The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

WILLIAMS: Bad Men, Good Presidents

With the continuing hysteria about Donald Trump's presidency, a few questions come to mind. The first: Can a bad man become a good president? The second: Does one's being a good man guarantee he'll be a good president? Third: Does having a good president require a good man? Is there any evidence of Lord Acton's argument that "great men are almost always bad men"?

View the full article

Oh my, would we have been better off with Mrs. Clinton? Absolutely not, Mrs. Clinton is a major player in supporting the murder of babies! Its high time to quit this junk of taring Mr.Trump to pieces. Yes Mr. Trump was the lessor of the two evils. Mr. Trump is an immoral man but we knew that from the first. Married three times, and he used his own money to buy the presidency, just what did we expect? Mr. Trump is a rough business man and we see by the men he has kept near him,they are dishonest lawyers. We got just what we voted for...the lessor of two evil people. Maybe a better republican will run against him in 2020, at least I hope so. 

Mr. Trump runs the White House like he owns it, he fires people left and right, he can't keep his mouth shut. Lets face it he has done some good things, and he has messed up too. So what is our responsibility as Followers of Christ Jesus? Pray for him and our government.

• Like 1