The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Beyond Visual Line of Sight: The Future Is Now!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Two Ways to Fix Your Hope on Future Grace

Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. (1 Pet. 1:13) Peter begins his exhortations with an important word: “Therefore.” In light of your beautiful inheritance in Christ, what ought you to do? Set your hope fully on the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. A full revelation of Christ is coming, on the day of his return. Place your hope in t

in Christian Current Events

• How to Brave the Wild Technological Future

We live in a technology-saturated world, full of wonder and amazement about what will be developed next and how it will influence our lives. The rate of technological innovation is faster than ever, and it often feels like we’re just getting started. How should we respond to this whirlwind of change? In his recent book, Braving the Future: Christian Faith in a World of Limitless Tech, Douglas Estes helps Christians navigate these challenges by providing a theological and philosophical approach

• Faraday Future is safe...for now

I have been following this developing story for a little while.  Especially, since they were working toward opening a plant near the town in which I was living, which would help the local economy.  This latest news is good, but should be taken with a grain of salt.   Faraday Future settles dispute with investor, but it's not out of the woods - Electrek ELECTREK.CO Faraday Future, once seen as the main EV startup, had a tough 2018, but it announc

in Off Topic Discussion

• ‘Joy to the World’ Helps Us Rejoice in Our Past and Future

One of my favorite memories as a boy was singing with our church family on Christmas Eve. As the service would near its conclusion, the deacons would distribute candles while the lights grew dark. As we sang our final hymn, the room would flood with candlelight as voices announced the message of Christmas, “Joy to the world, the Lord is come, let earth receive her king.” I felt a foot taller while singing with full voice among my friends and neighbors thinking about the truth and mystery of the

• UKIP-EXIT? Nigel Farage departure suggests uncertain future for party

By American Media Institute - by AMI Newswire Nigel Farage is saying goodbye, again. The British political leader more responsible than any other for the Brexit vote to leave the European Union is now leaving the party he helped found after over 25 years. Farage announced this week that he was quitting the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) this week, claiming it has become too aggressive and anti-Muslim under the direction of its current leader Gerard Batten. The trigger was Batten

in Political Conservative News