The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Aretha Franklin Didn’t Leave A Will

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Appeals Court Rejects Chelsea Manning's Effort to Leave Jail

A federal appeals court rejected a bid by former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning to be released from jail. View the full article

in Military

• Why Should One Leave Dispensationalism?

Joe Vusich     I graduated from The Master's Seminary, one of the leading Dispensationalist seminaries of our day. It's a fine school, I received a good education there, and I love John MacArthur and the other professors. But as I continued to study theology and the Scriptures after graduating (I was still a Dispensationalist for four years after finishing my studies), I began to see some big problems with the overall system, which left me concluding that Dispensationalism is based on a

in Premillennialism

• Rod Rosenstein Will Leave Justice Department In March

By Chuck Ross - Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein plans to leave the Justice Department in mid-March, agency officials told news outlets on Monday. According to CNN, a Justice Department official said that Rosenstein’s departure is not related to a controversy surrounding his alleged offer wear a wire during conversations with President Trump. Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe claimed in an interview that aired Sunday that Rosenstein broached the idea of wearing a wire to the W

in Political Conservative News

• Justin Fairfax Employer Puts Him On Leave After Multiple Sexual Assault Allegations |

By Grace Carr - Democratic Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax’s employer placed him on leave pending an investigation after two women levied allegations of sexual assault against the lieutenant governor. “During the investigation, Justin Fairfax has taken a leave of absence from Morrison & Foerster,” law firm chairman, Larren M. Nashelsky, said in a statement, according to The Washington Examiner. Fairfax is a lawyer at M&F, an international law firm with 16 offices located throughou

in Political Conservative News

• When Should I Leave a Church?

There are times when Christians have no choice but to leave their church, such as when they move to a different city. At other times, churches may send members out to help plant a new congregation. But is it ever right to leave a church because you disagree with the leaders or don’t like the music? Sam Allberry, Juan Sánchez, and Afshin Ziafat sat down to discuss wrong—and right—reasons to leave a church. They consider what steps a church member should take before leaving, such as meeting w

in Christian Current Events