The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
ConfessionalLutheran

Prayer request for a new widow

ConfessionalLutheran

An old high school classmate of mine has recently lost her husband to a swift and unexpected death. Her world is in ruins and those closest to her are walking around in a daze. I'm too far removed from the situation personally to do anything other than pray for her, her family and to commend the soul of her husband to God's Fatherly care. I'm going to take a walk and pray silently for those effected by this tragic and terrible loss. Please pray for this wonderful, loving family who lost their provider, their protector and their head. God bless you all today.

• Praying 3

Faber

May the Lord surround her and all those involved with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7)

• Praying 3

William
Staff

James 1:27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

CDF47

My prayers for her and their family.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ConfessionalLutheran

Thank you all so much! I know that the Lord hears and He'll help. ❤️

• Like 1

deade

That happened to my mother in '45 and she didn't know where to turn. They certainly have my prayers.

5221.gif

• Sad 1

ConfessionalLutheran
23 minutes ago, deade said:

That happened to my mother in '45 and she didn't know where to turn. They certainly have my prayers.

5221.gif

Thank you, @deade.. I'm sorry to hear that about your mother.

• Like 1

Just Mike

Often a mate who has been the care giver dies earlier that the person being cared for. My wife and I are dealing with this very situation. I am deeply worried for my. As my health failes, wife my wife takes on more responsibilities. We are very open with each other. I can no longer unload food out of the truck, my lifting weight limit is 10 pounds. Look at a bag of sugar, 10 pounds is not very much.

I get worried, as my physical limitations decrease, sh picks up the slack. We are looking into ways  to get our loaded stuff in the truck, into the house with as little effort on her part as possible. 

.On the 5th of this month we celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary. This is truly amazing, considering how many times I have been so very close to going home with The Father, and Jesus Christ.  We are praying God will grant us a few more years.  

• Praying 1