The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Placable37

Fruitful Branches Of The Vine

You want grapes from your grapevine, you want passionfruit from your passionfruit vine, you want kiwifruit from your kiwifruit vine, and God the Father wants fruit from the branches of the true Vine which is Christ the Son.

John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman."

The branches are those who are attached to Christ, are supported by Him in all things, are enlivened by Him, and expected to produce fruit.

John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing."

Branches that bear fruit get pruned but not removed. The pruning leads to the production of more fruit as long as the branch stays attached to the Vine.

John 15:2 "Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit."

When gardeners check out their vines and discover unproductive and dead branches there is only one solution - cut them of. 

John 15:6 "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

We might wonder how a formerly healthy fruit-producing branch can become an unproductive dead branch, and how a spiritually healthy Christian can become spiritually dead with no good fruit to give. There may be many causes, all of which are avoidable by simply abiding in the Vine.

John 15:7 "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you."

The Word of God distinguishes between fruit-bearing branches and non-fruit-bearing branches, between those who are abiding in Christ and those who aren't abiding in Christ but instead abiding in the world and in its darkness.

John 15:3 "Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you."

If Christ is our heart's delight He will give us our heart's desire, which should be to produce fruit, regardless of the pruning that comes with it, producing fruit for the kingdom of God to benefit from...John 15:8 "Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples."

Edited by Placable37
additional

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Placable37 said:

You want grapes from your grapevine, you want passionfruit from your passionfruit vine, you want kiwifruit from your kiwifruit vine, and God the Father wants fruit from the branches of the true Vine which is Christ the Son.

John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman."

The branches are those who are attached to Christ, are supported by Him in all things, are enlivened by Him, and expected to produce fruit.

John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing."

Branches that bear fruit get pruned but not removed. The pruning leads to the production of more fruit as long as the branch stays attached to the Vine.

John 15:2 "Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit."

When gardeners check out their vines and discover unproductive and dead branches there is only one solution - cut them off. 

John 15:6 "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

We might wonder how a formerly healthy fruit-producing branch can become an unproductive dead branch, and how a spiritually healthy Christian can become spiritually dead with no good fruit to give. There may be many causes, all of which are avoidable by simply abiding in the Vine.

John 15:7 "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you."

The Word of God distinguishes between fruit-bearing branches and non-fruit-bearing branches, between those who are abiding in Christ and those who aren't abiding in Christ but instead abiding in the world and in its darkness.

John 15:3 "Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you."

If Christ is our heart's delight He will give us our heart's desire, which should be to produce fruit, regardless of the pruning that comes with it, producing fruit for the kingdom of God to benefit from...John 15:8 "Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples."

A typo - the word off was mistyped of. Corrected.