The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Ronald

Could the Last Trumpet in the Feast of Trumpets actually happen on 9-11-2018?

Ronald

There are many views and lots of confusion, but make no mistake, we are close to the Second Coming of Jesus. He said in Matthew 24:14: "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Another major sign that many of us believe started the clock ticking was when Israel became a nation in 1948 and Jerusalem was recaptured in 1967. After almost 19 centuries the Jews came back home after being scattered throughout the world. (see Jer. 16:15; Luke 21:24; Ezek37:21; Zeph. 2:1-3

After twenty years of exhaustive study, I have come to the understanding that the "last trumpet", (you know, the trumpet in 1 Thes. 4:16 & 1 Cor. 15:52), is the 7th trumpet that sounds in Rev. 11:15. Many things happen at that time aside from our resurrection:

* The mystery of God is revealed. (mentioned in Rev. 10:7);

* Christ appears and every eye sees Him;

*The kingdoms of the world become the Lords;

*The dead are resurrected and judged also;

*We receive rewards according to  our deeds;

*The Temple of God is open in heaven; and the Seven Bowls of God's wrath are released.

So it would appear that this last trumpet is number Seven in the series.

However, there is another view that this "last trumpet" is NOT part of that series, but a different series of trumpets blasts. The previous trumpets are blown by angels. But during the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah -- which btw is going on right now), trumpets are sounded during this time, up to 100 times. They are blown to sound an alarm, to repent, prepare yourself for the coming Day of Atonement, etc. The last trumpet in this series, which will be blown prior to sunset on 9/11/2018, is different. This "last trumpet" is blown to express victory. So why is this year any different than any other? It has been 70 years since Israel became a nation in 1948. According to David in Psalm 90:10 a generation is 70 years or 80 if you are strong.

So, could this be the Last Trumpet. If so, the Pre-tribbers are right, that no event precedes the Rapture of the Church. The Bible does say that He will come at a time that we do not expect Him. So with the previous scenario with the last trumpet being the seventh trumpet, events would seem to come before and therefore give us warning, unless they were all blown rapidly or simultaneously and the events accumulated over a 3 1/2 year period. We are shown what they mean individually, but that does not mean they are spread apart with all the events being completed before the next trumpet blows.

The world seems ripe for a harvest. So, whenever this trumpet blows, it will transform us (in the twinkling of an eye). That means all at once. If the last trumpet in Jerusalem is blown just before sunset 6:50 PM Jerusalem time, every Christian in the world will be transformed. That's pretty soon, 10:50 AM Texas time for me ... too soon? You got something planned? You working, getting married ... it doesn't matter. People will say, nah, tomorrow ... life will just go on as it always has. Maybe. Maybe since we have a strong generation, He will tarry another ten years. Can we wait? Sure, but Judgment Day waits for no one, you must be ready. Got everything in order? Have you made your peace with God, asked for the Lord's forgiveness? Do you believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures? Jesus said He would return and the angels confirmed it when he ascended.

I'm OK with waiting a little longer. I'm OK with going through some tribulation as well since I adhere to the Mid-Trib view anyways. I would however prefer the Pre-Trib view. The Bible says "the multitude seen in heaven that no one could number" (Rev. 7:9) -- just came out of the great tribulation (Rev. 7:14) This is a vision, a different vantage point of the same event in Rev. 11:15. That's right, the events in the book of Revelation are not chronological. They overlap, are accumulative and God shows us different vantage points of the same event. It is not a linear series of events one after another. It is more like a multi-dimensional sphere of events. So to confuse you more, the trumpets and bowls fall within the Scroll with Seven Seals. The Scroll is the orders, like written play and the actions are in the trumpets and bowls. Another example would be the great earthquake in Rev. 6:12 is the same as the one in Rev. 16:18.

I'm not setting a date for tomorrow, just giving you a heads up.     ^   I really don't know!

atpollard

Anything is possible, but a 9/11/2018 end of the world is not probable.

If you really want to nail down a “no sooner than” date, when will the Gospel have reached all people groups?  That seems a direct “ninimum requirement” for fulfilling the Great Commission.

Last I checked, the Macedonia Project was on track for having the gospel translated into every language on earth by 2020.  Does anyone have an update on their progress?  

An organization called “One Hope” has a plan to present the gospel to every child on the earth by 2025.  Last I checked with them, they were a little ahead of their projected schedule because God had opened some unique opportunities to work with locals in some otherwise closed societies.

So God has given me no ‘inside information’, but 2018 seems a bit too soon for our job to be done.

Ronald

Well, the sun just set in Jerusalem, last trumpet in the Feast of Trumpets has been blown ... I guess this one was not it. Of course a shofar is blown on the Day of Atonement, which may be more significantly assigned to our Ressurection. 

Could be another year or have nothing to do with the Feast of Trumpets at all. As I said, my view has been Mid-Trib all along and have been comfortable with the 7th Trumpet being the last. 

I must confess, I expected this Great Tribulation to at least begin by the end if 2018 because it has been one generation from 1948. Then again, we are a strong generation, so maybe 10 more years.

One more observation I would like to share before I finish this post. If the Antichrist is Islamic and many suspect he is, along with the Beast being Islam, when would be the ideal time for him to attack Israel and the U.S. ? When would our guard be down and our troops be on leave? Historically, even during times of war, a pause, a respite is observed during Christmas. That has been a day of peace for the world. But of course, the Antichrist hates Christians, so attacking us on our Holy day should be considered a possibility.

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not,  but it seems suspicious that the Iranian Nuclear deal was created on July 14, 2015, and agreed upon by the U.S., the U.K., France, Russia, China, Germany and the EU as well and if you add 1260 days to that date, we arrive at 12-25-2018. Remember, a peace treaty between many nations is supposed to be broken by the Antichrist which would ignite the Great Tribulation. It wasnt labeled a treaty, since a treaty needs to be ratified by Congress, so Obama called it something else to get by the Constitutional law. But we all know it was a peace treaty. Most of us were expecting an agreement between Israel and the Palestinians along with a UN involved as well; but lets face it, Iran wants Israel annihilated, they stated so many times and so it does gravely concern Israel. And then of course we are all waiting for the headlines, "Peace and Safety" to preclude the GT. 

We have also observed tribulation in the Middle East since the revolts began in 2010 am with Tunisia, then spread like dominos to Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Syria, etc. Leaders were plucked out of their leadership to further destabilize the region. Hussein, Mubarek, Qudhafi may very well be the horns plucked from the Beast with seven heads and ten horns. So, who is the little horn that will emerge, the Ayatollah or Assad? Far be it from a revised Roman empire, the EU or the POTUS. No, Islam is the Beast, they have always been Antichrist and anti-Semitic throughout  history.,They currently have over 80 terrorists groups with Jihad on their agenda. Iran is the #1 funder if terrorism in the world and they received $150 billion in that deal to use for that purpose. 

Becky
Staff

Col 1:5  For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel
Col 1:6  Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth: 

CDF47
12 hours ago, Ronald said:

Well, the sun just set in Jerusalem, last trumpet in the Feast of Trumpets has been blown ... I guess this one was not it. Of course a shofar is blown on the Day of Atonement, which may be more significantly assigned to our Ressurection. 

Could be another year or have nothing to do with the Feast of Trumpets at all. As I said, my view has been Mid-Trib all along and have been comfortable with the 7th Trumpet being the last. 

I must confess, I expected this Great Tribulation to at least begin by the end if 2018 because it has been one generation from 1948. Then again, we are a strong generation, so maybe 10 more years.

One more observation I would like to share before I finish this post. If the Antichrist is Islamic and many suspect he is, along with the Beast being Islam, when would be the ideal time for him to attack Israel and the U.S. ? When would our guard be down and our troops be on leave? Historically, even during times of war, a pause, a respite is observed during Christmas. That has been a day of peace for the world. But of course, the Antichrist hates Christians, so attacking us on our Holy day should be considered a possibility.

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not,  but it seems suspicious that the Iranian Nuclear deal was created on July 14, 2015, and agreed upon by the U.S., the U.K., France, Russia, China, Germany and the EU as well and if you add 1260 days to that date, we arrive at 12-25-2018. Remember, a peace treaty between many nations is supposed to be broken by the Antichrist which would ignite the Great Tribulation. It wasnt labeled a treaty, since a treaty needs to be ratified by Congress, so Obama called it something else to get by the Constitutional law. But we all know it was a peace treaty. Most of us were expecting an agreement between Israel and the Palestinians along with a UN involved as well; but lets face it, Iran wants Israel annihilated, they stated so many times and so it does gravely concern Israel. And then of course we are all waiting for the headlines, "Peace and Safety" to preclude the GT. 

We have also observed tribulation in the Middle East since the revolts began in 2010 am with Tunisia, then spread like dominos to Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Syria, etc. Leaders were plucked out of their leadership to further destabilize the region. Hussein, Mubarek, Qudhafi may very well be the horns plucked from the Beast with seven heads and ten horns. So, who is the little horn that will emerge, the Ayatollah or Assad? Far be it from a revised Roman empire, the EU or the POTUS. No, Islam is the Beast, they have always been Antichrist and anti-Semitic throughout  history.,They currently have over 80 terrorists groups with Jihad on their agenda. Iran is the #1 funder if terrorism in the world and they received $150 billion in that deal to use for that purpose. 

I believe the first beast is RCC, the second beast is US, and the false prophet is the religion of Islam.  I believe the antichrist and antichrists is the office of the pope.

Ronald

The RCC, all Catholics, the pope, and 99.9 % of priests, bishops, cardinals believe in Jesus and put their faith in Him. Most of them are devoted and love their flocks. Some should have never been priests, not having this love, nor the ability to control their sexual desires.   Regardless of our differences, they have faith and therefore not "anti" (against) Christ. They love the LORD as we do. This division is unfortunate between us. The Protestant Reformation was necessary to correct some doctrinal errors, traditions, and escape the power the RCC had over it's people. We are all sinners.  Let's not forget pastors on the Protestant side who have been just as sinful.

CDF47
2 hours ago, Ronald said:

The RCC, all Catholics, the pope, and 99.9 % of priests, bishops, cardinals believe in Jesus and put their faith in Him. Most of them are devoted and love their flocks. Some should have never been priests, not having this love, nor the ability to control their sexual desires.   Regardless of our differences, they have faith and therefore not "anti" (against) Christ. They love the LORD as we do. This division is unfortunate between us. The Protestant Reformation was necessary to correct some doctrinal errors, traditions, and escape the power the RCC had over it's people. We are all sinners.  Let's not forget pastors on the Protestant side who have been just as sinful.

The RCC is corrupted.  I agree that most Catholics are Christians and followers of Christ but they are in an apostate church.

Ronald

Apostate means a person who renounces Jesus, abandons Christianity. I don't know what church you attend but no church is perfect. Sin corrupts. You would be surprised at that secret sin of those you might uphold as spiritual deacons in the church. The first century saw problems in the various Christian churches. The Letters to the seven churches were rebukes and messages to repent to at least five of them. Only Philadelphia and Smyrna were faithful. So they are a template of churches today, filled with corruption. God has factored in all our failures and flaws to fulfill His purpose. He is Sovereign and so evil is in check. Man cannot thwart God's purpose. His plan is perfect and so let's not be judgmental about almost half of the Christians on the planet. He chastised those He loves. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God knew, He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be the firstborn of many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." Rom.8:28 - 30

Remember, the sin that has been forgiven includes past, present and future sins. If we die at any moment, we go to the Lord, white as snow. The Word is able to separate our spirit from our flesh at death or in a twinkling of an eye at the resurrection. The Father sees us a pure, forgiven. We don't look at everyone that way, we see their sin and corruption. But if they have been born again and the Holy Spirit is within them, that part where the Spirit dwells is likened to the Holy of Holies in the Old Temple. That part of the person is and remains pure, while the sarx/flesh is where sin dwells.

That said, there are tares among the wheat, those who corrupt the church. Satan sends his boys among us. They were there 1900 years ago and they are there now. By their fruit you will know them. Honestly, I do not see bad fruit produced by the Pope, the last Pope either. He has his flaws too. Pope John Paul II was a good Pope. 

Becky
Staff

covering up rotten fruit is not Christlike 

Mick

I just read an interesting article which explains that there is no such thing as the Feast of Trumpets. Apparently the term was never used before the 2nd century AD. Here is the link -

http://prewrathrapture.com/the-rapture-and-the-feast-of-trumpets-are-separate-and-unrelated/

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, Ronald said:

Red Sky at Morning

I found this very interesting, especially taking into account "the trump of God"...

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Cross reference ...

Zechariah 9:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.

Placable37
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, Ronald said:

Anything that misrepresents the truth of God's Word and dominates, intimidates, manipulates, and seduces God's people is iniquitous and true Bible-believing Christians are instructed not to be partakers with such.

Rev 18:4-8
(4)  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.
(5)  For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
(6)  Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
(7)  How much she has glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she says in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

(8)  Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Fyrelight

My two cents. Calendars in the Old Testament and in historical contexts were almost always based on when a ruler ascended their throne; ie., the fifth year of King David, the ninth year of King George, Duke Ferdinand, etc. Yet, our modern calendar is based (roughly) on the Birth of Christ, not when he ascended His throne. The Cross of Christ in my opinion, is the "marker" for the start of a calendar (not His birth), so, the "true" Second Millennium is on (or about) 2033 -- give or take a few years one side or the other. And as I look at the cataclysmic events of the world around me, it does seem like a lot of "stuff" is moving toward impending disaster/doom in the very near future. Works for me. Also I am very glad that our modern enlightened scholars decided to change the cumbersome addendum A.D. (Anno Domini, which is Latin for “year of our Lord” and nobody knew what it meant) to C.E. (the Christian Era). [Run that by your secular friends and see them twitch.]

And lest we forget . . . "We may not know what the futures holds, but we do know Who Holds the Future."

Hitch

Guess not.

Ronald
On 9/13/2018 at 7:53 PM, Mick said:

I just read an interesting article which explains that there is no such thing as the Feast of Trumpets. Apparently the term was never used before the 2nd century AD. Here is the link -

http://prewrathrapture.com/the-rapture-and-the-feast-of-trumpets-are-separate-and-unrelated/

Mick, thanks for this. Rosh Hashanah includes the Feast of Trumpets. It is the civil new year, first month. But it is the seventh month of the Ecclesiastical/Biblical calendar. Whichever it is, it appears God or an angel blows the last trumpet as I have believed to be #7 (Rev.11:15) for many years. I was just asking the question: Is this the Last Trumpet?"

On 9/14/2018 at 4:00 AM, Red Sky at Morning said:

I found this very interesting, especially taking into account "the trump of God"...

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Cross reference ...

Zechariah 9:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.

Red Sky At Morning, Thanks for this. it was a very interesting view. He's sounds logical. Although I don't think he is any more scholarly than the rest of us. The idea that we should be looking for an event(s) is what signals His return. All eschatology points to events. However, as mentioned, events such as the Rev. 12:1 did happen, but it was a sign not a date. The blood moons came and I believe they were significant signs as well,. So we can know the season.

That "the Lord blows the trumpet" I think if very key. That completely dislodges earthly trumpets blown by man. So any so called "Feast of Trumpets" during Rosh Hashanah or during the month of Nisan would include blowing of trumpets by man, not the Lord.

Damascus along with many Islamic nations will be destroyed and I do believe Islam is the Beast, a group of ten Islamic nations that will come against Israel. Iran is the #1 terrorist funding state. The bad nuclear deal with them will be realized by all when they attack Israel with a nuke. We know the Bible says, all nations who come against Israel will be destroyed. Many cities will be destroyed.

That this event will come first or an asteroid ... who knows. As far as Planet 9 goes, they haven't discovered it yet -- it's inferred based on elliptical movements of other objects out there.

This is an interesting video and this guy seems pretty smart, yet I don't put my faith alongside astronomers, they seem to have the math in place without God.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTlr9Se2DbE This video does put the previous accumulative ideas of Planet X in the trash, because he says they were based on erroneous data prior to 1993. Also the sensationalism tied to it, the idea that it is in our solar system now and that we'll be able to see has been disproved for the last few years. There have been fraudulent photos created to deceive people as well. 

On 9/14/2018 at 5:07 AM, Placable37 said:

Anything that misrepresents the truth of God's Word and dominates, intimidates, manipulates, and seduces God's people is iniquitous and true Bible-believing Christians are instructed not to be partakers with such.

Rev 18:4-8
(4)  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.
(5)  For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
(6)  Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
(7)  How much she has glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she says in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

(8)  Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Placable37,

Revelation 18 is about the Fall of Babylon, the entire world system. The ancient city of Babylon was corrupt and God confused their language and so the people were dispersed throughout the world. Babylon is where all the false religions, cults,  astrology, false philosophies such as humanism, etc., come from. It spread throughout the world and corrupted the world. Babylon is not Rome although  Rome was referred to as Babylon, it was a product of Babylon as all the world powers were influenced by HER. 

So, I beg to disagree with you that the above scriptures pertain to Rome or the Catholic Church.

Edited by Ronald
I inserted the poster's name