The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Time to Boycott Nike

Staff

Nike.jpg.066681d775be1f01221660df9db0ec88.jpg

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Staff

Looks like some are shooting back at Nike. This meme is of Pat Tilman who sacrificed not only his NFL career in order to serve our country but his life in the line of duty.

2055525161_PatTilman.jpg.a693ccf79d147167007557cf6038390e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Staff

2. Kaepernick’s Career Earnings From the NFL Amount to $43,479,216.

Some trying to make me believe he gave that all up ? 

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

He didn't "give" anything up.  He still got the rest of his salary even after he left the 49ers.  Now he is getting even more of a payday, at least until this country starts telling companies like Nike that it will not be very lucrative to back these people.

• Best Answer 1

Staff

How's this?

Kaevernick.jpg.c38f5a65966482917582184deb779671.jpg

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

38 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

I never cared for their products anyway . Too many reliable competitors out there to choose from.

Yeah, it is easy to go elsewhere; plenty of competition.

Edited by CDF47
  • Yay 1

5 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Yeah, it is easy to go elsewhere; plenty of competition.

The truth is that I am getting less and less interested in the NFL . It all begin when I saw several players from several teams disrespecting our flag, our nation , our military and our police officers . There was a time when I couldn't wait for a week end game to play . Now I could care less if they ever do play . Especially after seeing this cry face complain about police brutality. The fact is that no one has ever approached him and asked him about a single case of police brutality he can name. No one !

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Staff

Sports was a way to escape politics,  that no longer true.  

These guys make so much money they are spoiled brats. 

Kaep has something like 600.000.00 per touchdown if i did the math correctly .

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Just now, Becky said:

WHaaaa ??? $ 600,000.00 per touch down ? From what I've seen of him playing the guy must be broke. Seriously !

I wonder how he ever even made it into the NFL . Last game I saw of him he was getting BOOooooed !!! very loudly by many people from the grand stands . That was around the time when he begin his " kneeling career " .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

The truth is that I am getting less and less interested in the NFL . It all begin when I saw several players from several teams disrespecting our flag, our nation , our military and our police officers . There was a time when I couldn't wait for a week end game to play . Now I could care less if they ever do play . Especially after seeing this cry face complain about police brutality. The fact is that no one has ever approached him and asked him about a single case of police brutality he can name. No one !

Yeah, he is making tens of millions of dollars to throw a football and yet he is crying and protesting brutality in this country.  Fans are not paying to see this crap   

I am a big fan of the NFL too.  Their new plan is to not air the national anthem and have the players that choose to kneel wait in the locker room during the national anthem.  That does not solve the problem.  The NFL should fire these people and things will change real quick.

11 minutes ago, Becky said:

Spoiled brats is right.  

1 minute ago, CDF47 said:

Yeah, he is making tens of millions of dollars to throw a football and yet he is crying and protesting brutality in this country.  Fans are not paying to see this crap   

I am a big fan of the NFL too.  Their new plan is to not air the national anthem and have the players that choose to kneel wait in the locker room during the national anthem.  That does not solve the problem.  The NFL should fire these people and things will change real quick.

Not playing the National Anthem is a big win for them. They managed to get that done ,so now they can move on to more bitter protest against this nation . Amazing that no one but the conservative news stations have anything to say about it. Soon it will be no more police officers for crowd control . And the Hot Dog man will be out of a job because his hot dogs contain pork !

10 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

Not playing the National Anthem is a big win for them. They managed to get that done ,so now they can move on to more bitter protest against this nation . Amazing that no one but the conservative news stations have anything to say about it. Soon it will be no more police officers for crowd control . And the Hot Dog man will be out of a job because his hot dogs contain pork !

They still plan on playing the national anthem, it just won't get aired on TV and the players that kneel will be required to do so in the locker room.  You're right, good thing there are news stations willing to cover this story.  By the way NFL ratings are down.  I wonder if that trend will continue.

Staff

Day 1. Nike loses 4 Billion dollars.

CONSERVATIVEFIGHTERS.ORG

On Monday, the new face of Nike’s 30th anniversary “Just Do It” campaign was unveiled, and NFL fans will have no problem recognizing him: Colin Kaepernick, who started the protest movement back in 2016, when he declared, “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses […]
Read more  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, William said:

Day 1. Nike loses 4 Billion dollars.

CONSERVATIVEFIGHTERS.ORG

On Monday, the new face of Nike’s 30th anniversary “Just Do It” campaign was unveiled, and NFL fans will have no problem recognizing him: Colin Kaepernick, who started the protest movement back in 2016, when he declared, “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses […]
Read more  

Wow, $4B loss in one day.  That is a whole lot of money.

Staff
Just now, CDF47 said:

Wow, $4B loss in one day.  That is a whole lot of money.

If I am correct that surpasses the amount Target lost after months of boycotting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, William said:

If I am correct that surpasses the amount Target lost after months of boycotting.

Yeah, It is hard to believe they lost that much money that quickly.  I bet they wish they would have re-thought that one.  I wonder who gave the final approval to move forward with this.  There are problem one or more less people working at Nike today.

Edited by CDF47

Staff
Just now, CDF47 said:

Yeah, It is hard to believe they lost that much money that quickly.  I bet they wish they would have re-thought that one.  I wonder who gave the final approval to move forward with this.  There are problem one or more less people working at Nike today.

These companies and Mainstream media are delusional. They have no idea about reality and what their target audience thinks. Marketing is becoming a way to manipulate a person rather than to appeal to the person that is in need. They're not selling their products, they are selling the ideology behind the company and its position in politics.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

1 minute ago, William said:

These companies and Mainstream media are delusional. They have no idea about reality and what most Americans think.

I agree, completely clueless.

Staff

One of the tactics Hitler used was to find, then use a common enemy. He did this to pit one part of the country against the other giving him power. This is being done today via the media. The Jews were his scapegoat  seems to me the attempt to make Christian America the scapegoat is showing it ugly head. 

• Like 1

I do not watch football, and I really don't care to watch it. However disrespecting our country makes me dislike football even more.  If Nike was willing to take the risk with this new add, and it looks like it was a big risk, then the end results will be either a big profit or a big loss.

I doubt I would boycott Nike as their shoes are two for the price of one where I go. Can't beat that. 

Staff

Nike is pretty sure a boycott won't effect them. I would buy New Balance, some are made in a place you most likely  have never seen a shoe made before. The USA!