslau

in Soteriology and Reformation Theology

• A Finance Guide for Married Couples

More than a year ago, I left a financial-planning firm after working as a creative director and wealth coach. I only worked there for a year, but I learned more in one year about financial stewardship than I’d learned in my first 29 years of life. I quickly learned that money problems expose marriage problems. When couples came into the firm for money counseling, we told them about the correlation between money counseling and marriage counseling—you can’t offer a married couple the former witho

in Christian Current Events

• My Journey Out Of The Word Of Faith

This last Sunday I had the privilege of preaching/teaching on three times at Reformation Orthodox Presbyterean Church in Apache Junction, Arizona. In the Sunday School hour, I was asked to share something of my personal testimony regarding how the Lord brought me out of the deception of the word of faith movement: View the full article

in Soteriology and Reformation Theology