Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Pst Propser

Your Sins are Already Forgiven

Recommended Posts

Friend, I have come to you with a glad tidings of joy!!!.

It doesn’t matter how bad and how wicked a life you’ve lived in the past.

It doesn’t matter how much you’ve lived your life to serve wickedness and sins

It doesn’t matter how much you’ve rejected God and pursued your own filthy lucre.

I have good news for you!  Your sins have already been forgiven!

Someone paid the price for your sins and paid for you in advance.

That same person is Jesus Christ!

Hear what the scriptures says  2Cort 5:19  19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

See the underlined text above. God is no longer imputing your sins unto you. That means your sins are not the issues. God had already forgotten that.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

God has been merciful to your unrighteousness and he no longer remembers your sins.

Why is this so? Jesus paid the price for your sins when he shed his blood on the cross of Calvary for your sakes. You therefore no longer have a sin problem. Your problem is in accepting the sacrifice made for your sins. You problem is in your willingness to come to him who already paid the ultimate price to set you free.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

No matter how bad you think your past was, Jesus can wipe it out and make you come out clean.

Will you come to him today and find rest for your soul?

Please say after me

Lord Jesus, I thank you because you died for me; and on the third day, you rose up for my justification.

Thank you for the sacrifice you made for me on the cross of Calvary.

I accept you into my life today as my Lord and personal savior. Wipe out all my sins and write my name in the book of life. From today, I declare that I am born again. I declare that my sins are forgiven and my names are written in the book of life. Thank you Jesus.

Congratulations if you have said that prayer.

Please send me a message so can rejoice with you, and also send some materials to help you grow in this new journey.

Visit my Blog here to read more of my posts [MODERATION] URL REMOVED. NO SELF PROMOTION OR SOLICITATION

God bless you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
4 hours ago, Pst Propser said:

I accept you into my life today as my Lord and personal savior. Wipe out all my sins and write my name in the book of life. From today, I declare that I am born again. I declare that my sins are forgiven and my names are written in the book of life. Thank you Jesus.

Was with you up until this point. Then some horrible theology surfaced.

 

Consider what you wrote, "Wipe out all my sins and write my name in the book of life. " and read when the Elect's name were written in the book of life.. Revelation 13:8

 

Consider what you wrote, "From today, I declare that I am born again." and read Ephesians 2:1;2:5 as to when you were made alive (born again, from above, rebirth, regenerated).

 

Consider what you wrote, "I declare that my sins are forgiven and my names are written in the book of life." and what the Scriptures actually teach, declare the truth of the Word of God, and gives thanks to Him only for your Salvation - Soli Deo Gloria!

 

4 hours ago, Pst Propser said:

Please send me a message so can rejoice with you, and also send some materials to help you grow in this new journey.

Visit my Blog here to read more of my posts http://thegracecorner.blogspot.com/

We do not allow self promotion, please read our rules. There's nothing wrong with sharing the word of God, so I let you slide this time but please be courteous of our Terms of Service.

 

Lemme leave you on a positive note and welcome you to CF! I found your thread title rather curious, and if I may offer you something to consider. Before you trusted in God, asked for forgiveness, or converted to Christianity the Crucifixion of Christ was already a historical fact. Mind you, your rebirth already had taken place and tis why you're even drawn to the Lord (John 6:44) OT saints had a forward looking faith towards Christ's coming which was promised to them since Genesis 3:15; Job 19:25 (probably oldest book in the bible). They offered up temporary sacrifices to atone for their sins, but Christ's death and resurrection fulfilled the sacrificial law for all those whose faith was in the coming Messiah. NT saints have a historical (rearward) faith of salvation as they look back at the Messiah's already coming and what He accomplished.

 

Today, you have contributed nothing to your salvation. From beginning to end (Ephesians 1:3-14) this isn't your doing. The only thing you have contributed to your salvation was the sin that made it necessary. Congratulations, God loved the Elect despite the way they were, He isn't finished, but Sanctification is a lifelong process to glorification Romans 8:29-30.

 

Soli Deo Gloria!

 

God bless,

William

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your contribution and suggestion. 

However, i like to also call your attention to the fact that, even though our salvation is concluded before the foundation of the world, as you pointed out in Eph 2:2, 2:5, This remain a potential until the sinner come forward to accept it by faith. It is the day he comes out to accept this that he is fully restored into his right to the book of life and forgiveness of sin. If this is not so, why do we still have many people going to hell when the work has already been completed before the foundation of the world?

May God help us to see clearly always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
2 hours ago, Pst Propser said:

Thanks for your contribution and suggestion. 

However, i like to also call your attention to the fact that, even though our salvation is concluded before the foundation of the world, as you pointed out in Eph 2:2, 2:5, This remain a potential until the sinner come forward to accept it by faith. It is the day he comes out to accept this that he is fully restored into his right to the book of life and forgiveness of sin. If this is not so, why do we still have many people going to hell when the work has already been completed before the foundation of the world?

May God help us to see clearly always.

It never surprises me when people point to themselves and what they had done.

 

Obviously, no soli deo gloria

😞

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WilliamWhat about the verses below which are some examples regarding accepting Jesus?  I understand what you are saying but it appears as if the believer also has a role.  See the verses below:

 

The Gospel is centred around the death of Jesus for our sins on the cross and the resurrection. These Bible verses tell of the salvation there is in accepting Christ as Lord and saviour.

If you confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised him from death, you will be saved. For it is by our faith that we are put right with God; it is by our confession that we are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)

 

Anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

 

Since you have accepted Christ Jesus as Lord, live in union with him. Keep your roots deep in him, build your lives on him, and become stronger in your faith, as you were taught. And be filled with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:6-7)

 

Jesus is the one of whom the scripture says, ‘The stone that you the builders despised turned out to be the most important of all.’ Salvation is to be found through him alone; in all the world there is no one else whom God has given who can save us. (Acts 4:11-12)

 

It is through faith that all of you are God’s children in union with Christ Jesus. You were baptized into union with Christ, and now you are clothed, so to speak, with the life of Christ himself. (Galatians 3:26-27)

 

We were God’s enemies, but he made us his friends through the death of his Son. Now that we are God’s friends, how much more will we be saved by Christ’s life! But that is not all; we rejoice because of what God has done through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has now made us God’s friends. (Romans 5:10-11)

 

As Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the desert, in the same way the Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior. (John 3:14-17)

 

Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Do you believe because you see me? How happy are those who believe without seeing me!” (John 20:28-29)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CDF47I sincerely appreciate you for this contribution. I personally find it difficult to understand why believers refused to see that in every provision of God, man has is own part to play as well as God. Any faith that makes God fully responsible without any contribution of men is an irresponsible faith.

Every man who entered the Faith's Hall of fame  in Heb 11 did something despite the fact that they were all predestined and foreknown by God.

God is ever constant in his provisions to mankind, but it is our response that determine what becomes our lot in all.

May God give us understanding. Amen

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
6 hours ago, CDF47 said:

@WilliamWhat about the verses below which are some examples regarding accepting Jesus?  I understand what you are saying but it appears as if the believer also has a role.

Wish you fellas could get together in one discussion. I think, @Grafted Branch has a lot to offer:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
22 hours ago, Pst Propser said:

It is the day he comes out to accept this that he is fully restored into his right to the book of life and forgiveness of sin. If this is not so, why do we still have many people going to hell when the work has already been completed before the foundation of the world?

 

Because they're believing in the garbage like this rather than in the saving object of faith?

 

2 hours ago, Pst Propser said:

@CDF47I sincerely appreciate you for this contribution. I personally find it difficult to understand why believers refused to see that in every provision of God, man has is own part to play as well as God. Any faith that makes God fully responsible without any contribution of men is an irresponsible faith.

Every man who entered the Faith's Hall of fame  in Heb 11 did something despite the fact that they were all predestined and foreknown by God.

God is ever constant in his provisions to mankind, but it is our response that determine what becomes our lot in all.

May God give us understanding. Amen

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for either Pst Propser or CDF47. I see you mention foreknowledge in your posting. If God in his foreknowledge knows that a certain person will not respond to his calling why would he create them in the first place? In 2 Peter 3:9 we read “not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” So why does God create people who will not respond to his calling only to will that they would respond to his calling? Is God divided against himself?

 

   I will tell you from my experiences the most common and favorite answer goes something like this “God gives everyone a chance and if by their own free will they reject his calling then they will have no excuse “. The problem with this is if Gods foreknowledge is perfect and absolute then he knows for certain what someone will do before they do it. God can’t give a chance because he already knows the outcome. Chance itself means unpredictable outcome. If you then say Gods foreknowledge does allow for chance or the possibility of accepting or rejecting Gods call then prophesy will be in doubt. What if the man Antichrist were to accept Christ as his savior based on the chance or opportunity given him by God? That is why this answer doesn’t make sense to me.

 

   I am not trying to quarrel with you but I have never heard a reasonable answer to this apparent conflict in the scriptures other than T.U.L.I.P. So help me understand how you resolve this.

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grafted Branch said:

I have a question for either Pst Propser or CDF47. I see you mention foreknowledge in your posting. If God in his foreknowledge knows that a certain person will not respond to his calling why would he create them in the first place? In 2 Peter 3:9 we read “not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” So why does God create people who will not respond to his calling only to will that they would respond to his calling? Is God divided against himself?

 

   I will tell you from my experiences the most common and favorite answer goes something like this “God gives everyone a chance and if by their own free will they reject his calling then they will have no excuse “. The problem with this is if Gods foreknowledge is perfect and absolute then he knows for certain what someone will do before they do it. God can’t give a chance because he already knows the outcome. Chance itself means unpredictable outcome. If you then say Gods foreknowledge does allow for chance or the possibility of accepting or rejecting Gods call then prophesy will be in doubt. What if the man Antichrist were to accept Christ as his savior based on the chance or opportunity given him by God? That is why this answer doesn’t make sense to me.

 

   I am not trying to quarrel with you but I have never heard a reasonable answer to this apparent conflict in the scriptures other than T.U.L.I.P. So help me understand how you resolve this.

 

God was curious to what Adam would name the animals in the Garden so it appears His foreknowledge can be limited if He wills it to be.  I think we do have free will to accept the Lord but at the same time we have fate that we will accept Him due to God's foreknowledge.  I think it could be a combination of both fate and free will. I also think of Believe in Jesus and be saved according to Paul so it definitely appears man has a role in the process.

Edited by CDF47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for that answer, I can agree to disagree with some of your thoughts. I think things that happened before the fall of man were unique to that period of time. I have a idea I am working on that you may find interesting but I need to study it more before I agree with it myself completely.

 

   Adam had free will until he ate the forbidden fruit. Eve had no free will. After Satan started speaking Eve was beguiled or completely under Satan’s control. Matthew 6:24 “no man can serve two masters”, this is similar to the current state of humanity, no free will, you are under the control of one master or the other. Adam wasn’t deceived or beguiled 1 Timothy 2:14. This is similar to Christ 1 Peter 2:22.

   So the thought continues like this, because Adam wasn’t deceived he contemplated his choices. Either not eat the fruit and continue to be with God or eat the fruit knowing it means death and be with his wife. Although no time span is noted in Genesis 3:6 there is a semicolon between Eve giving her husband the fruit and Adam eating it. So Adam thinks about it, eats the fruit and takes death so that he can be with his wife. Christ also could have also been with God at anytime Matthew 26:53. Christ took death to be with his bride. Again I need to study this more before I completely agree but it may at least give you insight on my thoughts on free will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Grafted Branch said:

Thank you for that answer, I can agree to disagree with some of your thoughts. I think things that happened before the fall of man were unique to that period of time. I have a idea I am working on that you may find interesting but I need to study it more before I agree with it myself completely.

 

   Adam had free will until he ate the forbidden fruit. Eve had no free will. After Satan started speaking Eve was beguiled or completely under Satan’s control. Matthew 6:24 “no man can serve two masters”, this is similar to the current state of humanity, no free will, you are under the control of one master or the other. Adam wasn’t deceived or beguiled 1 Timothy 2:14. This is similar to Christ 1 Peter 2:22.

   So the thought continues like this, because Adam wasn’t deceived he contemplated his choices. Either not eat the fruit and continue to be with God or eat the fruit knowing it means death and be with his wife. Although no time span is noted in Genesis 3:6 there is a semicolon between Eve giving her husband the fruit and Adam eating it. So Adam thinks about it, eats the fruit and takes death so that he can be with his wife. Christ also could have also been with God at anytime Matthew 26:53. Christ took death to be with his bride. Again I need to study this more before I completely agree but it may at least give you insight on my thoughts on free will.

Nice breakdown of the events prior to the fall of Adam and Eve.  The one part I am not certain about is with Eve in regards to her free will in the Garden.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad you asked, I think most people try to define free will as a choice between good and evil or God and Satan. To prevent any confusion I will start with a definition. My dictionary has this “The power of making free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances or by necessity “. True free will based on this definition can’t exist for us because we are created by God. We can’t escape the “external circumstance” that is God himself. I modify the definition for this discussion to external circumstances except God.

 

   I propose Adam had free will because God created him in our (the trinity) image. I believe this image to include the will of God. Adams will at this point is aligned and in agreement with Gods will. Think of it as something similar to 1John 5:7-8. Adam does dress and keep the garden of Eden and names the animals. This certainly would be considered physical circumstances, however they don’t appear to affect or constrain his will. In Genesis 2:24 it states a man shall cleave unto his wife (Adam doesn’t have a mother or father per say). This statement is the will of God and Adam at this point. When Eve gives Adam the fruit, Adam harkens unto the voice of his wife Genesis 3:17. I don’t think this actually influenced his will because his will is to cleave unto his wife. Remember Adam was not deceived. Free will is lost after eating the fruit, then comes the knowledge of good and evil. However a strong case can be made for Adams will being influenced at the point of harkening because it is one of the reasons the ground is cursed. If this is the case then Adam didn’t have free will.

 

   I propose Eve didn’t have free will because God breathed into Adams nostrils the breath of life. Eve was taken from Adam. This point is somewhat hard to make but in Acts 2:2 there was a mighty rushing wind before the cloven tongues appeared. This word wind can also be translated breath as in Acts 17:25. Something similar to this was given to Adam but not to Eve. In 1 Peter 3:7 the wife is called the weaker vessel. I propose this weakness, before the fall of man, has to do with her will. This is seen when Satan speaks to her and she hears him. We know she hears him because she responds to his question. Examine John 10:4-5 the sheep know Gods voice but a stranger they will not follow, they know not the voice of strangers. Eve has no free will because she doesn’t have the power to prevent the influence and her answer tells us this because it contains a lie. God didn’t say “neither shall he touch it”. At this point neither Adam or Eve know it’s evil because they haven’t eaten the fruit yet. Also we know they are there together because Genesis 3:6 say “and gave also unto her husband with her”. It’s possible that Adam may not have heard or acknowledged Satan’s voice. 

 

   A lot of this is speculation and “reading between the lines” so feel free to question or propose your own thoughts.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 8:59 PM, Pst Propser said:

Friend, I have come to you with a glad tidings of joy!!!.

It doesn’t matter how bad and how wicked a life you’ve lived in the past.

It doesn’t matter how much you’ve lived your life to serve wickedness and sins

It doesn’t matter how much you’ve rejected God and pursued your own filthy lucre.

I have good news for you!  Your sins have already been forgiven!

Someone paid the price for your sins and paid for you in advance.

That same person is Jesus Christ!

Hear what the scriptures says  2Cort 5:19  19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

See the underlined text above. God is no longer imputing your sins unto you. That means your sins are not the issues. God had already forgotten that.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

God has been merciful to your unrighteousness and he no longer remembers your sins.

Why is this so? Jesus paid the price for your sins when he shed his blood on the cross of Calvary for your sakes. You therefore no longer have a sin problem. Your problem is in accepting the sacrifice made for your sins. You problem is in your willingness to come to him who already paid the ultimate price to set you free.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

No matter how bad you think your past was, Jesus can wipe it out and make you come out clean.

Will you come to him today and find rest for your soul?

Please say after me

Lord Jesus, I thank you because you died for me; and on the third day, you rose up for my justification.

Thank you for the sacrifice you made for me on the cross of Calvary.

I accept you into my life today as my Lord and personal savior. Wipe out all my sins and write my name in the book of life. From today, I declare that I am born again. I declare that my sins are forgiven and my names are written in the book of life. Thank you Jesus.

Congratulations if you have said that prayer.

Please send me a message so can rejoice with you, and also send some materials to help you grow in this new journey.

Visit my Blog here to read more of my posts [MODERATION] URL REMOVED. NO SELF PROMOTION OR SOLICITATION

God bless you.

 

However if you have dome something that is against the law, you will face the earthly judge for your sins against the legal officals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...