The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

New York Post: Sharpton’s Daughter Sues City For $5M After Spraining Ankle

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Not Sure Where To Post?

I hope you all are doing well today. William recently visited our site (www.ex-christian.net) to engage with us and ask questions, so I decided to join yours, assuming this is allowed. I have questions for everyone here as well, however I am not sure where would be best to do so. Can anyone point me to an area designated for people who who are not Christian? If you do not have an area, I can leave...I just don't like to turn down dialogue when it's an opportunity. Thanks!

in Welcome Mat

• America’s Biggest Medical Association Sues Trump Administration Over Abortion Rule

By Grace Carr - The American Medical Association and Planned Parenthood filed a Tuesday lawsuit against the Trump administration over its latest move to force abortion clinics to separate abortion from other health care services in order to qualify for Title X funding. The groups argue that the final rule is unconstitutional and violates a congressional mandate requiring health care providers receiving Title X funds to provide complete and unbiased information to patients. They filed their

in Political Conservative News

• ICE arrests more than 20 illegal aliens released in New York after detainers ignored

By R. Mitchell - NEW YORK — During the month of February 2019, ICE’s Enforcement and Removal’s (ERO) deportation officers assigned to the New York Field Office arrested more than 20 criminal aliens throughout their area of responsibility, after they were released from local law enforcement custody with an active immigration detainer in place. “The sanctuary city politics of this city continue to put the safety of New York residents at risk,” said Thomas R. Decker, field office director for

• New Jersey ISIS Supporter Sentenced to 16 Years in Prison for Attempting to Bomb New York City

By R. Mitchell - Gregory Lepsky, 22, of Point Pleasant, New Jersey, was sentenced today to 16 years in prison for planning to construct and use a pressure cooker bomb in New York on behalf of a designated foreign terrorist organization, the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS). Lepsky pleaded guilty March 13, 2018, before a U.S. District Court Judge, to an information charging him with one count of attempting to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, spe

• Green New Deal? Biggest US City To Go ‘100 Percent Renewable’ Lost Millions On Solar, Wind Contracts

By Michael Bastasch - Georgetown, Texas, officials are lashing out at critics of its costly plan to get 100 percent renewable electricity. Green energy contracts have cost the Texas city $30 million in three years, providing a cautionary tale for Green New Deal supporters.  Former Vice President Al Gore called the city a “trailblazer” on renewables, but now electricity rates will be going up. As Congress debates the Green New Deal resolution to transition the U.S. economy to “net-zero”