The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
News Feeder

Dennis Quaid Says He's 'Really Nervous' About Playing Ronald Reagan In New Film

Ronald Reagan was a divisive figure in his heyday (nowhere near as divisive as President Trump, but there are similarities). Liberals hated him (even though he won California twice). He was mocked as stupid, vapid and over his head throughout his two terms in the White House. But as time passed, Reagan's stature has grown steadily. America did enjoy a resurgence under his watch, and even historians acknowledge that as fact.

View the full article

My family, we lived in CA when Reagan was governor. He raised property twice and sales tax too. I felt he demonstrated nothing much that qualified him to be president. I did not like him as a President either. Mr. Trump he is better than Mrs. Clinton.would have been.

I am wondering if Mrs. Trump will stay with Mr. Trump after his presidency is over.His immoralities with several women has to hurt her a lot. Then there is the people that Mr. Trump has selected to be his closest advisors. Several have been convicted for illegal things.

I can't speak for anyone else, but hope there is someone who will run against Mr. Trump as we deserve someone who does not have a immoral past and runs the country like a TV program. I have seen no fruit that would indicate  Mr. Trump has become a Follower of Jesus Christ,

Just as an added opinion of mine, Trade Wars and the end results turns out for consumers to bare the brunt of these Trade Wars with paying more for everything.

Mr. Trump has proven if you have enough money you too can buy yourself into being President......Trump did.

Staff

From George Washington to Donald Trump.. they all have this in common.

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 

I believe some were put there to bring us to our knees just as the kings in the OT