The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Praised John McCain. Then Things Got REALLY Weird.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• All Things Are Become New (2019-02-19)

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17). View the full article

in Devotionals

• Conservatives Accused Of Making Liberals Look Bad By Simply Reading List Of Things Liberals Believe

U.S.—Conservatives across the nation have been accused of "pouncing" and "seizing on" weaknesses in liberals' policy positions for simply reading a list of the things liberals actually believe without changing the content or commenting on it in any way. The post Conservatives Accused Of Making Liberals Look Bad By Simply Reading List Of Things Liberals Believe appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• 9 Things You Should Know about Guaidó, Venezuelan Opposition Leader

Less than a month ago, Juan Guaidó was virtually unknown. Now the world’s eyes are on him as the main leader of political opposition to the government of Nicolás Maduro in Venezuela. In a matter of days he activated the Venezuelan opposition, and today he has been sworn in as interim president of Venezuela in the middle of a deep economic and social crisis that has affected the country and the church for years. Here are nine things you should know about Juan Guaidó and what is happening in the

in Christian Current Events

• 9 Things You Should Know About Prohibition

One hundred years ago today, the Eighteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution was ratified, prohibiting “intoxicating liquors” in the United States and launching the era known as Prohibition. Here are nine things you should about Prohibition and how the religiously inspired temperance movement transformed America. 1. The roots of Prohibition were planted in the pre-Civil War era. From the 1790s to the 1830s, the religious revival known as the Second Great Awakening strengthened the role of Pro

• Life without God Is Weird

I think logic and argument can suggest God. I have personally benefited from apologists like William Lane Craig, who do this well. Of course, this is not the only way to suggest God. It’s possible to make God plausible, not as the conclusion of a thread of reasoning, but as the premise of human experience. This approach says, in effect, “if God doesn’t exist, so much of life—so much of what we simply assume everyday in the way we function—becomes mysterious and inexplicable.” Such a strategy i