Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
davy

Who is The Babylon Harlot of Revelation?

Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation?  

6 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation?

    • European Union, Brussels
      0
    • Rome
      2
    • New York
      1
    • Bagdad
      0
    • Moscow
      0
    • Jerusalem
      3
    • London
      0
    • Peking
      0


Recommended Posts

Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation? Per the last verse of Revelation 17, we are told it is a "great city".

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, davy said:

Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation? Per the last verse of Revelation 17, we are told it is a "great city".

I wrote a blog on this about a year ago, instead of me trying to explain it in short form I will just place my blog here. 

 

I will explain what the Holy Spirit has shown me recently, I blogged a blog eight months ago and in the blog I stated that Rev. 17:18 was speaking of Rome,(from my perspective) within two months the Holy Spirit had revealed to me who Babylon was, who the Beast is and who the Harlot is. My opinion is my opinion, I never allow it to supersede God's revelation, in other words I do not hold on to the pride of my opinion. If you want to know who the Harlot, Beast and Babylon is read on.

To start with it is not a City, it is not Rome, Babylon proper, Jerusalem, NYC, it is not the RCC, Mecca or America. HINT: The Harlot and Babylon are two different entities. There is also NO MYSTERY BABYLON, I do not understand why the Church continues to say this, the Angel in 17:7 says this: Rev. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel ? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Since the Angel says I will explain the Mystery of the woman (Harlot) and the beast she rides (Seven Headed Beast) why do we insist that it is still a Mystery and why do we not understand that in Rev. 17:8-18 the Angel explains the Mystery unto us ? Why do we miss what is in plain site ? Mystery (Musterion) in the Greek means Secret by God's Silence, once God reveals the Secret/Mystery, it is no longer a Mystery.

The Seven Headed Beast is explained by the Angel first, many people say it sits on 7 hills, when the passage has nothing to do with hills or location, it is speaking of Seven Rulers who arise, we understand this because in the very next verse it speaks about the Seven Kings. So she sits on Seven Mountains which = Seven Rulers just like the Seven Heads = Seven Kingdoms. Then the Angel says Five have fallen, ONE IS, and one is YET TO COME. This is where we have to use our intelligence a wee bit. Who are these Kings ? Well we see in Rev. 13 when this Seven Headed Beast is described that the Beasts of Daniel are included, the Lion (Babylon) Bear (Persia) and Leopard (Greece) along with Rome which is the Mortal Wound because Satan/hell could not Prevail against the Church, Jesus told Peter that. So we are searching for the other three heads, who can they possibly be ? What is the commonality of the Beasts/Heads that are mentioned ? They each Conquered, Enslaved or Ruled Israel, that is what made them a "BEAST", so we need to go through history and find the other three common Beasts/Heads. Well let's see, after a little thought we should get this fairly easily, Egypt and Assyria Conquered/Enslaved Israel, and the Anti-Christ and his 10 Kings will according to prophecy Conquer Israel (Abomination of Desolation) and thus the Mortal Wound is healed. So let's add this up, and see what the Angel has revealed to us.

Five Kings have fallen (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and Greece) ONE IS (Rome of course was Ruling Israel when John wrote Revelation then Rome received the mortal wound) and one is YET TO COME (The Anti-Christ and his 10 Kings). We understand the Beast with Seven Heads now. This is why the USSR, China, United States, British Empire nor the Ottoman Empire can not be a Beast or one of the Seven Heads, they never Conquered Israel, while Israel/PEOPLE were in the land. The Brits ruled Palestine as did the Ottoman Empire, but God dispersed Israel all over the World, this was why Ezekiel prophesied that Israel would be as "Dead Men's Bones" but we know those dead men's bones came alive again in 1948, so after Rome (mortal wound), and up until 1948, there could be no Beast, because there was no Israel in the land. The Seven Headed Beast is revealed. When the Anti-Christ conquers Jerusalem the mortl woynd will be healed, the Beast will be reengaged. 

Now what does the Angel say about the Harlot/Woman ? Well firstly it says the Water she sat on is Peoples, Nations, Tongues and Multitudes. So right off the bat we understand she is Worldwide. A key is in Rev. 17:16 the Kings in league with the Beast destroy her, but why after all these years of being co-mingled together do they burn her and destroy her ? Because she is ALL FALSE RELIGION, and the Anti-Christ right after the Abomination of Desolation will demand to be Worshiped as the ONLY GOD !! The Anti-Christ will come after Israel, who flees to the Wilderness where God protects them for 1260 days (Rev. 12), he then comes after Christians who became Christians after the Rapture to behead them (Remnant Church Rev. 12:17), and he will destroy Islam, Buddhism and all Religions. He demands worship as the ONLY GOD !! Remember, the Harlot is Judged, this is a Chapter that Judges her. False Religion has the blood of the Saints AND the Martyrs on its hands. (Both sides of the cross)

Ever wonder why the Harlot is HATED by the Kings but when Babylon is destroyed the Kings Cry and Lament her demise ? Because they are TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES !! Babylon is False Government and the Harlot is False Religion. People then say "but what about Rev. 17:18" that verse calls her a city? Well the Angel was only reminding John what he SAW, and the vision was what? A woman with four things imprinted on her head, MYSTERY, Babylon the Great, Abominations of the Earth and Mother of Harlots. The Angel just reminded John that she was BABYLON the Mother of FALSE RELIGIONS. Not a City, but a MEMORY which is repulsive to God the Father. Proof of this is in Rev. 16:19.

There really is no Rev. ch. 17 and 18 as per real time events. Rev. 16 comes right before Rev. 20. Rev. 17 is only the Harlot {False Religion} being destroyed and that happens in Rev. ch. 6, and Rev. 18 is only Babylon or the Last Beast Head of the Seven Headed Beast coming against Israel, getting the plagues of God rained down on them via the Seals, Trumpets and the Vials of God. Rev. 17 and 18 are just an enhanced retelling of things already told, thus in Rev. 16 we are told, IT IS DONE !! 

In Rev. 16 the 6th Vial gathers the Nations against Israel (Anti-Christ/Ten Kings which is Europe and the Kings of the East) and we know who meets them at Meggido don't we ? Jesus our Lord. After he lands on the Mt. of Olives (Zechariah 14) and splits it into (Earthquake). Rev. 16 tells it like this:

Rev. 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. (IT IS DONE !! No Rev. 17 or Rev. 18 exists per se.)

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. 19 And the great city was divided into three parts (Earthquake splits Jerusalem), and the cities of the nations fell: (BABYLON FALLS) and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath

So we see here that BABYLON is a Metaphor for the WHOLE WORLD, God sees the Nations that come against Israel as BABYLON, and gives them the fierceness of his wrath. Of course Jesus lands on the Mt. of Olives and destroys those Nations that come against Israel, that is their demise. God Judges False Religion or the Harlot in Rev 17:16, she is no more after this. This happens when the Anti-Christ places an Image of himself in the Temple and demands all to Worship him, at the MID-WAY POINT or in Rev. 6 and 7.

Babylon is destroyed by God's plagues, Babylon is the Nations that come against Israel (the Whole World, the 6th Vial says the Demon Frogs or Demon Spirits gathers the Kings OF THE WHOLE WORLD) and God destroys her with His Plagues, which are the Seals/Trumpets and Vials. Babylons commerce is no doubt destroyed, that is what plagues do. Babylon is also the habitation of Devils, Satan has been cast to earth and Apollyon and his horde of demons have been released from the pit in Rev. 9. The BOTTOM LINE IS :

The Harlot is FALSE RELIGION

Babylon is FALSE GOVERNMENT that tries to destroy God's people, come after His authority, and deny His Godhead. It is not a City, it represents all that God sees as EVIL.It is Satan's Dark Kingdom on earth. 

Share this post


Link to post

So  this entire portion  of  the Apocalypse  has nothing whatever to do with the original audience ?  Leaving the  opening paragraph with no application .  

I reckon  one of the plainest things in  John's book of  the strange is the obvious contrast  : The  Bride vs the  Whore.  The church as opposed to the apostate  Jews who murdered  Christ in the flesh.  

Edited by Hitch

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:41 AM, davy said:

Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation? Per the last verse of Revelation 17, we are told it is a "great city".

So you need to add "world" to the voter options. I believe the world in its chaos, confusion, and corruption is "that great city" which is synonymous with Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. I particulary enjoy reading the whole of Revelation in the KJV. Such exquisite language upon which to ponder.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Placable37 said:

So you need to add "world" to the voter options. I believe the world in its chaos, confusion, and corruption is "that great city" which is synonymous with Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. I particulary enjoy reading the whole of Revelation in the KJV. Such exquisite language upon which to ponder.

Yes, its the Whole World in a state of Confusion, else they wouldn't be following this man/Beast and Satan. I also love Revelation and Daniel, but I only started getting revelation from God on Revelation/Daniel once I asked the Holy Spirit why he called me to Prophecy in 1986 and I seemed to be stuck (4 or 5 years ago) and the holy spirit was like, Ron, its Men's Traditions, I can't teach people because everyone knows what it means already. So I  pushed aside all preconceptions and started over. 

 

I am on quite a few Christian Forums, but there seems to be a lot of people who don't want to hear God, so  see 40 or 50 different ideas, everyone's doing their own thing you know how that goes. But God has only one truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Staff

About every one 'doing their own thing" will tell  ya "I will explain what the Holy Spirit has shown me recently,"

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Hitch said:

So  this entire portion  of  the Apocalypse  has nothing whatever to do with the original audience ?  Leaving the  opening paragraph with no application .  

I reckon  one of the plainest things in  John's book of  the strange is the obvious contrast  : The  Bride vs the  Whore.  The church as opposed to the apostate  Jews who murdered  Christ in the flesh.  

I believe that is correct sit, Rev. 4:4 states everything past that point is the hereafter/future or after the Rapture. 1/3 of the Jews Repent via Zechariah ch 13. Jesus stated Elijah would restore all things before the Second Coming. Malachi 4:5-6 states that Elijah will turn Israel back unto God Before the Day of the Lord. So Israel repents before the First Seal is opened, that is why the Flee Judea, they of course read Matthew 24 and heed Jesus.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Revelation Ron said:

I believe that is correct sit, Rev. 4:4 states everything past that point is the hereafter/future or after the Rapture. 1/3 of the Jews Repent via Zechariah ch 13. Jesus stated Elijah would restore all things before the Second Coming. Malachi 4:5-6 states that Elijah will turn Israel back unto God Before the Day of the Lord. So Israel repents before the First Seal is opened, that is why the Flee Judea, they of course read Matthew 24 and heed Jesus.

LOL Never mind

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Revelation Ron said:

Five Kings have fallen (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and Greece) ONE IS (Rome of course was Ruling Israel when John wrote Revelation then Rome received the mortal wound) and one is YET TO COME (The Anti-Christ and his 10 Kings).

Good work with this, Revelation Ron.

The OT tells us of the struggle between God's chosen people (Israel) and the pagan empires of Egypt(1), Assyria(2), Babylon(3), Medo-Persia(4), Greece(5), and Political Rome(6). The NT warns of Papal Rome(7)

1Ti 4:1-2
(1)  Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
(2)  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
 

These 7 imperial entities are represented by the 7 heads of the beast from the sea, and they morph into mountains which are then called kings or kingdoms(thus empires). I believe the eighth king is the summation of all the previous empires the beast has been involved in, and embodies the ideology of Rome, namely that Caesar is God. For this reason I like to call the eighth king "Perditious Rome" because of where the beast ends up following this manifestation of spiritual wickedness in high places.

Rev 17:9-11
(9)  And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
(10)  And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
(11)  And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Becky said:

About every one 'doing their own thing" will tell  ya "I will explain what the Holy Spirit has shown me recently,"

You believe people hear the Holy Spirit right ? When there is 50 Ideas on what Babylon is it can't be from the Holy Spirit, because God doesn't confuse us with MANY understandings. If something is of the Holy Spirit we are all supposed to be able to hear it and see it as such. So when I let go of Men's Traditions (understandings) and let God teach me like I did via the Gospels, well....I found out it's still works with the simple basics. 

 

I was taught, basically every whit of Revelation and the timeline/chronological order of Revelation, of course I put 3 or 4 years of work in and lots of prayer. But then again, it's the End Times, when God told Daniel he was going to reveal these things He had locked up until the end. So we are in the right place at the right time. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Placable37 said:

Good work with this, Revelation Ron.

The OT tells us of the struggle between God's chosen people (Israel) and the pagan empires of Egypt(1), Assyria(2), Babylon(3), Medo-Persia(4), Greece(5), and Political Rome(6). The NT warns of Papal Rome(7)

1Ti 4:1-2
(1)  Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
(2)  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
 

These 7 imperial entities are represented by the 7 heads of the beast from the sea, and they morph into mountains which are then called kings or kingdoms(thus empires). I believe the eighth king is the summation of all the previous empires the beast has been involved in, and embodies the ideology of Rome, namely that Caesar is God. For this reason I like to call the eighth king "Perditious Rome" because of where the beast ends up following this manifestation of spiritual wickedness in high places.

Rev 17:9-11
(9)  And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
(10)  And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
(11)  And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.

I used to believe Papal Rome or the Pope could be the False Prophet then I saw it had to be a Jew. Antiochus Epiphanes was an arch type Anti-Christ but he also had a arch type False Prophet in Jason (real name Yeshua) who paid to become High Priest, having his Pious brother Onias III killed and he then sought to push the Jews to become Hellenized. So I think the False Prophet that comes out of the land/earth is a Jewish High Priest.

 

The 8th King is Apollyon, the Demon that is seen in the pit on Rev. 9. He was also of the SEVEN so he was over the Mediterranean Sea Region, he was the Prince of Persia that tried to resist Michael in Daniel ch. 10 for 21 days. Hes now i the pit but will be released, thus he's the 8th King but is of the 7. 

 

Well, I better hit the sack. Good night.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Revelation Ron said:

So I think the False Prophet that comes out of the land/earth is a Jewish High Priest.

We could compare notes about this second beast when you resurface from the Land of Nod.. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Revelation Ron said:

The 8th King is Apollyon, the Demon that is seen in the pit on Rev. 9.

I have no argument with this. All the 7 empires in their aspirations have satanic beings operating in their affairs. Apollyon supercedes them all. The abyss and the sea of sinful humanity are synonymous. The metaphors point us to the volume of unholiness that is inhabited by all things evil, and which gives rise to satanic tyranny.

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 17:15  And he said unto me, The waters which you saw, where the whore sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/16/2018 at 1:41 AM, davy said:

Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation? Per the last verse of Revelation 17, we are told it is a "great city".

Harlot means prostitute. A harlot/prostitute will fornicate with others for money. This symbolism points to the Roman Catholic Church whose religiously-powerful Popes "fornicated" with the politically-powerful Roman Emperor = religious + political power = the Holy Roman Empire(HRE). The HRE dominated Europe from the 4th to the 16th century, ie until the Protestant Reformation led by Martin Luther and the German ruler-princes. The Protestant Reformation resulted in religious wars between Roman Catholic and Protestant rulers that lasted for more than 100 years.

....... This kind of religious-political harlotry is similar to today's Iran(= Ayatollahs) and Saudi Arabia. Shia Iran and Sunni S.Arabia are at loggerheads in the Middle East, eg the Syrian Civil War.

 

This was why the 1776 US Constitution has the principle of "separation of Church and State" wrt political power. Early US settlements/colonies consisted of mostly Protestant war refugees or persecutees from Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, davy said:

Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation? Per the last verse of Revelation 17, we are told it is a "great city".

Jerusalem is the whore, mystery babylon, the future Antichrist of Daniel will be a Jew also.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Revelation Ron said:

I believe that is correct sit, Rev. 4:4 states everything past that point is the hereafter/future or after the Rapture. 1/3 of the Jews Repent via Zechariah ch 13. Jesus stated Elijah would restore all things before the Second Coming. Malachi 4:5-6 states that Elijah will turn Israel back unto God Before the Day of the Lord. So Israel repents before the First Seal is opened, that is why the Flee Judea, they of course read Matthew 24 and heed Jesus.

Is that the verse in Romans that states "All Israel Shall Be Saved"?

 

If yes who is this Israel?

 

All people that are citizens?

 

All people that live within a geographical area?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, discipler77 said:

Harlot means prostitute. A harlot/prostitute will fornicate with others for money. This symbolism points to the Roman Catholic Church whose religiously-powerful Popes "fornicated" with the politically-powerful Roman Emperor = religious + political power = the Holy Roman Empire(HRE). The HRE dominated Europe from the 4th to the 16th century, ie until the Protestant Reformation led by Martin Luther and the German ruler-princes. The Protestant Reformation resulted in religious wars between Roman Catholic and Protestant rulers that lasted for more than 100 years.

....... This kind of religious-political harlotry is similar to today's Iran(= Ayatollahs) and Saudi Arabia. Shia Iran and Sunni S.Arabia are at loggerheads in the Middle East, eg the Syrian Civil War.

 

This was why the 1776 US Constitution has the principle of "separation of Church and State" wrt political power. Early US settlements/colonies consisted of mostly Protestant war refugees or persecutees from Europe.

Revelation 18:24 below shows the Whore is guilty of the "Prophets Blood"

Rome didn't exist to be guilty of this?

 

It also states this whore is guilty of evervbody slain on earth?

 

Revelation 18:24KJV

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

 

The verses below in Matthew 23:34-37 clearly answers Revelation 18:24 above, Jerusalm killed the prophets, and is guilty of the earth's blood?

 

Matthew 23:34-37KJV

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

 

The verse in Ezekiel below clearly shows Jerusalem is the Harlot in Fornication?

 

Ezekiel 16:15KJV

But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

 

Jerusalem is Mystery Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots.

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Toast 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

Revelation 18:24 below shows the Whore is guilty of the "Prophets Blood"

Rome didn't exist to be guilty of this?

Didn't the Roman Catholic Popes impose the Inquisition against "heretics", persecute Galileo for saying that the earth was not flat and want to kill Martin Luther for "protesting" against papal indulgences.? 

....... It's very likely that many of those killed/murdered by the Holy Roman Empire government at the behest of the Roman Catholic Popes were prophets and saints. ...

 

http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Number-of-Protestants-Killed-By-Popes.html - University Study: Estimates of the Number Killed by the Papacy in the Middle Ages and later. David A. Plaisted © 2006

 

REVELATION is a book of prophecy written by apostle John near the end of the 1st century AD(= about 90AD), ie after many Christian prophets and saints had already been martyred by the Jewish Temple authorities and the Roman rulers, eg the martyrdom of Stephen at ACTS.7 and the dastard acts of Saul of Tarsus before his conversion at ACTS.9. In 70AD, the Jewish Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem was completely destroyed by the Roman Army and from then onward, Jews were no longer allowed to stay in Judea(= became Palestine/Philistine).

....... REVELATION talked about things far into the future, eg the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth to destroy the unbelievers at REV.6 & 7. So, it is unlikely that the Babylon Harlot refers to Jerusalem or the Jewish Temple authorities.

 

P S - Similarly, Jesus Christ was killed/murdered by the Gentile-Roman rulers(= Governor Pontius Pilate) at the behest of the Jewish Chief High Priest(= Jewish Temple authorities) through false accusations that Jesus was a heretic Jewish rebel leader, the so-called 'King of the Jews'(JOHN.18:23), out to overthrow the Roman rulers.

....... Bear in mind that only the Roman rulers had the authority to execute/crucify criminals/law-breakers, not the Jewish Temple authorities.

Edited by discipler77

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, discipler77 said:

Didn't the Roman Catholic Popes impose the Inquisition against "heretics", persecute Galileo for saying that the earth was not flat and want to kill Martin Luther for "protesting" against papal indulgences.? 

....... It's very likely that many of those killed/murdered by the Holy Roman Empire government at the behest of the Roman Catholic Popes were prophets and saints. ...

 

http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Number-of-Protestants-Killed-By-Popes.html - University Study: Estimates of the Number Killed by the Papacy in the Middle Ages and later. David A. Plaisted © 2006

 

REVELATION is a book of prophecy written by apostle John near the end of the 1st century AD(= about 90AD), ie after many Christian prophets and saints had already been martyred by the Jewish Temple authorities and the Roman rulers, eg the martyrdom of Stephen at ACTS.7 and the dastard acts of Saul of Tarsus before his conversion at ACTS.9. In 70AD, the Jewish Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem was completely destroyed by the Roman Army and from then onward, Jews were no longer allowed to stay in Judea(= became Palestine/Philistine).

....... REVELATION talked about things far into the future, eg the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth to destroy the unbelievers at REV.6 & 7. So, it is unlikely that the Babylon Harlot refers to Jerusalem or the Jewish Temple authorities.

 

P S - Similarly, Jesus Christ was killed/murdered by the Gentile-Roman rulers(= Governor Pontius Pilate) at the behest of the Jewish Chief High Priest(= Jewish Temple authorities) through false accusations that Jesus was a heretic Jewish rebel leader, the so-called 'King of the Jews'(JOHN.18:23), out to overthrow the Roman rulers.

....... Bear in mind that only the Roman rulers had the authority to execute/crucify criminals/law-breakers, not the Jewish Temple authorities.

Are you preterist in your eschatology?

 

Do you believe Luke 21:24 took place in the 66-70AD Roman destruction of Jerusalem? 

 

Luke 21:24KJV

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Placable37 said:

We could compare notes about this second beast when you resurface from the Land of Nod.. 

Yes, we can share notes brother. I am happy to see you are hip to Apollyon, he is the Scarlet Colored Beast of Rev. 17, he has NO CROWNS because he's not over a worldly Kingdom because he's not flesh and of course Satan is over him in the spiritual realm. 

 

Rev. 12, the Red Dragon (Satan) has 7 CROWNS because he's over the worldly Kingdoms and what's being spoken of in this instance is the Mediterranean Sea Region through the ages, save the 2000 year Church Age where Israel was as Dead Men's Bones.

 

Rev. 13 is the Anti-Christ/Beast of the Sea, that is why there are 10 CROWNS referenced, he is over the 10 Kings who give their power unto him.

 

So we can see who is being spoken of in each instance by the Crowns that are denoted in each chapter. 

 

Had a long week, buying a car out of town etc. etc. Had to get some sleep last night...refreshed now.

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Revelation Ron said:

Yes, we can share notes brother. I am happy to see you are hip to Apollyon, he is the Scarlet Colored Beast of Rev. 17, he has NO CROWNS because he's not over a worldly Kingdom because he's not flesh and of course Satan is over him in the spiritual realm. 

 

Rev. 12, the Red Dragon (Satan) has 7 CROWNS because he's over the worldly Kingdoms and what's being spoken of in this instance is the Mediterranean Sea Region through the ages, save the 2000 year Church Age where Israel was as Dead Men's Bones.

 

Rev. 13 is the Anti-Christ/Beast of the Sea, that is why there are 10 CROWNS referenced, he is over the 10 Kings who give their power unto him.

 

So we can see who is being spoken of in each instance by the Crowns that are denoted in each chapter. 

 

Had a long week, buying a car out of town etc. etc. Had to get some sleep last night...refreshed now.

The details are given for us to exercise wisdom about:

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Rev 17:9-12
(9)  And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
(10)  And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he come, he must continue a short space.
(11)  And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
(12)  And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
 

Re. the the dragon and the first beast, I believe with 7 as the numerical depiction of their heads there is good reason to surmise that complete corporate control is their design, and with the dragon's 7 heads wearing 7 crowns his design is for supreme strategic sovereignty while his 10 horns show his capacity for extreme executive enforcement. Likewise with the first beast except that he has 3 extra crowns and they are all worn not on his 7 heads but on his 10 horns. This configuration is indicative of the satanic empowerment of the beast, whose crowned horns raise the level of historical tyranny to such an extreme that the 3 extra crowns predestine the 2nd beast with the number 666 - here is wisdom in the addition of all numbers from 1 to 36 - and in a man's name at a time when nothing will restrain him from becoming the President Of Planet Earth.  

Rev 13:4
(4)  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev 13:11-12
(11)  And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
(12)  And he exercised all the power of the first beast before him, and caused the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
 

Edited by Placable37
emboldening

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Placable37 said:

The details are given for us to exercise wisdom about:

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Rev 17:9-12
(9)  And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
(10)  And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he come, he must continue a short space.
(11)  And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
(12)  And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
 

Re. the the dragon and the first beast, I believe with 7 as the numerical depiction of their heads there is good reason to surmise that complete corporate control is their design, and with the dragon's 7 heads wearing 7 crowns his design is for supreme strategic sovereignty while his 10 horns show his capacity for extreme executive enforcement. Likewise with the first beast except that he has 3 extra crowns and they are all worn not on his 7 heads but on his 10 horns. This configuration is indicative of the satanic empowerment of the beast, whose crowned horns raise the level of historical tyranny to such an extreme that the 3 extra crowns predestine the 2nd beast with the number 666 - here is wisdom in the addition of all numbers from 1 to 36 - and in a man's name at a time when nothing will restrain him from becoming the President Of Planet Earth.  

Rev 13:4
(4)  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev 13:11-12
(11)  And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
(12)  And he exercised all the power of the first beast before him, and caused the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
 

Think of it like this brother. We have Rev. 12 and it denotes Satan who is going to chase Israel into the Wilderness once he's cast to earth. Of course he's a Demon and must use men, like he did King Herod when he tried to kill baby Jesus. The 7 Crowns point to what Satan told Jesus in Luke 4, that he is over every Kingdom on earth, and if Jesus would just bow down and worship him all of them would be his, because, as Satan stated, it is given me and I do as I will with them. (So the 7 Crowns represent Satan as being the god of this world, which he is.)

 

And think of Rev. 13 as being about a MAN that arises out of the [Mediterranean] Sea and Conquers the whole region, he will be the President of the E.U. and he will Conquer Israel, all of North Africa, and a few nations around Israel, save Jordan where Israel will flee unto. He will go forth Conquering at the First Seal. He will rule for 42 months as the Beast. When he Conquers Jerusalem the BEASTS WOUND will be healed. 

 

The 2nd Beast is a Religious Beast not a Government type Beast. Notice the Harlot (all false religion) is killed off in Rev. 17:16, and there is a MAN that takes the place off all these religions, in other words Islam, Buddhism etc. all will be destroyed and all men will be made t worship the BEAST and the Beast only !! That will be the job of this RELIGIOUS BEAST. (He looks like a Lamb but speaks like a Dragon, he will be a Jewish High Priest.)

 

The Beast (Little Horn/Anti-Christ will be over the Religious Beast or False Prophet. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, discipler77 said:

Harlot means prostitute. A harlot/prostitute will fornicate with others for money. This symbolism points to the Roman Catholic Church whose religiously-powerful Popes "fornicated" with the politically-powerful Roman Emperor = religious + political power = the Holy Roman Empire(HRE). The HRE dominated Europe from the 4th to the 16th century, ie until the Protestant Reformation led by Martin Luther and the German ruler-princes. The Protestant Reformation resulted in religious wars between Roman Catholic and Protestant rulers that lasted for more than 100 years.

....... This kind of religious-political harlotry is similar to today's Iran(= Ayatollahs) and Saudi Arabia. Shia Iran and Sunni S.Arabia are at loggerheads in the Middle East, eg the Syrian Civil War.

 

This was why the 1776 US Constitution has the principle of "separation of Church and State" wrt political power. Early US settlements/colonies consisted of mostly Protestant war refugees or persecutees from Europe.

Yeah, I believe it is the RCC as well.  RCC fits all the criteria of the prophecy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

Jerusalem is the whore, mystery babylon, the future Antichrist of Daniel will be a Jew also.

Allow me to juxtapose a few questions brother as to your point that Jerusalem is the Harlot. And we know as per Jerusalem that means the Jews because an inanimate object (CITY) can't be anything. So on to the pointed questions.

 

1.) Why would Jesus/God, burn up Jerusalem when Jesus is going to reign from Jerusalem for 1000 years ?

 

2.) Why would God destroy the Jews when it clearly states in Zechariah 13 that 1/3 of the Jews repent, and in other places that the Little Horn comes against the  Saints thus the 2/3 who do not repent will be destroyed/killed by him.

 

The vision John saw lasts for only 4 verses !! Rev. 17:3-6 is the vision, verse 1 and 2 is an angel announcing the Harlot is going to be Judged. Verse 7 is an Angel explaining he is about to reveal the MYSTERY unto John, then verses 8-18 is the Angel revealing what was once a Mystery, but is no more. So when the Angel explains who the Woman ( Harlot) riding the Beast is, and they are two entities, at the end he tips John off on their ORIGINS and that is all he does. He tells John, remember what you SAW.....Well what did John see ? A Woman with Babylon tattooed on her forehead which is only one of four descriptors. They are MYSTERY, (Musterion which means Secret by Gods silence) which has been revealed, BABYLON THE GREAT, Abominations of the Earth and Mother of Harlots. 

 

All of these have to do with her origins, or where False Religions were birthed, in Babylon, thus the Babylon the Great on her forehead. The birthplace of all false religion, thus shes the Mother, and an abomination as all idol worship is unto God. She was a Mystery but the Angel explained that f we listen closely, she was birthed in the Babylonian Mystery Religions, shes an Abomination, she is forever linked with Babylon the Great. The Harlot is All False Religions of all time.

 

Mystery, - Babylon EXPLAINED as per the religious side. Why the RCC can't be the Harlot in full is evident when we follow all the clues to their end. Why would anyone follow a Church hierarchy (RCC) that missed the Rapture? I don't see that happening. HINT: here is a little secret tidbit, I am not saying the RCC hierarchy can't be a part of the Harlot, as can other churches but I am saying the RCC is not The Harlot.

The Harlot has to stretch from the beginning of mankind till the end. The Clues mandate this, she has the blood of the Saints AND the Martyrs of Jesus on her hands. The RCC was not even around when all of the Saints were killed. The Harlot is Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Witchcraft, Voodoo, (Baal, Bel, Belios, Zeus and Jupiter are all the SAME God with a little different name hence the Throne of Satan was the Temple to Zeus in Pergamum). All of the Roman gods, all of the Babylonian gods and demi-gods, all of the Egyptian gods are all the same. 

The Mystery Religion of Ancient Babylon or Mesopotamia began post flood, and it is the beginning of paganism, all mankind had just been destroyed. This "Mystery Religion" has been told in many different stories via many religions, it consists of a lot of names of many different gods, but they are in affect all actually the same gods but just different cultures, different times, all the same stories and the explanation to what Mystery Babylon is in its simplest form is that it is simply polytheism and or paganism: SEE BELOW:

Polytheism is the belief in MANY GODS: The true knowledge or the goals of these gods were only given to the few. The high priests and priestess who passed down the religion.They required a sacrifice to the gods and they were the only ones that could commune with the gods. They held the secret knowledge which gave them power over the ones who did not have the knowledge. Well you get the point. 

In Polytheism its always the same structure in most cultures, one man is god, one virgin woman who was the mother of god, and a son of the mother who was impregnated from the male god. 

Paganism = Father god, Mother god and the Son of god. 

Paganism came from the line of Ham via Cush see Genesis ch. 10. He created the rebellion against the real God via the Tower of Babel. They wanted to challenge the power of God. So God just confused their languages and put a stop to this nonsense, but Nimrod arose, he was a Mighty hunter and became leader of the Assyrian/Babylonian Empire. Nimrod began these Mystery Religions, but they spread all around the World hence MYSTERY BABYLON is world wide by the time the Angel explains it to us in Revelation chapter 17. Not quite as deep as I am going to explain it here, but nevertheless, we should be able to understand the Angel. (Just Kidding, though we do know more now because we can look back through time)

Nimrod = sun god
Semiramis = moon goddess, the mother and wife of Nimrod
Tammuz = the son of god.

The Ancient Babylonian god Nebo = Nabu = Nimrod = Ba'al this is the BIRTH of the Occult. It all leads back to Nimrod, and it even goes back further to Cain in reality. The MARK OF CAIN !! 

So we have Nimrod the sun god, Semiramis the moon god and Tammuz the son of god. Nimrod communicated with the Spirit World of course. They performed human sacrifices, he was seen as god, he challenged Gods authority. Now Shem, abhorred or hated these abominations and he killed Nimrod, cut him up and sent him to all the cities Nimrod ruled over to show that he was NOT GOD!! He wanted the people to stop doing what they were doing and to start worshiping and obeying God again. This threw a kink in Satan's plans. BUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT ?


Semiramis happened !! The Mother of Harlots. She was the wife of Cush and the mother of Nimrod, she claimed to be divinely born. She married Nimrod after Cush lost power, her own son. After Nimrod was killed she became pregnant and told everyone it was the "Spirit of Nimrod" that impregnated her. (LOL, LOL). She claimed she was having a "Virgin Birth" from the spirit of Nimrod. 

Her son was going to be the Savior to defeat the serpent when in reality they were worshiping the serpent. She managed to get them to believe that Nimrod ascended to the sun, and she conceived via the sun rays. He was to now be worshiped as Baal, the Sun-god. She made herself a goddess and claimed that she was divinely created, she was in effect the moon-goddess. She had them believing she came from the moon in a giant moon egg. 

The queen of Babylon aka Semiramis became known as the moon-goddess Ishtar. Tammuz was the Son of god or the Sun-god REBORN !! He was killed by a wild pig, Semiramis, now Ishtar stated that he ascended to the sun like his father and they now are a union. Semiramis/Ishtar continued on with her false religious worship and sacrifices, but because of Shem and their constant defeat by God they CHANGED TACTICS, what was once done out in the open would now be done IN SECRET. The Secret Societies so to speak. All of these dark practices would henceforth be done in the dark, it would become a MYSTERY, only completely revealed unto those that were WORTHY !! You know, the high priests and priestesses. Some say the Free Masons etc. etc. 

So now you know what the MYSTERY RELIGION was/is. This is how it was Created. But alas, this Mystery Religion spread amongst all the ancient empires of Babylon, Egypt, Persia, Greece and Rome, this is what Paganism is. The stories may change, the name of the gods may change, but there are ALWAYS THREE CENTRAL FIGURES with a very specific structure. 

The Father god who is the Sun-god.
The Mother god who is the Moon-goddess.
The Son of god who is the Sun-god REBORN. 

Babylon had Nimrod, Semiramis, and Tammuz.

Egypt had Ra, Isis and Horus.

Greece had Zeus, Artemis and Adonis 

Rome had Jupiter, Dianna and Apollo.

The Nordic's had Odin, Joro and Thor.

The Hindu's had Vishnu, Chandra and Krishna 

Satan seeks to confuse and deceive of course. He knew the SEED would bruise his heel (Die and be Resurrected) and thus bruise the Serpents head. So he knew there had to be a Virgin Birth and a death and resurrection to take away the sins of all mankind, so he set out to copy/imitate and deceive the masses with his MYSTERY RELIGION or with ALL FALSE RELIGION worldwide. 

Now did the RCC crossover into some of these erroneous practices? I think they did, they treat Mary more akin to the moon-goddess hence the Madonna and the baby. But they did not introduce the bunny rabbits and eggs however, at least not in America, that seems to have arrived in America via a German tradition in the 1700's. German immigrants who settled in Pennsylvania and transported their tradition of an egg-laying hare called “Osterhase” or “Oschter Haws.” Their children made nests in which this creature could lay its colored eggs. So I think its more of a "European" thing, we in America took the MANY TRADITIONS of the many cultures who migrated here and kind of mixed them all into one bag, the bad and the good. But they did not all come from the RCC. More or less most of these practices are still practiced from IGNORANCE, not from people actually seeking to worship false gods, and with God, He looks at our hearts intent. 

So whenever you see a male god and a female god at the head of the hierarchy and there is a "Virgin Birth" you know this is MYSTERY BABYLON , even if there are 100's of other gods, these three are always at the Head or at the Hierarchy of the MYSTERY BABYLON Religion. Have some of these traditions creeped into the RCC? Well, maybe, but the RCC is not the Great Harlot nor can it be. The Harlot is ALL FALSE RELIGIONS of ALL TIME and it was Birthed by Nimrod in Babylon.

 

This was a little long, but I hope this was informative, its from some of my past studies on Mystery Babylon. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Topics

    • Geneva Bible, Revelation, and the Pope

      In the Geneva Bible Note several verses in Revelation are linked to specific popes and other historical people and events.   (1) And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree: but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. (Rev. 9:4)   (2) And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. (Rev.

      in Bible Study

    • The Babylon Bee Reviews 'Captain Marvel'

      The Marvel Cinematic Universe finally has a female superhero. While it was a strange decision to run with Captain Marvel as the first standalone female hero film---that honor should have gone to Elektra, obviously---there's no denying the boldness and courage of this cinematic outing. A hero unknown so far to the MCU takes it on her shoulders to carry us to Avengers: Endgame, the most anticipated Marvel film since the last Avengers movie. The post The Babylon Bee Reviews 'Ca

      in Christian Satire

    • Media Hypes Roger Stone ‘Revelation’ That Has Been Public For A Year

      By Chuck Ross - A court filing in the special counsel’s case against Roger Stone was widely interpreted in the mainstream press as explosive new evidence of the Trump confidant’s contacts with WikiLeaks and Russian operatives Prosecutors said Friday that search warrants used in the special counsel’s investigation revealed communications that Stone had with WikiLeaks and Guccifer 2.0. Various news outlets seized on the filing as new evidence in the collusion probe But Stone’s contacts wit

      in Political Conservative News

    • Is America the endtime Beast country prophesized in Revelation and Daniel?

      As you may already know the books of Revelation and Daniel etc. prophesized the Beast country, to be appeared in End time. Many people says about it: S ome say it is EU (Europe Union) or other says it is UN (United Nations) or other says it is resurrected Roman empire etc. For me, I convince that USA, America is this very nation, end time beast country. You can see this explanation at below: The book of Daniel depicts this country as: 1.The country which has strong arm

      in Christian Eschatology

    • Both Peter (Galatians 2:13) and John (Revelation 19:10) sinned

      For those who believe that a Christian never sins please explain how both Peter and Barnabas (Galatians 2:13) as well as John (Revelation 19:10) sinned.   Galatians 2:13 The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. (NASB)   Revelation 19:10 Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For t

      in Perfectionism

×
×
  • Create New...