The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

John McCain To Stop Brain Cancer Treatment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• John Brennan Relieved At Mueller Findings, Says Suspicions Were Wrong

By Whitney Tipton - Former CIA Director John Brennan said Monday morning that he was “relieved” by the Attorney General’s summary of the Mueller report, admitting the findings presented less than he anticipated in terms of criminal activity. “Well, I don’t know if I received bad information but I suspected there was more than there actually was. I am relieved that it’s been determined there was not a criminal conspiracy with the Russian government over our election. I think that’s good news

in Political Conservative News

• FLASHBACK: John Brennan Predicted Additional Mueller Indictments Just Two Weeks Ago

By Chuck Ross - Former Central Intelligence Agency Director John Brennan predicted just two short weeks ago that President Trump’s family members or associates would be indicted in the special counsel’s probe, a forecast that proved far off the mark on Friday after Robert Mueller ended his investigation without issuing new indictments. During an appearance on MSNBC on March 5, Brennan predicted that Mueller would issue indictments related to a “criminal conspiracy” involving Trump or his as

• CNN’s John Berman Tries To Tie Trump To New Zealand Attack

By Nick Givas - Co-host of CNN’s “New Day” John Berman tried to tie President Donald Trump to the New Zealand mosque shooting on Friday, during an interview with GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois. Berman initially asked for Kinzinger’s reaction to the shooting that claimed 49 lives, but then pivoted to Trump and asked if the president’s rhetoric helped cause the massacre. “This is a time where we need the God of the universe to step in and to change people’s hearts,” Kinzinger said. “Bec

• Want to Flourish? Stop Focusing on Yourself

Church signs are famously funny. While the sign outside our church building doesn’t offer pithy sayings, it has been known to elicit a laugh from those who appreciate its irony. Above our church’s name, the sign reads, “Self Help.” It refers to the organization that owns the building where we meet, but many have chuckled at the contrast between those words and the teaching found inside. Unfortunately, though, our culture’s obsession with self shows up in Christian books, blogs, and sermons more

in Christian Current Events

• Activists Vow John Wayne Will Never Work In Hollywood Again

HOLLYWOOD, CA—After a 1971 Playboy interview with John Wayne that was deemed offensive surfaced online, liberal activists took to the streets to boycott the actor, vowing that Wayne will never work in Hollywood again. The post Activists Vow John Wayne Will Never Work In Hollywood Again appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire