The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

WILLIAMS: Enough's Enough

During the weekend of Aug. 4-5 (and the preceding Friday night), 12 Chicagoans were shot dead, and 62 others were shot and wounded, the Chicago Tribune reported. Before last week's mayhem, 1,718 Chicagoans had been shot since the beginning of the year, and 306 had been murdered. Adding to this tragedy is the fact that Chicago's clearance rate is less than 15 percent.

View the full article

Staff

YUP!

I wonder if there is any correlation between cities that have many shootings and the number of solid Bible believing churches in those cities? Has Christianity and those Bible believing churches been forced to go outside these violent cities? Like Sodom has God removed His protection because of the wickedness, and the people who have rejected God?

I wonder if God has allowed so many natural disasters to happen this year, in places because of open rejection of God and the Word? The massive fire's in many of the most liberal of states? States that flaunt and promote the manufacturing and selling of pot, is that one reason for Gods judgement in the form of massive fires and floods like we haven't seen in recorded history? 

Today most people no longer believe that natural disaster's are Gods way of bringing His wrath on nations, states, and cities, as well on people for their complete rejection of God, His Son Jesus Christ and the WORD. I doubt there is much of anything that will bring down the men and women who support the murdering of Gods little ones by abortion! These shipwrecked souls with hardened hearts not only openly  support homosexuality, they voted these perverts into public office,  and they praise  the LGBQT movement.  These perverts are even promoting and encouraging these sinful lifestyles in primary school grades, and through out all the school grades.

IMO many of these "natural" disasters are Gods judgement for the evil doings, and for allowing such wickedness to eb in our cities, states, and our country. 

I welcome your thoughts and ideas.

Staff

Northern California is a lot conservative north of Woodland . Had San Francisco fallen in the ocean i would agree.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Just Mike said:

I wonder if there is any correlation between cities that have many shootings and the number of solid Bible believing churches in those cities? Has Christianity and those Bible believing churches been forced to go outside these violent cities? praise  the LGBQT movement.  These perverts are even promoting and encouraging these sinful lifestyles in primary school grades, and through out all the school grades.

I have to think back to the Jonestown massacre when a conservative tv affiliate did a story on it using material that was deemed lost during the original  investigation. Your assertion is that if the crime wave was that bad people would start looking for religious freedom in the suburbs. If that's correct then I might wish to tell you the rest of the Jonestown mass suicide orchestrated by Jim Jones himself . The lost evidence that was recovered was an audio tape of the last moments that Jones was telling his congregation that death was better than life while he and his associates were handing out the deadly cyanide laced Kool-Aid . As he spoke words of encouragement and the " beauty of death " by drinking the deadly solution  the congregation was actually cheering him on as they consumed the poison . In the background were shouts of " yea,,amen,,," coupled with shouts of joy while they consumed the deadly drink . They offered no resistance to their pending death . In all over nine hundred and seventy five people died while submitting to the mentally insane Jones . When it was all over the cowardly Jones refused the poison and chose death by a single gun shot wound to the head . What I am saying is that the pastors of churches located in high crime areas have a monopoly on their congregations ,knowing that they would never leave the church and relocate to the suburbs ! In case you want proof just tune in to one of these phony " Christian channels " on tv and see the devotion many of the congregations  have for their fake pastors and their ability to control their sermons laced with lies and deceptions !

Well Matthew; Jonestown / Waco / even the Haleybop Comet kids  were true believers in carefully concocted lies. The number of dead were small compared to the millions who perished (and depending on whether you ascribe to Luther or the Pope) and ended in Hell or Purgatory for giving their souls to Hitler / Stalin / etc.(the list of is endless). Whether you're a gangbanger under a pimp with a crew of two;ordered to kill a rival drug-pusher for his corner spot  or one of a legion of demon fueled Hutu's commiting genocide on the Tutsi tribe in Africa makes no difference. False prophets have the gift of mass-hypnosis(what else can I call it ?)  "Hey;Joe, quit yer job;leave yer family, and come help me murder the folks in the next suburb and steal all their stuff ! " (answer)  :DUH ! OK Mr. Lucifer;lemmie go git ma gun !" Yes natural disasters are escalating. One area in Oklahoma went from 6 or so minor earthquakes a year to 60+ in the last 30 yrs. Hurricanes have gone from beachfront wreckers and fish in your engine compartment to millions being evacuated/relocated from Louisiana and Bangladeshs 250,000 dead from raging waters.Yes ,too, the decline in Bible teaching for the young. Faith;morals,ethics,social responsibility are all politically incorrect today. Fake news and corrupt govt. have been around since Cain said;"What brother ?"The devil seems to have a thousand little plans which are all coming together in the 21st. century. Mother Theresa said she quit praying for GOD to fix things and started asking for the strength to make changes herself ! There's a lesson there;I think. 4 presidents sent troops to Afganistan and they never burned hundreds of Christian churches with the worshippers still inside,(per TIME mag) like the Jehadi's do in Syria.Work for sanity/change locally / pray for those suffering globally / and hope GOD will bless our efforts. What else can we do ?

Edited by pastor marty
forgot a question mark

On 8/18/2018 at 6:00 AM, News Feeder said:

During the weekend of Aug. 4-5 (and the preceding Friday night), 12 Chicagoans were shot dead, and 62 others were shot and wounded, the Chicago Tribune reported. Before last week's mayhem, 1,718 Chicagoans had been shot since the beginning of the year, and 306 had been murdered. Adding to this tragedy is the fact that Chicago's clearance rate is less than 15 percent.

View the full article

I heartily agree and in every walk of life this must, aggressively be contained for sans that action, it will swamp the nation.  But being 73 and having watched this nation slide deeper and deeper into this ocean of sin for better than 53 years I have little faith that we will recover before the Tribulation and the Rapture/

Staff

We Christians are His people 

2Ch 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 

We Christians are who He is talking  to not the world, us. 'Us' across the denominational lines . Yes we need to vote but voting is not our salvation He alone is, Voting is not our country's salvation He is.