The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Brett Kavanaugh, History’s Greatest Monster, Liked Basketball More Than Politics In College

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Second Woman Accuses Lt. Gov Justin Fairfax of Rape in College

By Andrew Aleksi-Lankinen - Lt. Gov (D) Justin Fairfax has now been accused of rape by a second woman. A second woman has accused Virginia Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax of sexual assault. Through her lawyer, Meredith Watson said that she told fellow classmates of the alleged rape and shared what happened to her in email and facebook messages. Watson says that they were friends at Duke University in 2000, but they had not dated or been intimate before the alleged incident. “At this ti

in Political Conservative News

• Honesty in the world of politics

A solicitor called Adam Kemeny has been struck off from practising as a lawyer after admitting evading train tickets to the value of hundreds of pounds.   A rich financier called Jonathan Burrows is also unlikely ever to work in finance again, after being caught evading thousands of pounds worth of train fares.   And yet we allow the most brazen of liars to occupy even the highest of political offices.

in Political Debate

• Elizabeth Warren Admits To Wearing Paleface At College Costume Party

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Senator Elizabeth Warren is embroiled in controversy once again, this time after she admitted to wearing racially offensive "paleface" at a costume party back in her college days. The post Elizabeth Warren Admits To Wearing Paleface At College Costume Party appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Politics in the pulpit

I was at church last year, and the visiting minister - female - said that the Brexit referendum vote was driven by hate.  She did not have to mention the subject at all, and the way she handled it was crass.  Did she honestly believe that no one in the congregation voted leave?   I am a proud leave voter, and I confronted her after the service, but she backtracked and said something about how what she meant was something else.  Yeah right.  A few months later I arrived at church, found

in Political Debate

• New York To Spend Millions Putting DREAMers Through College

By Jason Hopkins - New York state lawmakers have approved a measure that aims to dole out millions in taxpayer-funded aid to illegal immigrants attending college. The now-Democratic controlled New York State legislature on Wednesday passed the Dream Act, legislation that would make thousands of illegal immigrants eligible for financial aid to attend public colleges in the state. The bill, which has attracted praise from New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo, would cost $27 million. The me

in Political Conservative News