The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
News Feeder

Pope Francis Replaced By John Piper

VATICAN CITY—As scandals continued to erupt around Pope Francis, Catholic faith in the Supreme Pontiff quickly plummeted, prompting the College of Cardinals to elect a new pope to replace him. Knowing the Church needed a major shift in theology and practice, the Cardinals turned to an unlikely candidate to replace Francis: pastor and author John […]

The post Pope Francis Replaced By John Piper appeared first on The Babylon Bee.

View the original full article

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, News Feeder said:

VATICAN CITY—As scandals continued to erupt around Pope Francis, Catholic faith in the Supreme Pontiff quickly plummeted, prompting the College of Cardinals to elect a new pope to replace him. Knowing the Church needed a major shift in theology and practice, the Cardinals turned to an unlikely candidate to replace Francis: pastor and author John […]

The post Pope Francis Replaced By John Piper appeared first on The Babylon Bee.

View the original full article

You underlined the quote,,,so where's the article ?   M

Staff
3 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

You underlined the quote,,,so where's the article ?   M

Can you not click on the underlined hyperlink "View the original article"?

2 hours ago, William said:

Can you not click on the underlined hyperlink "View the original article"?

I did. So in answer I have to first of all wonder if that is the real John Piper ? I say that because that head piece he is wearing is

ridiculous . Secondly I am viewing what he wrote of the extreme errors taught and believed by the Catholic Church. Knowing of John and his works I would have thought he would have written volumes instead of a few short sentences. I do highly disagree that Catholic

parishioners are fleeing their pope . I would have thought that their loyalty would grow even stronger for him since they view him as

the " Vicar of Christ " .        M

Staff
Just now, Matthew Duvall said:

I did. So in answer I have to first of all wonder if that is the real John Piper ? I say that because that head piece he is wearing is

ridiculous . Secondly I am viewing what he wrote of the extreme errors taught and believed by the Catholic Church. Knowing of John and his works I would have thought he would have written volumes instead of a few short sentences. I do highly disagree that Catholic

parishioners are fleeing their pope . I would have thought that their loyalty would grow even stronger for him since they view him as

the " Vicar of Christ " .        M

Do you realize that you're in the "Satire" section of the forum? Babylon Bee writes Satire and they're quite good at it.

8 minutes ago, William said:

Do you realize that you're in the "Satire" section of the forum? Babylon Bee writes Satire and they're quite good at it.

From Wkpd:

Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be humorous, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.

A feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"[2]—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration,[3] juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

Satire is nowadays found in many artistic forms of expression, including internet memes, literature, plays, commentary, television shows, and media such as lyrics.

Some satirists have insatiable appetites.

Staff
Just now, Placable37 said:

Some satirists have insatiable appetites.

We (staff) promise not to go beyond Christian Satire. The Christian Satire category is clearly defined:

1206421410_SatireCategory.jpg.b02f6ad3234cc97aa8d84aaba97b7ad8.jpg

Lastly, speaking of John Piper, he authored the article we republicated and keep pinned in the Satire section:

I hope others share the laughs that I enjoy in the Satire section. Even at the expense of my own church denomination or theology at times!

God bless,

William

3 minutes ago, William said:

We (staff) promise not to go beyond Christian Satire. The Christian Satire category is clearly defined:

Lastly, speaking of John Piper, he authored the article we republicated and keep pinned in the Satire section:

I hope others share the laughs that I enjoy in the Satire section. Even at the expense of my own church denomination or theology at times!

God bless,

William

Somewhere in here, I think...

Proverbs 26:4-5
(4)  Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like unto him.
(5)  Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Staff
10 hours ago, Placable37 said:

Somewhere in here, I think...

Proverbs 26:4-5
(4)  Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like unto him.
(5)  Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

In that proverb to answer a fool according to his folly would be exampled as follows.

Fool: The sky is green.

Answering a fool according to his folly: No it is not, the sky is blue.

To avoid answering a fool according to his folly is to ask him "why" he believes the sky is green. Otherwise we are just like him and only argue his reasoning. We should expose the flaws in his thinking. That is, unless you want to join him in his cunning and prove his reasoning right.

God bless,

William

• Yay 1

4 minutes ago, William said:

In that proverb to answer a fool according to his folly would be exampled as follows.

Fool: The sky is green.

Answering a fool according to his folly: No it is not, the sky is blue.

To avoid answering a fool according to his folly is to ask him "why" he believes the sky is green. Otherwise we are just like him and only argue from his point of view.

And then there's Paul pretending to be a fool...👀

• ouch 1

Staff
10 hours ago, Placable37 said:

And then there's Paul pretending to be a fool...👀

You'll have to give a specific example.

If you mean Paul became a Jew or weak in order to preach to the Jews or the weak then take that up with Paul.

4 minutes ago, William said:

You'll have to give a specific example.

If you mean he became a Jew or weak in order to preach to Jews or the weak then take that up with Paul.

Here we are. This always gets me...:RpS_lol:

2Co 11:16-23
(16)  I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.
(17)  That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.
(18)  Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.
(19)  For you suffer fools gladly, seeing you yourselves are wise.
(20)  For you suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.
(21)  I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak. Howbeit whereinsoever any is bold, (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also.
(22)  Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.
(23)  Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

Go Paul...