The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

John McCain is ending his brain cancer treatment, family says

090803-M-1318S-031-768x498.jpg

Arizona Sen. John McCain is ending his medical treatment for brain cancer, his family announced Friday.

McCain was diagnosed with aggressive glioblastoma last summer and had been undergoing treatments.

In a statement posted to his website, the McCain family said:

“Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment. Our family is immensely grateful for the support and kindness of all his caregivers over the last year, and for the continuing outpouring of concern and affection from John’s many friends and associates, and the many thousands of people who are keeping him in their prayers. God bless and thank you all.”

His daughter, Meghan McCain, posted to Twitter on Friday:

“My family is deeply appreciative of all the love and generosity you have shown us during this past year. Thank you for all your continued support and prayers. We could not have made it this far without you – you’ve given us strength to carry on.”

My family is deeply appreciative of all the love and generosity you have shown us during this past year. Thank you for all your continued support and prayers. We could not have made it this far without you – you’ve given us strength to carry on. pic.twitter.com/KuAQSASoa7

— Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) August 24, 2018

His wife, Cindy McCain, also posted. She said:

“I love my husband with all of my heart. God bless everyone who has cared for my husband along this journey.”

I love my husband with all of my heart. God bless everyone who has cared for my husband along this journey. pic.twitter.com/v27sEbboii

— Cindy McCain (@cindymccain) August 24, 2018

McCain was diagnosed last July with an aggressive brain tumor following a blood clot removal above his left eye on July 14, 2017.

His doctors said McCain has glioblastoma, an aggressive cancer.

At the time of diagnosis, support poured in from both sides of the political aisle.

President Donald Trump had said McCain has “always been a fighter,” and he and First Lady Melania Trump “send our thoughts and prayers to Senator McCain, [his wife] Cindy, and their entire family. Get well soon.”

Former President Barack Obama said at the time: “John McCain is an American hero & one of the bravest fighters I’ve ever known. Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against. Give it hell, John.”

View the full article