The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Don Carson on What To Do with ‘That’s Just Your Interpretation’

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Biden May Choose Stacey Abrams As His 2020 Running Mate So People Don’t Think He’s ‘Another Old White Guy’

By Molly Prince - Former Vice President Joe Biden is considering launching a 2020 presidential announcement with failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams as his running mate, according to a report published Thursday. Biden’s top advisors have been in discussions to add Abrams to the top of the ticket in an attempt to show Americans that the former vice president “isn’t just another old white guy,” reported Axios. After her unsuccessful run for governor in 2018, Abrams had been

in Political Conservative News

• Church Planter, Don’t Underestimate the Overlooked

I’ll never forget the day the Holy Spirit smacked me across the head with a middle-aged woman. Anna is a 32-year-old with a developmental disability. She came to faith a couple years into our church plant. Baptizing her was one of the clearest points of God’s kindness in my ministry so far. Anna is a wonderful, faithful member of our church—but she’s not going to direct a ministry or lead a Bible study anytime soon. In fact, she struggles to read and comprehend the Bible for herself. Anna doe

in Christian Current Events

• Don’t Be Individualistic in Evangelism

The priority of evangelism is incontrovertible according to the Bible. And yet, most Christians probably feel they don’t do enough of it. Perhaps one reason is that we tend to think of evangelism as an individualistic endeavor. Yes, we must share the gospel as individuals. But exclusively lone-ranger evangelism is far from the biblical ideal. While some people prioritize individual proclamation, others emphasize the importance of community in evangelism. Both are good ways of thinking. But we

• Don’t Put Your Hope in Date Night

Running a nonprofit ministry geared toward moms of young children means our inbox continually fills with questions about parenting and marriage. One of the most frequent is, “How do you do date night?” As married moms of littles, we understand firsthand where this is coming from. Like our podcast listeners, we look for reasons to hire a babysitter and spend one-on-one time with our spouses. Out-of-the-house date night without children in tow feels like the secret ingredient to a healthy marriag

• How to Be a Friend at All Times (Even When You Don’t Have Time)

One day each month I open the mailbox and find a delightful surprise. Mixed in with the bills and junk mail is a beautiful magazine: Southern Living. I gaze at the cover photo of a delicious-looking pie or beautifully decorated room, and—for just a moment as I linger on the front porch—I imagine baking the pie or chatting with a friend in the beautiful room. And then I walk back through my front door to at least one (but likely three) little boys clamoring for my attention. So I lay the magazin