The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
davy

Who is The Babylon Harlot of Revelation?

Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation?

• European Union, Brussels
    • Rome
    • New York
    • Bagdad
    • Moscow
    • Jerusalem
    • London
    • Peking

15 hours ago, CDF47 said:

See the video above.  I know it is SDA and I am not SDA but I think they got some of this correct.  

Revelation 13:11-14

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the
beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 

What do you do with the word "He" personal pronoun, A human male?

I personally believe in a future human man as the antichrist/1st beast, and I believe "He" will be of Jewish/Hebrew decent.

As the verse below strongly suggest, his fathers were Jews/Hebrews who worshipped the true "God"?

Daniel 11:37KJV

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

I believe the 2nd beast will also be a human man "He" and will come on the scene as an established world religious leader?

The "Two Horns" and lamb suggest that his religious belief and teachings will emulate the sheep fold and christianity, a wolf in sheeps clothing?

I believe somebody holding a world platform such as the Pope, Billy Graham?

Edited by Truth7t7

6 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

What do you do with the word "He" personal pronoun, A human male?

I personally believe in a future human man as the antichrist/1st beast, and I believe "He" will be of Jewish/Hebrew decent.

As the verse below strongly suggest, his fathers were Jews/Hebrews who worshipped the true "God"?

Daniel 11:37KJV

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

I believe the 2nd beast will also be a human man "He" and will come on the scene as an established world religious leader?

The "Two Horns" and lamb suggest that his religious belief and teachings will emulate the sheep fold and christianity, a wolf in sheeps clothing?

I believe somebody holding a world platform such as the Pope, Billy Graham?

I believe the human male is the anti-christ.  I believe that is the last pope.  I believe the second beast of Revelation is the US government.  I don't believe in any Sunday Law or anything like that which SDA believe in.  

39 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

I believe the human male is the anti-christ.  I believe that is the last pope.  I believe the second beast of Revelation is the US government.  I don't believe in any Sunday Law or anything like that which SDA believe in.  

The verse below would strongly teach that the beast and false prophet represent human male men that have physical bodies.

Personal Pronouns "He" "His" "Him" & "These Both" were cast alive?

I believe this rules out the US government?

Revelation 19:20KJV

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Daniel 7:11KJV

I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Edited by Truth7t7

Staff

IS the phase 'antichrist' found in The Revelation of Christ?

4 minutes ago, Becky said:

Nope, neither is rapture, trinity, or millennium?

Common terms understood?

Man of sin, little horn, man of lawlessness, son of perdition?

Edited by Truth7t7

6 minutes ago, Truth7t7 said:

The verse below would strongly teach that the beast and false prophet represent human male men that have physical bodies.

Personal Pronouns "He" "His" "Him" & "These Both" were cast alive?

I believe this rules out the US government?

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Beasts are kingdoms, governments, or political powers.  See Daniel 7:23.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Becky said:

Two verses are below (there are more in the Scriptures):

1 John 2:18 “Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.”

1 John 2:22 “Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.”

Edited by CDF47

6 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Beasts are kingdoms, governments, or political powers.  See Daniel 7:23.  

The four beasts represents Kings/Rulers human male men, with physical earthly bodies.

Daniel 7:17KJV

17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Edited by Truth7t7

1 minute ago, Truth7t7 said:

The four beasts represents King/Rulers human male men, with physical earthly bodies.

17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Yes, it can also refer to the human leaders of the kingdoms.

Staff

YUP John is not The Revelation of Jesus Christ  The term is used 5 times #5 has an added s

11 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Yes, it can also refer to the human leaders of the kingdoms.

As you can clearly see, personal pronouns "He" "His" "Him" refers to a physical human male body. 

20 And the beast was taken, and with himthe false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Daniel 7:11KJV

I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Edited by Truth7t7

Just now, Becky said:

YUP John is not The Revelation of Jesus Christ  The term is used 5 times #5 has an added s

Yeah, that's right.

Just now, Truth7t7 said:

As you can clearly see, personal pronouns "He" "His" "Him" refers to a physical human male body. 

20 And the beast was taken, and with himthe false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Yeah, I believe these are the heads of earthly powers.  

6 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Yeah, that's right.

Yeah, I believe these are the heads of earthly powers.  

I agree, heads of nations Kings/Rulers with physical human bodies.

I believe the little horn/beast/man of sin/antichrist will be a King/Ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent.

I believe the false prophet will be a religious figure from apostate christianity, the Pope would be a strong candidate?

I believe both will have physical human bodies living on the earth.

Edited by Truth7t7

Staff
Just now, Truth7t7 said:

I believe the false prophet will be a religious figure from apostate christianity, the Pope would be a strong candidate?

Does the RCC fit the Biblical  description of antichrist?

At this time .they do not deny Jesus is the Christ 

1Jn_2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 

1Jn_4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 
2Jn_1:7  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 

I am not a supporter of the RCC 

1 minute ago, Truth7t7 said:

I agree, heads of nations Kings/Rulers with physical human bodies.

I believe the little horn/beast/man of sin/antichrist will be a King/Ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent, and the false prophet will be a religious figure from apostate christianity, the Pope would be a strong candidate?

I am not sure a king/ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent fits all the criteria of the first beast like the papacy does. 

2 minutes ago, Becky said:

1Jn_2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 

1Jn_4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 
2Jn_1:7  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 

Not in general, no.  I suppose the last pope may deny Him (probably secretly).

11 minutes ago, Becky said:

Jehovahs Witnesses, and Mormons don't deny Jesus is the Christ either?

Even the devils believe Jesus is the Christ?

Im not saying the RCC as a org, the Pope as an individual I believe could fit the bill for the "False Prophet"?

If you study and understand roman catholicism, salvation is in the sacraments of the religion, not the finished work on calvary.

The Pope is the "Vicar Of Christ" God's only voice on earth?

Every christian denomination outside of the RCC are "separated brethren", they believe salvation is within the doors of the RCC?

Roman Catholicism is a false religion, under the guise of the cross of calvary.

Edited by Truth7t7

29 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

I am not sure a king/ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent fits all the criteria of the first beast like the papacy does. 

In the bible "God Of His Fathers" is specifically reserved to the Jew/Hebrew, as the future King/Beast seen below, who will speak against the God of gods.

Daniel 11:36-37KJV

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Genesis 46:1KJV

And Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices unto the God of his father Isaac.

2 Kings 21:22KJV

And he forsook the Lord God of his fathers, and walked not in the way of the Lord.

2 Chronicles 17:4KJV

But sought to the Lord God of his father, and walked in his commandments, and not after the doings of Israel.

Edited by Truth7t7

Staff

Gal 3:28  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 
Gal 3:29  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. 

Staff

I will leave you guys to your discussion at least for a while  :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

Two verses are below (there are more in the Scriptures):

1 John 2:18 “Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.”

1 John 2:22 “Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.”

Beasts are kingdoms, governments, or political powers.  See Daniel 7:

You are right about beasts are representing governments. Realize this: antichrist is a movement to pervert the gospel and offer a counterfeit that will not save anyone. In 1 John he is specifically addressing spirits of that movement. Thus, try the spirits (1 John 4:1). A false prophet, by definition, must claim to represent Jesus Christ but doesn't.   :RpS_thumbup:

26 minutes ago, Becky said:

Gal 3:28  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 
Gal 3:29  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. 

I agree with the scripture, however the RCC teaches another gospel, just as the JW's and Mormons do.

Your more than welcome to interact, enjoy the company!

6 minutes ago, deade said:

You are right about beasts are representing governments. Realize this: antichrist is a movement to pervert the gospel and offer a counterfeit that will not save anyone. In 1 John he is specifically addressing spirits of that movement. Thus, try the spirits (1 John 4:1). A false prophet, by definition, must claim to represent Jesus Christ but doesn't.   :RpS_thumbup:

The four beasts represents Kings/Rulers human male men, with physical earthly bodies.

Edited by Truth7t7

20 minutes ago, Becky said:

I will leave you guys to your discussion at least for a while  :classic_smile:

Ur more than wecome to jump in, no hard feelings here! ☺️

Edited by Truth7t7

3 hours ago, Becky said:

You make a good point, Becky, so the use of the word "antichrist" for either the first or second beasts of Revelation is a convention based on implication and inference. The claims of the papacy have historically gone beyond popes being Christ's vicars on earth ...

Pope Leo XIII said these things about the role of the Papacy and the Roman Church:

Our thoughts went out towards the immense multitude of those who are strangers to the gladness that filled all Catholic hearts: some because they lie in absolute ignorance of the Gospel; others because they dissent from the Catholic belief, though they bear the name of Christians.

This thought has been, and is, a source of deep concern to Us; for it is impossible to think of such a large portion of mankind deviating, as it were, from the right path, as they move away from Us, and not experience a sentiment of innermost grief. But since We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty...viii

But the supreme teacher in the Church is the Roman Pontiff. Union of minds, therefore, requires, together with a perfect accord in the one faith, complete submission and obedience of will to the Church and to the Roman Pontiff, as to God Himself.ix

AMAZINGDISCOVERIES.ORG

Throughout the centuries of Rome's existence, the popes have regularly claimed to be divine. As the supposed successor of...

Staff

Bare with me a minute ... Margaret Mitchell wrote Gone With the Wind.  What if i decided rename Scarlett in the last chapter?