The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Christian College Drops Sex Standards in Law School Bid

Trinity Western University abandons its community covenant after Canadian Supreme Court loss.

83173.jpg?w=460

Two months after Canada’s Supreme Court ruled against what would have been the country’s first Christian law school, Trinity Western University (TWU) has dropped its controversial community covenant.

TWU’s quest to open a law school had stalled in court for years after several provincial law societies refused to accredit would-be graduates, citing the covenant’s prohibition of sex outside of traditional marriage. Canadian law schools require the approval of provincial law societies to operate.

Last Thursday, TWU’s board of governors decided to drop the covenant altogether.

“Let there be no confusion regarding the board of governors’ resolution; our mission remains the same,” said Robert Kuhn, TWU’s president, in a statement. “We will remain a biblically-based, mission-focused, academically excellent university, fully committed to our foundational evangelical Christian principles.”

While students will no longer be subject to the covenant, signing it will remain mandatory for faculty, staff, and administrators, according to reporting by Inside Higher Ed.

“The university will actively work to determine ways in which our Christian identity, mission, and ministry can continue to be strengthened, communicated, and better lived-out in the context of the TWU community–while simultaneously welcoming and affirming the unique value of each member of our diverse student body,” stated Kuhn.

Kuhn also pushed back on the idea that the initial policy had discriminated against would-be LGBT students.

“There is no restriction,” Kuhn told the Vancouver Sun. “We welcome, and have for decades, individuals who wish to study in a Christian environment. ...

Continue reading...

ctmag?d=yIl2AUoC8zA ctmag?i=N3sHwHslWCk:It9HE7J7kmU:F7zBnMyn0Lo ctmag?i=N3sHwHslWCk:It9HE7J7kmU:V_sGLiPBpWU ctmag?d=qj6IDK7rITs ctmag?i=N3sHwHslWCk:It9HE7J7kmU:gIN9vFwOqvQ ctmag?d=bcOpcFrp8Mo
N3sHwHslWCk

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this